1. How's the PvP & Population in Icecrown?

Hey I was thinking of joining Warmane and would like some input on the servers

I've considered IC but there's some doubts

1. Why does Outland TBC have gladiator titles whereas WoTLK servers have lame duelist titles? Is Outland better for PvP then?

2. Why does IC have the highest population yet every time I check the '# Viewing' the forums, Icecrown seems to always have the least? Is icecrown just full of bots or something?

3. How's the Arena queue times and competitive aspect of Icecrown?

4. Are the top players actually glad material for retail WoW? (I was 2400+ multiple seasons, is this going to be as challenging or some easy p2w seeing that the ladder is capping at 2200-2500)

Thank you in advance for any helpful comments!
    Edited: November 17, 2018

2. 1. Most likely because they removed title rewards for 2s in WOTLK.

2. WTF does forum had to do with server population, why don't you just log in and try to read global chat for 10 sec or go in front of SW.

3. Arena queue will be instant queue for 2s. 3s can be a problem, it seem to be very active at the start of the season and then slow down by a lot.

4. Go watch some of molten/warmane tournaments they have done and decide by yourself.
    Edited: November 17, 2018

3. why don't you just log in and try to read global chat for 10 sec or go in front of SW.
    Silly you, you forgot about Trade chat spams, at least on Horde, "SYLVANAS DID NOTHING WRONG", "NA BETTER COUNTRY THAN EU", even the good ol' **** spam who we all know and hate

4. at 0 ranking and 0mmr u will face full geared guys (with shadowmourne, thx the shop)
    So it take long time to be really competitive...

5. 2. Why does IC have the highest population yet every time I check the '# Viewing' the forums, Icecrown seems to always have the least? Is icecrown just full of bots or something?

4. Are the top players actually glad material for retail WoW? (I was 2400+ multiple seasons, is this going to be as challenging or some easy p2w seeing that the ladder is capping at 2200-2500)

Thank you in advance for any helpful comments!
    Icecrown is the oldest realm, it's been remade and merged back and forth but the playerbase remains the same for a decade soon, So regarding to how active forums are, People know everything already and even general chatt in game works faster to learn something then searching the billion of forum threads.
    If there was a way to se how many threads that's been made instead of how active it is for the moment.

About the PVP aspect, I payed competitive in Retail to but when people have played the same expansion for 10 years with the same class, same abilities, I can promise you, the top PvPers here are insanely skilled, end game PvP here on Icecrown require some serious skill.
    There is a lot of newbs, and some people with maxed out gear due to the store but if we think about it, PvP in WOTLK is only 50% about the gear, this game require some serious coordination and thinking when it comes to PvP, Gear alone can only get you a bit on the way.

Not to forget, Warmane team is currently and have been working for a cross realm feature on all their 3 Wotlk realms so the arenas will (when implemented) explode, the ladder as we know it will change drastically.

6. [...]
    Not to forget, Warmane team is currently and have been working for a cross realm feature on all their 3 Wotlk realms so the arenas will (when implemented) explode, the ladder as we know it will change drastically.
    Icecrown you can buy shadowmourne in the shop, blackrock you can't. They should balance some things before cross realm...

7. Icecrown you can buy shadowmourne in the shop, blackrock you can't. They should balance some things before cross realm...
    And on blackrock you start with relentless, while on Icecrown, you're in greens.

Boo hoo poor blackrock people.

8. 1

3. Arena queue will be instant queue for 2s. 3s can be a problem, it seem to be very active at the start of the season and then slow down by a lot.
    I'm still confused at how a realm with 12k players at almost all times does not have active 3s

9. I'm still confused at how a realm with 12k players at almost all times does not have active 3s
    People are not that interested in 3s, not much of a reason to queue for it as first place unless you try to push for titles.

10. Arena isn't as popular nowadays. Its full of scripters and ofc numerous warrior + hpala groups.

11. 1. Why does Outland TBC have gladiator titles whereas WoTLK servers have lame duelist titles? Is Outland better for PvP then?
    Well, id say Outland is better for arena because it has the more active brackets.
    On Icecrown u are pretty much limited to the unbalanced 2s bracket while on Outland all brackets (including 5s) are active.

I also doubt that the upcoming cross realm arena will make 3s active on wotlk.
    As long as Wrathfull shoulders are available in the store the 3s bracket will remain dead.
    Imo the best solution would be to remove these shoulders of all characters that purchased them in the shop and refund the coins. Then make the shoulders only acquirable ingame and watch how the 3s bracket will bloom.
    Edited: November 22, 2018

12. Arena isn't as popular nowadays. Its full of scripters and ofc numerous warrior + hpala groups.
    Didn't Warmane update their anti cheat to detect scripting months ago?

13. Didn't Warmane update their anti cheat to detect scripting months ago?
    They did, but people found workarounds

14. Didn't Warmane update their anti cheat to detect scripting months ago?
    its called coping

15. They did, but people found workarounds
    Are you talking from direct knowledge (not meaning that you use anything, but that you are personally aware of it) or some "that guy who beat me must have been scripting" thing?

12 Last