1. Health (HP) instead of %HP

Why do Warmane use %HP instead of the the actual mob HP?

Is it a hard thing for you devs to change?

Other TBC servers use HP points instead of HP %.

I have to use an addon to see the the health bar in numbers.

Can you improve and make this server better devs?

If other TBC servers can do this, why cant Warmane do it?

2. they are able to do it but they have decided to keep it how it was on TBC Retail

3. This was changed during TBC.
    At least on EU servers. I wonder why they just dont change it for the better? Maybe they dont know how to change it?
    Even in the Options menu you can enable % display or disable it. But it doesnt change anything.

4. This was changed during TBC.
    At least on EU servers. I wonder why they just dont change it for the better? Maybe they dont know how to change it?
    Even in the Options menu you can enable % display or disable it. But it doesnt change anything.
    Yes they are able to produce 5 realms across 3 expansions, most of which have relatively little issues and maintain a population in the thousands, but aren't able to change % to hp.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=356887

5. ok so lets step back and instead of blasting away your ignorance guns, and consider what you are saying.
    you are saying that the devs can show % HP but not Healthpoints. Can you think about this for a sec? Do you know what % means? it is a relation to an amount of units. You cannot have a % if you dont have the individual amounts of the messure. Just tell me, how do you calculate the % of health if you dont know what the healh is? Please boys, do some reading on basic math.

CALCULATING % OF SOMETHING (Math for 10 year olds):
    Example:
    if 100% is 200, and the mob has 20%, how much health the mob has?
    20 x 200 / 100 = 40HP. so 20% of 200 is 40.

another way to do it:
    if you want to calculate a % of something, you remove the % symbol and divide the % by 100. so if you want 20% of 200, you do 200x0.2 = 40
    Lets try it again so we can see how magical this 10year old math is:
    lets calculate 130% of 200: 200x1,3 = 260. OMG THIS IS SOME WIZARD ****

The answer to your question is yes they can do it. ofc they can do it. its impossible not to be able to do it.
    If they WANT to do it or not, is a different deal.
    Edited: November 8, 2018

6. I remember having health points in TBC and I was in awe how cool it was that it started to show 100K instead of 100'000 in Wotlk.
    Everyone seems adamant that it wasn't so, so maybe I'm tripping.

7. No reason not to have this. Just a super tiny QoL thing that would make us not have to download the addon mobinfo. It doesn't give any sort of advantage, not being able to know the exact HP just makes so many things that should be basic, needlessly difficult. The game should have always had the option to show exact numbers, it's ridiculous that it doesn't. I really don't see it as a custom change more like changing things to how EVERYONE AGREES they should be. I don't understand why you would be so adamant to not change this, literally everyone still really wants/NEEDS this changed. % ONLY is stupid af and always was stupid af even on retail everyone agrees

8. you can show target's hp. just go to interface --> status text --> display percentages (on/off)

from there you can see percentage or actual hp.

also, being able to see %hp helps a lot for boss fights, certain classes procs (warrs execute, hunts kill shot, etc).

9. I remember having health points in TBC and I was in awe how cool it was that it started to show 100K instead of 100'000 in Wotlk.
    Everyone seems adamant that it wasn't so, so maybe I'm tripping.
    You must have been using one of the ubiquitous add-ons from back then that had databases with gathered data showing approximations.

No reason not to have this.
    You disagreeing with our reason - keeping this game mechanic the way it worked in retail, as that's what we aim to emulate - doesn't makes it so there's none or makes it invalid.

you can show target's hp. just go to interface --> status text --> display percentages (on/off)

from there you can see percentage or actual hp.
    That actually only shows exact numbers for characters in your party, everything else is meant to be shown as a percentage without the use of add-ons.

Either way, as has already been stated by players and Staff in the past, this is the way Burning Crusade worked and we want to keep it that way. As Aderes already explained, it actually takes an extra to have percentages be shown, so talking like there's some sort of "inability" to code it from our Developers is nonsense. Players already have the option of using add-ons to get estimates if they want.