1. Tips for brand new players. (i mean first char ever)

Hey yall,

Thought i would start a topic to help new players to the realm. And maybe some other players will have other things to add to help you along the way. Before we get started I would just like to say Welcome to warmane, Hope you enjoy wow as much as i have.

Now as a disclaimer im sure most of these tips will come in handy no matter what faction you play on. But alot of my stuff comes from the alliance side of things.....with that being said lets began

First and foremost, Gold and you!

Any char can make gold. This servers prices are over inflated by a long shot. So making you some starter gold is going to be our first step. You may ask, "Why do i need gold to start with?" Well to be quite honest if you dont wanna look like a wellfare child in the streets of Stormwind and get told to not be a lazy SOB. Your going to need it for your skills, mounts, and flight points. Here are my suggestions to getting some starting gold.

1. Professions

Professions are something your going to want to have ANYWAY. so why not start them just as soon as you can at level 10? I would suggest Mining, Herbal-ism, or Skinning. These will mix well with your other choice of professions. Each one outside of tailoring will need a gathering profession.

Now at the time of this guide. your basic mats (Copper bars, light leather, basic herbs) Will make you more then enough starting gold for just 1 stack. example. I have mining and blacksmith, and for 1 stack of copper i was selling for 75g at quick sell value (90 was the going rate). So you can have that starting gold with in a matter of mins.

2. PICK UP EVERYTHING.

Yall just starting out. Pick it all up if you dont need it and vendor it! Every little bit helps! not much else to go on that tip really!

3. DONT GOLD BEG

the gold that you will get (if any) is less then you would earn from picking up a basic gathering profession and your not wasting time. You can level and work on a profession at the same time. and come out better then trying to spend an hour to get 10 gold in SW spamming "Need gold for training"

(tip 4 for donors)
    If you just donated to skip que and dont plan to spend the coins. Might as well as get some starting gold (28.5k per 10 coins at the time of the guide) Just a suggestion

If you are new or have taken a break and just dont remember how to level NativeEDM has put a well put guide up that you can follow to help you get to 80. just click below

Wotlk Ultimate alliance leveling guide by NativeEDM
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=99150

While you are leveling your going to need bags. DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT buy under 12 slot bags on the AH. (current going price of 10 slot bags on ah is 15g Per bag) Go to stormwind, talk to a guard and click the skinning trainer. Walk into the skinning place and their is an NPC Bag Vendor. who sells 6slot bag for 4s 25c 8slot for 21s 25c 10slots for 1g 70s 12 slots for 8g 50s. Don't get scammed by low level tailors trying to make a quick buck of new players!

When you hit 20 make sure to have 10g saved up and at level 40 (50g) You will get your riding and it will speed things up!

Well time to take the wife out for dinner, I will add more on to this at a later time, maybe some others will join in helping the new players. Till the next post i hope you have fun leveling in wow.

Take care my friends!

2. As soon as you hit level 80 read a guide and fix your talents, it might not seem like a big deal, but it is. Leveling spec is more of a survival>anything spec, while an actual setup for pvp or pve is way different in most cases. Also make sure you've got all the lvl80 spells learned, that also makes a huge difference. Going through the spellbook and checking what some spells do is also nice, you've got some utility spells you're gonna need.

Don't use all of your spells! Use the spells which you have the talents for, let's put it that way. Like if you're an unholy death knight, you should never use obliterate, it is just way weaker than scourge strike. Read the guide, and do as it says, players have been playing this for years, they sure know better than you.

3. Lol if you are new here you should donate for coins... get instant 80, full bis gear and gold or you should leave this server! God damn poor noobs dont belong here

4. You will find alot of "ub3rl33t" punk asses on this server. that require you to have 5k gs to do Fos/pos. as the poster above shows, their are all types of asshats on the server. take everything with a grain of salt. you will find the right people to help you out.

Shadow Complex for the alliance is one such guild.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=393288

We ask that you come with an open mind and willing to learn attitude.

(more tips to come)

5. Tips for level 80 chars.
    Tip numero uno:
    Grow a pair of balls, dont be a snowflake.
    Tip numero duo:
    Learn to play your class, dont ask to be spoonfed with information.
    Tip numero tres:
    Dont leech, get good gear before u que into something and get carried.
    Tip numero quatro:
    Dont qq about lost loot in RDF, stop reporting people for dumb stuff.
    Tip numero cinko:
    Donate for atleast 1 bis item, skips the que, weapon helps a lot.

6. Good guide, Wim. Also good suggestions from Grobain and Gnimo.

I will just add that if you are new to the server, you may want to create more than 1 toon. If you run into a ganking problem while leveling, you can either make a plea in Global or just log onto the other toon for awhile. Actively avoid the most obvious places such as Stranglethorn Vale, Hellfire, Sholozar; applies to both alliance and horde.

Just to reiterate what Grobain and Gnimo have said, learn your class. There are plenty of guides out there on the internet and in the warmane forums to help you along.

7. You should donate for something good at least once, you're going to need it especially if you're a pvper on icecrown and want to compete on any level. Just donate like 10$ a month and in time you will have some pretty good stuff. If you enjoy something, it's ok to spend some money on it. Hell, my uncle spends all his money playing golf and WoW is much more fun than playing golf.

8. Nice to see that people are doing this to help new players out finding their way in WoW. Good job!

I'd also like to add that you shouldn't waste your time with dungeons before lvl 70 since questing will be a lot faster. Once you hit level 70 I'd suggest you to do at least the first RDF of the day since they reward you with bonus XP and Emblems of Triumph. You could also queue up for those you have a quest line for e.g. The Nexus and Utgarde Keep.

9. Tips for level 80 chars.
    Tip numero uno:
    Grow a pair of balls, dont be a snowflake.
    Tip numero duo:
    Tip numero tres:
    Tip numero quatro:
    Dont qq about lost loot in RDF, stop reporting people for dumb stuff.
    Tip numero cinko:
    Donate for atleast 1 bis item, skips the que, weapon helps a lot.
    Lmao, reading Tip 3 and all i can think about is the 1,5k - 2k gs, fresh 80 toons in RBGs!

10. Lmao, reading Tip 3 and all i can think about is the 1,5k - 2k gs, fresh 80 toons in RBGs!
    RBGs? hahahahahhahahahahaha :))

11. Tip numero duo:
    Asking questions is part of the learning process. I'd rather the person ask questions than not at all. Though it is best to have a look at guides when applicable first.

Tip numero tres:
    Indeed don't leech, but on the "good gear" part - just make sure you're doing content that is appropriate for your gear and experience with the game.

My #1 tip for a brand new player is to not let people offer to carry you in terms of leveling up, doing professions, gearing process, etc. It takes away from the learning and adventuring experience, which does matter a lot more than it may seem.

12. Asking questions is part of the learning process. I'd rather the person ask questions than not at all. Though it is best to have a look at guides when applicable first.
    Questions like:
    Will Obliterate DMG be increased if i have Diseases on the target?
    or any other that can be answered by just looking and reading your spells, talents, so on...

13. Questions like:
    Will Obliterate DMG be increased if i have Diseases on the target?
    or any other that can be answered by just looking and reading your spells, talents, so on...
    why should i manually reapply Frost Fever and Blood Plague as unholy, instead of using glyph of disease?
    i mean, with glyph I can drink my hot cocoa in peace and not have to stress so much about it :(

14. Just make a Rogue and do Sinister Strike and Slice and Dice every 7 sec for ultimate chill fun hot cocoa drinking gameplay.

15. why should i manually reapply Frost Fever and Blood Plague as unholy, instead of using glyph of disease?
    i mean, with glyph I can drink my hot cocoa in peace and not have to stress so much about it :(
    The awnser to that question requires a lot of explanation, for example, if you use disease glyph you'l skip 1 global cool down using 1 ability instead of 2, thus getting your runes off cool down faster, and your runes is basicly your main source of damage, on the other hand you loose damage in some other way, Death Knights glyphs unlike many other classes are VERY usefull and provide a lot of damage increase.

12 Last