1. New player looking for some advice on how to start out.

Hello friends!

I've just started playing on Icecrown and need some advice on what I should be doing. I'm on an 80 boost so i'm just kind of trying to jump in headfirst. On the advice of some people I was chatting with when I first came here I bought some coins and used them to purchase some weapons for my hunter but I don't quite know what to do next because I was really young when I played WOTLK retail and don't remember much about it. All I've done so far is set up my talents, find a pet for myself, and get my crossbow skill maxed out. If someone could point me in the right direction for what I should do to get started on an 80 boost I'd be very grateful. Also if anyone knows where to find 2 trinkets really easily I didn't get any when I boosted my character.

2. Welcome Cactusjack.

Start browsing the forum for some hunter PvE class guides. That will give you an idea of how to build/use your class. You'll need to start looking up some raid tactic guides for the bosses of each of the raids as well (such as ICC, TOC, Ulduar) if that's the route you plan to take.

For practice, try out some of rotations of your class on a dummy. Get familiar with the skill prioritisation then start trying some dungeons to get your gear score up (a prerequisite for entering most advertised raids). You will receive emblems upon completion which can be spent to get better gear. Once you have enough of said gear, you can move onto raids and try your hand at those.

3. Hello friends!

I've just started playing on Icecrown and need some advice on what I should be doing. I'm on an 80 boost so i'm just kind of trying to jump in headfirst. On the advice of some people I was chatting with when I first came here I bought some coins and used them to purchase some weapons for my hunter but I don't quite know what to do next because I was really young when I played WOTLK retail and don't remember much about it. All I've done so far is set up my talents, find a pet for myself, and get my crossbow skill maxed out. If someone could point me in the right direction for what I should do to get started on an 80 boost I'd be very grateful. Also if anyone knows where to find 2 trinkets really easily I didn't get any when I boosted my character.
    Yo buddy,

So, you’re lvl 80 hunter with donated weapons, rest of the gear is the one you got with insta level?

1. /join global and search for ICC rep farm. Once you’re there, obtain Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance(you’ll need Exalted for this one)
    2. I’d pick out Skinning profession for mats farm - it should give you a nice gold income by selling needed mats on the AH. However, if you can donate for gold, use that to purchase several BoE items for your hunter.
    3. Once you hit 4k GS, start doing RDF HC, do Fos/Pos/HoR quest chain and farm those for EoTs. Use Emblems of Triumph to gear up.

Trinket1: Needle Encrusted Scorpion (Drops from heroic version of FoS, last boss).
    Trinket2: Something else will drop :D But I’d advise you to once you reach 1000 acheivement points to start collecting points on www.warmane.com. With 15-20 you should be able to get anotehr trinket.

This works both for PvP and PvE. If you’re going to focus PvP more, I’d advise joining RBG for that WIN daily. If you see you’re winning, join next one etc.. If not, just go farm EoT’s.
    Edited: November 8, 2018