1. Shadow Priest Damage PvE

Hi ! I want to make a shadow priest and I wanted to know if he has the potential to top dpsing against mages,rogues,warriors with same gs which are mostly on the top. I'm asking this because I saw many sp with high gs doing low dps and now I'm unsure if it's worth to invest time to learn the class.

2. For the TLK extension, Shadow Priest is a very competitive DPS. A good Shadow Priest will be in the on par with most of the other DPS classes. However, Affliction Warlock and LB-TTW or LB-FFB Mages should always be able to beat a Shadow Priest on any ICC fight.

However, it's hard to rank him as a DPS since some fights may favor some other classes through mechanics.

3. Shadowpriest is needed in every 25m raid group.
    So if you like the playstyle and design of the class/spec, go for it.

As for DPS, the only fight you can hope to top is a heavy AoE one. When talking about BiS, you have no chance in beating an equaly good/skilled Fwar, Crogue, Fmage on single target, its how this patch works.
    But overall, good Spriest has a great DPS and will help your raid in a lot of ways.

4. But he can be in like the first 3 or 5 right ?

5. If there was a Fwar, Crog, Fmage, Fdruid, Mhunter on a heavy single target dps fight, than no, you cant be top 5.
    You can still do great dps, but just not as good as those classes.
    Again, Spriest deserves a raid spot in both 10 and 25m raids, its a great suport class, you wont top recounts but you will help the raid a lot.
    In the end it all comes to weather you like the design of the spec or not. Go watch some videos on how to play Spriest and other classes/specs you are also interested in and decide which one u like the most.

P.S. If a healer dies, an Spriest can try to recover a raid for a bit longer and maybe secure the kill, something other classes, that top metters, cant (maybe Ret paladin but for a limited time duo to lower mana pool). Also a low CD on dispersion can help soak lots of kind of dmg, something other dps cant do as good, so again, u might not top recounts, but you will be noticed in other ways...
    Edited: November 16, 2018

6. Why would you tell bs to this guy when u have no idea what ur talking about? I can easily outdps anyone (bis vs bis ) and i outdps any bis fwar and fmage (i am talking about good ones not random dogs). I am always top dps on any fight and i only do main runs on my priest meaning every1 in the raid is bis with years of exp.

7. Why would you tell bs to this guy when u have no idea what ur talking about? I can easily outdps anyone (bis vs bis ) and i outdps any bis fwar and fmage (i am talking about good ones not random dogs). I am always top dps on any fight and i only do main runs on my priest meaning every1 in the raid is bis with years of exp.
    Then you are not playing with good Mages or Warriors. It really is that simple. I'd be curious to see where you're raiding/what server/what guild/what mages and warriors you're using as reference.

8. Then you are not playing with good Mages or Warriors. It really is that simple. I'd be curious to see where you're raiding/what server/what guild/what mages and warriors you're using as reference.
    It really is *not* that simple. Raid comp, gear, and other things matter as well. Shadow Priests are very capable at doing good damage. "Top" damage, maybe, maybe not.

Also, guys, can we not necro old threads? Make a new one if you want to have this discussion please.