1. The dictionary meaning of "progressive" is irrelevant here. It means a different thing within the private wow server communities and you know it.
    No, you assumed something because other private servers did it like that, and are trying to push your mistake as us somehow not following what we said because the meaning of words is irrelevant or some similar absurdity.

2. I'll stop arguing with you now as you're clearly set on not wanting to understand the criticisms I've brought up. You're resorting to petty semantics when we both know "progressive" has a contextual meaning within the private WoW server community.
    Anyway I'm certain the sentiments I've put forward in my initial reply can be confirmed by others who played on Medivh. You don't have to agree with what I said; they're just my honest opinions.

3. I'll stop arguing with you now as you're clearly set on not wanting to understand the criticisms I've brought up. You're resorting to petty semantics when we both know "progressive" has a contextual meaning within the private WoW server community.
    Anyway I'm certain the sentiments I've put forward in my initial reply can be confirmed by others who played on Medivh. You don't have to agree with what I said; they're just my honest opinions.
    "Hey, new on this reddit and all I did until now was tell people how awesome a certain server is, and for one major reason:

It's a Progressive server. If you have not guessed it yet, I am talking about <.....>.

What is a progressive server? It's basically a server which unlocks content over time. In my example of <.....>, it will go through classic 1.5 to 3.3.5a, kind of."

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765526457

https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/...essive_server/

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...ssive_content/

That moment when reality gets called "petty semantics."

4. Wehey, someone from Panacea debating **** on forums? Who knew :D

5. As someone who played on Medivh from almost beggining till end, i think i can tell couple of words also.. First of all i agree with everything laszxx said, those are all main reasons why Medivh failed. First major thing was releasing Medivh after Outland huge hype (you announced Outland like 2 months before, april 1st i think right?). And after big launch and everything you just said Medivh x1 rate realm will launch next week. Literally nobody from other servers knew you will lunch x1 rate realm + people who leveled to already max on Outland didnt have motivation to restart and start everything from scratch. So you lowered playerbase with those 2 things by a good margin.

After all of that content for x1 rate server was released way way to fast and that is one of reasons why people got tired (on 1x rate server players want to progress, nothing fastpaced) Medivh had same timeline about raids as Outland, although you ding max on Outland in like 5 days and for Medivh you need month...

After that, loot drops - low lvl dungeon blues were raining - completly fcked up loot tables, i remember running sunken temple and getting same rare mail item like 5-6 times (you would finish dungeons with way to many blues droping in every single instance). To many green items when you came to outland zones was also problem (people who leveled first got nice stocks of gold) and after that big nerf came where green items didnt even exist on starting zones of outland. Eventually this part of outland zones got fixed but low level gear drops never did. Players who join x1 rate servers usually like leveling, making gold, working on profs etc, and this made quiting part of them for sure.

Pvp thing which laszxx explained was probably the biggest downside, pvp is part of wow and pvp on medivh did not exist at all = huge minus for population

New x1 rate servers opened - big deal also, took some pop (btw obnx, those servers died because scripting was bad, not because players dont want x1)

And now one more thing which everybody forgets it, it is a gold squish, that thing punched server so hard, i know from my guild like half people quited because of that. Till this day i still dont understand why you made gold squish to non marketplace, x1 rate, tbc realm where richest guy probably had like 6k gold tops lol.

There are couple of more reasons but i wont mention it, those up are main ones and saying players dont want tbc x1 is just plain wrong.

Btw Penacea with couple of more guilds (like 10 or something, including mine) did not quit server as far i know, they stayed untill transfer opened..

6. saying players dont want tbc x1 is just plain wrong.
    Yes, you're correct, that's why all other Burning Crusade with x1 rates out there are thriving and overpopulated, since they didn't do the things you list as reasons for Medivh losing population, right?

Think and say what you will, Occam's Razor will be there to roll its eyes.

7. even if medivh had of launched first it wouldn't have mattered. plenty of people would of only played there until the 5x server opened. just like they did when lord launched with the new wotlk core, it's population was through the roof up until the point where the 7x servers got the same core. then players started migrating back to their preferred servers with the new core.

end of the day the majority of people don't like 1x realms. combine that with tbc's higher general difficulty and the annoyance that is attunements and you have a sever that imo was doomed from the get go.

8. Yes, you're correct, that's why all other Burning Crusade with x1 rates out there are thriving and overpopulated, since they didn't do the things you list as reasons for Medivh losing population, right?

Think and say what you will, Occam's Razor will be there to roll its eyes.
    Name me any high rate populated tbc server lol, its not my problem that any server cant script correctly tbc.. And all those things i said are all valid points..

@Skuddy

Not true, i dont agree, you dont know what kind of sheeps are private server players..

9. Name me any high rate populated tbc server lol, its not my problem that any server cant script correctly tbc.. And all those things i said are all valid points..
    You got it backwards there. You're the one saying Medivh died for this and that, while I'm saying it died - like the other x1 servers around - because that's not what people want to play in the end. There were competitors out there with good scripting, and they are gone. You're the one who have to show me x1 servers that are highly populated if you want to prove that you're not just spewing out your own personal reasons and labeling them as "universal truth" for all the players who left.

10. I wrote reply earlier but it got deleted somehow.. Anyways, obnoxios i cant name you any x1 tbc server because there isnt any single one of them existing high or low out there, dont know how you dont get it. Your saying is comepletly invalid and keep believing that you didnt make any mistakes. that gold squish was good for Medivh and that people only want high rates lols.

edit: Btw the only good cometitor who was x1 closed server because of blizzard as far i know, rest of it was garbage..
    Edited: November 15, 2018

11. There is a x1 classic wow realm with a population similiar to Icecrown so I guess a x1 rate TBC realm could also be popular.
    Imo Medivh died because it had to compete with Outlands high rates. Most ppl here always choose the realm with the highest rates. In Moltens/Warmanes history the realm with the highest rates was always the most populated one.

If the mentioned classic wow server had also a high rate realm then it would most likely also be there most popular realm.

12. I wrote reply earlier but it got deleted somehow..

It didn't "get deleted somehow." You deleted it yourself.

Anyways, obnoxios i cant name you any x1 tbc server because there isnt any single one of them existing high or low out there, dont know how you dont get it. Your saying is comepletly invalid and keep believing that you didnt make any mistakes. that gold squish was good for Medivh and that people only want high rates lols.
    It's ironic how in the comment you deleted you say I "read what I want," yet you say I believe we didn't make any mistakes - which I admit in my first post in this thread. You're delusional on multiple levels, and can't even grasp the simple fact that all x1 Burning Crusade servers died, while our Outland remains with a large population and healthy, because people prefer higher rates. Even servers that didn't make our mistakes are also dead, so all you do is try to blame mistakes that at most hastened what would have happened anyways. You go on and keep pointing fingers at shadows instead of realizing what you like is niche.

There is a x1 classic wow realm with a population similiar to Icecrown so I guess a x1 rate TBC realm could also be popular.
    Imo Medivh died because it had to compete with Outlands high rates. Most ppl here always choose the realm with the highest rates. In Moltens/Warmanes history the realm with the highest rates was always the most populated one.

If the mentioned classic wow server had also a high rate realm then it would most likely also be there most popular realm.
    Thank you.

13. It didn't "get deleted somehow." You deleted it yourself.

It's ironic how in the comment you deleted you say I "read what I want," yet you say I believe we didn't make any mistakes - which I admit in my first post in this thread. You're delusional on multiple levels, and can't even grasp the simple fact that all x1 Burning Crusade servers died, while our Outland remains with a large population and healthy, because people prefer higher rates. Even servers that didn't make our mistakes are also dead, so all you do is try to blame mistakes that at most hastened what would have happened anyways. You go on and keep pointing fingers at shadows instead of realizing what you like is niche.

Thank you.
    I didnt say you deleted it, probably i clicked it by mistake.. It doesnt matter anyways. And why you saying thank you to jakkre, what he said is comepletly oposite what are you saying. You are the one who is saying people do not want x1, and i agree somehow what he said, medivh didnt have any chance vs outland here, becaude multiple reasons i mentioned earlier AND because warmane playerbase likes more high rate. But saying players dont want x1 and that is why it failed is complete nonsense.

14. And i am done talking with, you just keep repating yourself, why is there only outland as high rate server and no other x1. When you bring something normal like mentioned jakkre on previous post we can talk.

15. And why you saying thank you to jakkre, what he said is comepletly oposite what are you saying. You are the one who is saying people do not want x1, and i agree somehow what he said, medivh didnt have any chance vs outland here, becaude multiple reasons i mentioned earlier AND because warmane playerbase likes more high rate. But saying players dont want x1 and that is why it failed is complete nonsense.
    You REALLY do read what you want, don't you? He's saying with all letters "Imo Medivh died because it had to compete with Outlands high rates. Most ppl here always choose the realm with the highest rates." Where is he saying anything about your "multiple reasons"? All he says is that people choose high rates - because that's what they want and prefer. He even goes as far as saying that the Vanilla server he used as an example would be even more successful if it had higher rates for ****'s sake.

And "why is there only outland as high rate server and no other x1"? Are you for real? Because high rate is what holds players' interest. There aren't enough players to justify keeping a x1 Burning Crusade server open. You are a niche player.

Anyway, I'm glad you're done. I'm no shrink and dealing with the delusional isn't part of my job.

First 1234 Last