1. Authentication code. Pls Make it stop.

Is it possible to add more time to an authentication code to expire? I don't know if its normal but I have to authenticate every day when I log in to vote. worse part, when I forget to have my email ready I have limited time to copy and paste before it expires, if I don't make it on time I have to wait for a new one and might happen again if it takes a bit too long to arrive. It gets kinda troublesome. Authentication code makes me feel safe but do we really need to have a timer running to write it down? At least a couple more minutes would make it better.

2. You can use your phone to generate codes, it works way better than the email anyway.

3. Change to the "Google Authenticator" option which really just means TOTP.

Then use either Authy (desktop, phone) Google Authenticator (phone only), or Microsoft Authenticator (phone only). If you're a LastPass user they also have an application here.

My personal preference for mobile devices is Authy because it can sync and backup TOTP codes between multiple devices and then lock the Authy account. Something to note is Authy requires a phone number to sign up. With the others if you have multiple devices all you need to do is add the QR code to all devices separately.

When you use TOTP all you have to worry about is the timer on your phone, and that your phone's time is reasonably accurate (it should be).

Keep in mind that if you only have a single device with the TOTP codes and that device is lost, stolen, or broken you will not be able to log in unless you are able to recover the codes from a backup (or the website has emergency codes). If you're not comfortable using a desktop as a secondary device and don't want to buy another phone you can purchase something like a type of Yubikey (The "Security Key" production will NOT function for this.) which uses this app to store the codes on it securely in a fashion that's not directly accessible by software on the desktop computer.
    Edited: November 12, 2018