1. Arena ratings, mmr, and making sense of it.

Hey,

I have a very serious bug here, or I miss something entirely (albeit it is very likely a bug, and especially a bug with me). After not really playing since last winter I came back to play arena, I am over 300 matches in different teams in the last 2 weeks. However I have a serious, game breaking issue with rating gain - which keeps repeating itself in whichever team I join/create.

Here is the thing. My MMR should be low, since not really playing before, and it is low indeed (1336). However if I play and win, no matter against what teams with what mmr, we barely gain anything, and if we lose, it looks like as if I would have extremely high mmr.

Here is the team I joined: http://armory.warmane.com/team/Gulag.../match-history. The last 22 matches were with me (second page). As you can see, since I joined the team the wins mean less and losses mean more (the team didn't have a bigger rating loss than -8, with me the first was -16 (sure, we hit 1500 rating before that). Most teams we fought were newly formed, and regardless of MMR, if they won they got a lot (the battle against the one just before last, both were close to 1600 mmr, but with a new team) - but what I don't get is why am I losing a lot and never gaining enough. Like literary every single team I'm facing is a newly formed team which means net loss?

So either my mmr seems to be bugged (hence the huge point losses whenever I'm involved, or everybody on this server makes a new team every week, regardless of gs. This is very annoying, I can't buy a single wrathful peace, even though I'm beating better geared teams almost all the time. Previous week I had 40 wins and 60 losses with a rog/lock team, and we couldn't really get any higher than 1400, and not just because we had a weak comp, but also because losses meant more points lost than wins gained - which to my knowledge, t this low rating should not be the case.

Despite what peeps say I always see 8-10 arena teams every evening. I know this is a very progressed server, however with my seemingly bugged "losses" and the gear disadvantage I have is very frustrating, especially since everyone geared enough to play, but not good enough to go for rank (I guess) reform teams on a weekly basis. Still, I would be really happy to know why my "loss of points" feels bugged.

Cecille

Edit.: this doesn't explain why I lose a lot of points, but should explain why wins never recuperate losses. MMR has nothing to do with points gained/lost, only team rating? That would be a very bad system, especially for someone less geared.
    Edited: November 1, 2018

2. I think I start to understand. To normalize the rating gains I need to win and catch up to the players I play with.