1. Windows 10

Good night, I've been playing in Icecrown for some time and I had to format my machine and put windows 10, before my ping was 230, now it's not below 900. Would it be a problem with windows 10? Do you have any configuration to make? Please, someone who understands could help me, I want to continue playing.
    Thank you very much in advance.

2. Hello,

I'm not saying it isn't possible for the upgrade to a new OS to cause any sort of higher latency issues, but even if it was to cause any issues - they likely would not be this dramatic - but it could be somewhat resolved.

Check what all you have running, ensure you don't have the Windows update running 24/7 - if your data connection is bad, or your connection is very slow then it is possible that this is part of the cause for your high latency.

You can stop the Windows Update by opening Task Manager and finding the services tab, organize the services alphabetically and then scroll to the bottom and find "wuauserv" - then force stop the update. You can also do this from the command prompt as well.

See if that helps, if not we can try something else.

3. It is happening only in Warmane, Dota and CS game normally, without any loss of latency. And coincidentally it was after the installation of Windows 10, unfortunately not fixing the way I will have to leave that great server behind. I have disabled windows update, add firewall, uninstalled anti virus, the machine only has dota and warmane installed. Neither package office installed yet.

4. Well, I wouldn't leave so much as just check what you can and figure out what you can. But like I've said, updating the OS isn't going to create a dramatic change such as you've stated. It could just be your connection really isn't all that great and there is something else eating away at the connection.

View your performance settings, whatever it is you will either find or won't. If you find nothing wrong with your PC in any settings, that points to something hogging the connection - then it is safe to say that it is not the new OS update. It wouldn't really be a possibility at that point if you've managed to comb through and eliminate any potential connection thieves.

It just sounds like a bad connection between your client and the server, which happens.

I would not pin blame on the update though, seeing as like I said unless your connection was very slow to begin with, then it isn't likely that it would make such a dramatic change in your game play. Also seeing as World of Warcraft requires a very small amount of data it needs to run properly, it isn't likely the updating to a new OS would be the cause unless what I already stated is accurate for you.

Let me put it this way, I also have windows 10 and was playing off a phone tethered connection, which as you can imagine isn't all that great but more than enough to play World of Warcraft. Therefore, like I've said above, it likely isn't the OS system causing you issues, but it isn't impossible either. Which is where I tell you to comb through your settings, check your usage, and find what you think could be causing the gap of connection usage.
    But again speaking from past experience, I've never had an issue when updating to a new OS - since the game requires such little demand in data and connection to begin with.
    Edited: November 12, 2018

5. I understood my friend, and thank you for the concern and explanation.
    But only I use the network here from home, it comes straight from the cable to my notebook.
    Also I could not understand this change that had, even because it would affect the other games, but the Dota is running even better.

6. I understood my friend, and thank you for the concern and explanation.
    But only I use the network here from home, it comes straight from the cable to my notebook.
    Also I could not understand this change that had, even because it would affect the other games, but the Dota is running even better.
    It may just be the server, I know I see many people say they are laggy or lagging then moments later be fine. If it's consistent then it has to be a connection issue on your side. If it isn't then it may be the server client, being a bit slow due to the population and demand.

Nonetheless, I wish you luck. I hope you're able to play normally again eventually.