1. Power leveling

First I want to say that I only noticed this on Outland, so I'm not sure if the other realms have the same issue.
    So I logged in after a few months to level my paladin and I figure since I already have 2 70s I should try to power level it through dungeons.
    If you don't know the best power leveling method is going with both your alt and main in a dungeon in a group, go grab 10 mobs with your main (don't attack them), leave group with your alt, tag them all with some sort of AOE and then kill them with your main. This is supposed to reward you with the full exp of all the mobs.
    So I log in, go on my alt, go with my 70 hunter with him in a dungeon and start doing this. First I want to say that the only reason I leveled a hunter to 70 was to do exactly this (mind you this was on Medivh so it took quite some time). And I notice that I get really low exp.
    I say ok, since these were characters from Medivh I figured it's some sort of bug where I got stuck with the 1xp rate on my alt and I try to contact a GM. After about 1-2 hours of trying to figure out what was going on, I get a /w from someone saying they nerfed this and I'm totally bamboozled.
    1. This was the way it was supposed to be in WoW this happened in the official as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqoXOQHh1wY
    2. I could understand if they would "nerf" this (although it's not a nerf it's completely useless now), but if they want to have people level up ONLY the normal way why is multiboxing still a thing? Multiboxing is basically leveling 5 players at the same time so it's much more an issue than leveling 1 character say 2-3x faster. Plus, with power leveling I actually have to control both of my characters and you die a lot of the times with this method so it actually takes a lot of practice to do it right. With multiboxing it's basically you and 4 bots that you give commands.

My suggestion would be: either remove both of these methods of leveling up faster/with more characters or leave them both as they were intended

2. Enjoy your ban, byebye.
    Power leveling is not allowed here so yeh, if it's "nerfed" it's not by mistake, it's by design.

3. This is the only thing in the codes of conduit:

Powerleveling (to bring a low level char to a high level zone to rush its leveling).

It is not the same thing as I'm saying so please don't talk if you don't have anything useful to say

Edit: if there is any logical/good reason that power leveling is indeed "nerfed" by design I'm just curious of the reasoning behind this. As I've stated above, it is almost the same as multiboxing (but weaker), plus, power leveling was a courtesy in WoW official for people who already leveled up to 70 and it was completely legit.
    Edited: November 24, 2018

4. As far as I know, it no longer works on retail too. And I don't think it was ever an intended way of leveling. It has always looked like an exploit to me. There are still 2 characters in the dungeon. Why should it give you more experience just because you leave the group?

5. It no longer works on retail due to how the experience is now divided, personal loot and A LOT of other things that have changed throughout the years.
    We are supposed to be talking about how it was during TBC, not how it is now. Since this is a TBC server it should give the actual TBC experience. The rule for experience in TBC was: you hit the mob first, you get the whole experience and loot. End of story.
    And as I've stated, it would be no problem if this was an actual design and warmane staff decided to make people level up the normal way, but if this is so, then why is multiboxing still an option?
    Would love for a staff member to actually clarify this since there is no mention of this in any of the changelogs and the bug I put on bugtracking regarding this was dismissed.