1. Icecrown - Event needs fix.

So i am not alone here as i see, but the event designed this year for christmas EOF is not worth both time and effort.
    there are people who got 1 EOF per hour which sounds more like a joke. Even 5 EOF per hour in event is a joke. Sorry i don't mean disrespect to the staff for event But this either needs to be tuned properly or fixed.
    Edited: December 22, 2018

2. But who mentioned EOFs anywhere? "economically thoughtful aliens" doesn't mean "filled with EOFs like snowmen"
    I'd be fine with scrolls for transmog, cosmetics, mounts maybe, but eofs are BS anyway. I stand by it. Bunch of alts get gear and just suck ingame for months after this.

3. But who mentioned EOFs anywhere? "economically thoughtful aliens" doesn't mean "filled with EOFs like snowmen"
    I'd be fine with scrolls for transmog, cosmetics, mounts maybe, but eofs are BS anyway. I stand by it. Bunch of alts get gear and just suck ingame for months after this.
    I agree with this

4. But who mentioned EOFs anywhere? "economically thoughtful aliens" doesn't mean "filled with EOFs like snowmen"
    Well as it stands, its just a waste of time because not even those drop often enough to warrant participating it at all.

5. It is likely that these events will not see a return next year. We have been doing it for a long time and every single time we get more insults than holiday wishes despite our best intentions and the situation at hand. Even at the finest hour of the holiday events, such as Snowmen and the Cow Level, we were still exposed to a large amount of hostility. Which kind of defeats the entire point of holiday events and holiday cheer, no?

We are extremely grateful for every single player that joins and plays in our community and we are proud of our family and this place that we have together built, but there is a limit to everything. In this case, the events are at the end of the fuse.

The Cow Event has been removed, due to the fact that it was in an unstable location that caused numerous issues. It was a great event but it was riddled with flaws that were simply not fixable. In order to make that event even work, numerous workarounds were necessary which would also cause numerous problems. Some of these problems would also cause the realms to be unstable. Considering all of this, the suggestion has been denied.

6. I mean if you recieve more insults than holiday wishes I believe that may be telling you something....... Honestly I think yeah they should not return. It would save your time and ours. It would free up your time to continue to improve on the server and would save community dissatisfaction. You keep doing what you do best and we can keep playing the most blizz like private server out there!

7. I mean if you recieve more insults than holiday wishes I believe that may be telling you something....... Honestly I think yeah they should not return. It would save your time and ours. It would free up your time to continue to improve on the server and would save community dissatisfaction. You keep doing what you do best and we can keep playing the most blizz like private server out there!
    We always have to consider the idea of the loud minority and the silent majority. Whilst there is few insulting us, there is many simply playing and enjoying it. It is also important to note that the "insults" are not what you see. We usually delete them, before the community even has to read them. So please do not think that we consider valid criticism as insults. It is most likely due to the expectations, we change the events every year and put something fresh in it. That also changes the rewards.

If using a real life example, it would be similar to being angry because you received a PS4 last year for Christmas and this year you received a nice book. It is a gift nonetheless, which is the notion that escapes many. But this year, it is not a book. Moreso a very decent handheld console.

We have a lot of scheduled events with amazing rewards, hosted by our staff which started just a few hours ago. Make sure to check those out as well!

8. So i am not alone here as i see, but the event designed this year for christmas EOF is not worth both time and effort.
    there are people who got 1 EOF per hour which sounds more like a joke. Even 5 EOF per hour in event is a joke. Sorry i don't mean disrespect to the staff for event But this either needs to be tuned properly or fixed.
    i agree tho.

9. Reading this I just need to say: Thanks for putting in the effort to make something unique and fun. I truly enjoy playing through the limited time quest chains and especially enjoy fighting the custom bosses (the actually bosses) and progressing on them with other players. That being said I feel the EoF grind as a reward was/is somewhat of a mistake; as a collector I LOVE the fact that you give out rare cosmetics to people who participate, but EoFs not so much.

Rewarding in-game currency of any type to players for custom challenges (even though it's a gift) really emphasizes the wealth-gap between very geared players and the rest. Any attempt to make it more challenging to reduce the total amount of currency given out mostly takes away from the little guys because the very geared players won't have a problem farming either way. I think most people are upset about the way the events have been handled because they feel like they're not benefiting as much as they thought they would, either because they're spoiled, or because they felt they were cheated because they weren't at the right level to farm efficiently during previous events. Rewarding non-currency benefits give players a reason to participate other than just enjoyment and doesn't mess up the economy too much. Depending what you reward instead might make the events targeted towards a more niche community but it would be generally better received by people that actually care.

TL;DR: I think custom events are fantastic and please keep doing them, but maybe Emblems/currency as grinding-based rewards should be removed completely not just reduced.
    Edited: December 23, 2018

10. We always have to consider the idea of the loud minority and the silent majority.
    With absolute no intend of disrespect, mate, a silent majority is not a majority whose opinions you can possibly known due to the nature of it being silent. The many that are enjoying the events are the ones who have found a way to abuse them such as multiboxers or entire guilds who move from location to location with pre-set timers. If I compare what I have seen 2 years ago in trade chat in terms of: "invite to group for event" and today, I have to say the numbers are excruciatingly lower than then and than they could be. The Cow event was a mess on its own, so I am not saying that it itself needs to be returned especially after it got nerfed to just a 5 man dungeon. Though that doesn't go to say that an event cannot be rewarding althewhile being balanced and unexploitable.

You could, and I dare say rather, easily simply make something along the lines of heroic dungeons being the new announced zones and have every boss in the dungeon drop 1 EoF rather than an EoT. People lower than 5K+ aren't invited to the event groups anyways because of the necessity to PVP to secure a zone, which some find as nerve-wrecking as the entire running around for a potential emblem. With dungeons, you get locked for a day FROM that dungeon, so you can't spam it and if you want to go to the new zone, that means another dungeon lock. There is no dungeon that doesn't lock the person after the first boss is killed, so the idea is quite literally foolproof. Non-spammable; alts get geared and everybody gets a fair shot, or at least as fair of a shot as one can.

New Dungeon is announced every 4-6 hours with final boss having a small %chance at a decent piece of reward... Actual holiday season.

The reason you get negative feedback now is because while there are people who get to enjoy the event and etc., because these people do and the fact that raid groups are limited to 40, some people will inevitably end up wasting time to go to a place and find out their effort had been in vain. This brings people to grieving, tagging a mob before the entire group and demanding for an invite and overall spreads unnecessary toxicity. The reason people want cows or something off the sort was because it was a closed environment which others couldn't interfere with, apart of a multiboxer at the entrance, but event that wasn't that much of a problem.

Your intentions are good but the execution is poor and not mindful of the abundance of people who won't just be satisfied just killing 5-6 waves of aliens to get some extra frosts but who'd want to abuse that to gear up to the teeth / inflate the server with primordials. The dungeon scenario is literally unabusable. Take what you will from my comment or nothing at all. I am just giving advice / feedback as one should, for we are also grateful for the product you have been supplying and truly wouldn't speak so loudly against perceived as poor decisions if we didn't care about the state of the game and the community as a whole.

Regardless, happy holidays to the warmane staff as well!

11. That's actually a pretty good solution, but I would be concerned about adjusting working content for the sake of the event and potentially causing bugs by accident. I think if they avoided changing current content but still tried to implement this solution they would just end up with a small-group replica of the currently available custom raid boss with a special NPC to teleport you to an unused portion of the dungeon (not that i'm against that, but other people might find it redundant).