1. New Multiboxer

Hello.

So I got ISBoxer setup, just went through the wizard and followed a YouTube guide so it's all defaults at the moment.

Someone told me that custom macros are much better than using the ISBoxer stuff, is that a good way forward?

I've written plenty of add-ons over the last year both 3.3.5 API and the current BfA API, however macros are something I've not gone into before when it comes to adding conditions etc. I reckon I could pick it up if it's worth it.

Also been pondering over which class to play. I had a little play about with 3 shamans and then with 3 mages last night. Both seemed good but I'm now thinking about druids, priests and if it's worth having a melee with casters following?
    Is it complex having say a tank/melee with 2 caster classes, maybe 2 pure dps and 2 heal/dps hybrids?

I think I could run 5 toons, I noticed after dropping the follower toon graphics that my fan went almost silent. I have a dell g5 if anyone has something similar for reference.

And lastly any other tips for a beginner, specifically on the looting subject and how to avoid collecting quests. I made it free for all loot and then got everything on 1 toon then switch screens to the 2nd and then the 3rd.

Thanks.

2. Hello.

So I got ISBoxer setup, just went through the wizard and followed a YouTube guide so it's all defaults at the moment.

Someone told me that custom macros are much better than using the ISBoxer stuff, is that a good way forward?

I've written plenty of add-ons over the last year both 3.3.5 API and the current BfA API, however macros are something I've not gone into before when it comes to adding conditions etc. I reckon I could pick it up if it's worth it.

Also been pondering over which class to play. I had a little play about with 3 shamans and then with 3 mages last night. Both seemed good but I'm now thinking about druids, priests and if it's worth having a melee with casters following?
    Is it complex having say a tank/melee with 2 caster classes, maybe 2 pure dps and 2 heal/dps hybrids?

I think I could run 5 toons, I noticed after dropping the follower toon graphics that my fan went almost silent. I have a dell g5 if anyone has something similar for reference.

And lastly any other tips for a beginner, specifically on the looting subject and how to avoid collecting quests. I made it free for all loot and then got everything on 1 toon then switch screens to the 2nd and then the 3rd.

Thanks.
    using aither in-game macros or built-in isboxer macros wont make much differance other that time consumed in making them. since you are new, it might be tough creating macros within isboxer and linking stuff, but MiRai covers all the guides for isboxer in an easely understandable way. if you are going to box only 5 characters, you could just create in-game macros for every character, will be faster, especially if u will box different classes.
    As for macros themselves, basic knowledge of macro system within wow is enough in most cases. you will mostly need /assist /cast /castsequence /target, those are the most common. what will be the hardest is putting your though how to use abilitys in an efficient way, ofc you can search guides, or you can think of it yourself, but definetly consumes time :P

as for setup, it really depends on what you are going to play, PvP or PvE, then what you prefer playing - melee or casters.
    for pve, unless you can box 10chars, rdf hc is your final stage so taking tank and healer + 3dps or tank+4dps is your way. w/e classes you pick are going to work aventually just matter of gear and macros. for dungeons easyest would be playing 1dk+4rets/tank+4ele shamans/paladin+4shadow priests. anything besides those 3 will be harder but will do.
    As for PvP its more complicated than pve, so it takes alotmore things to explain, also full of guides on google, too lazy to cover it all up myself :P

if you play on outland or icecrown server, you can simply skip gathering quests. looting quests shouldnt be skipped in most cases, they are easy and fast. with isboxer you turn off broadcasting and loot same item with all characters. obviously free for all must be always set.