1. Is it worth it to gear my lock?

Hi, I'm very indecisive about what to do with my coins, don't know whether to gear my hunter or my lock, 5.5 and 5.8 gs, I enjoy both but my question is: If I buy them the same items, let's say bis weapons and trinkets and reach about 6k gs, will the dps be almost the same? or does the hunter pull ahead?

2. If you play Destro as lock or Survivle as Hunter your DPS will be really good at 6k gs. But for Aflliction lock (which is the best DPS spec of locks) 6k is low GS (you wont have the stats' you need to be competitive with the other DPS specs), but you are alright for Demo.
    MM (the best DPS spec of hunters) hunters need a lot of gear with passive ArmPen (850+ is perfect), so you can start gemming for it and make it to 100%.

So my answer is: Hunters are gear dependant to do DPS, locks not so much.

3. Thanks for your answer, but to make it more clear, let's say I get both chars to 6.1k+ , hunter with 100% arp, lock with high haste and crit, which one would do better?

4. Destro? Survival? Good DPS?

Anyhow, you should get:
    Xbow (Fal'inrush), Polearm (Oathbinder), Trinket (Sharpened Twilight Scale) for the Hunter,
    Sword (Bloodsurge), Trinket (Charred Twilight Scale) for the Warlock.
    If you have any coins leftovers, I would probably go for 2nd BiS trinkets, Deathbringers for Hunter, and Phylactery for the Warlock.

As for the specs, if you have these items, and any GS from 5.5k+, u should be MM and Demo.
    Main reason to go those specs is raid buffs they provide.
    For example, your personal DPS as a Demo Warlock can suck, somewhere arround 6k, but you would be buffing all spellcasters by 500 spell power for example, increasing the Raid DPS by a **** ton. If you go Affly, u could do 7-8k, but overall raid DPS would be a lot less cos of the missing 500 spell power.

5. Thanks for your reply, however, I'm not able to gear both characters because I'm also buying for my main, warrior. So I'm trying to figure out whether to gear my lock or my hunter 2nd.
    And my main concern is that if I go with lock my dps won't be as good as I want it to be.
    Edited: November 5, 2018

6. Gnimo, read what I said till the end plz. Dont asnwer unprepared.
    As for the question Hunter vs Lock as 2nd char - both are rare here (locks are a bit rarer), they both deal good DPS, hunters have a bit more work to do in the raid than the warlocks, the only difference is that hunter is a bit harder to gear than the lock. So its all up to you to decide which kind of char you want to play ...