1. About Population loss and the haters.

Hey fellow Warmane Community!

I wonder to see the tons of haters around here and its kinda sad. Ye i get it u dont like the coin shop cuz BC is about grind and effort to get everything. But guys did you realize time have changed?! We are not kids who have time to just grind after high school. We should enjoy what Outland offer cuz there werent any good TBC server out there before Outland Launch. Population is a huge factor from the view of TBC or any private server.

Warmane staff has given the opportunity to feel the magic once more. I was chilled like back then to hear the song of Eversong and still feel the same wonder even with the warglaive rogs. I just wanna thank the staff for everything they have given to us. We non-haters should stick together and ignore those hater ppl. Btw these haters will play still here but going to demoralize the society at tradechat and here at the forum. There are some servers where you cant buy glaives. Ppl i beg u go there and stop complain. You guys ruin your own server :). I'm not happy with warglaives but I understand the staff needs the money. Damn they gave us something priceless, they deserve even more :).

Btw its end content ofc Pop has dropped + TBC still needs effort and the items are more expensive. It makes less work to play on Icecrown. And still Outland has more active 3s-5s then Icecrown with 12k player. Well im sure Outland has better society and less toxic peeps around. Ive found lot of friendly helpfull and skilled people. Ive played Icecrown too and ppl it wasnt better. Ye there are more players but quality is always over quantity :). I dont blame Icecrown society so guys sorry no offense but its true.

Lets give me those answers and try to humiliate me for having this opinion. I dont care :).

2. I for one have nothing against a coin shop per se but I'm against a completly unrestricted shop.
    S3 and s4 shoulders and blade of azzinoth shouldn't be in the store. Already enough money is earned w/o these items.
    Having these items in the store just kills the incentive to reach a high arena rating and leaves no prestige items whatsoever.

Nevertheless I don't think that many ppl leave the realm because of the coin store.
    I think its much rather the monotonous and boring grinding in TBC that makes ppl leave.
    Farming honor takes far too long and all these reputation grinds as well.
    I think many ppl don't wanna bother with this anymore in 2018.

What I'm realy hyped for is cross realm on Wotlk and I feel like we would need something similiar for Outland which breathes new life into TBC.
    It would be realy cool to have a Blackrock like TBC realm for the ppl that don't like the grinding aspect of Outland and then have cross realm arena with such a realm.
    Even cross realm pve for raiding, etc, could be a option...
    Edited: November 25, 2018

3. Yes we need something what gives us fresh air. Tbh im playin with my wife and she plays only TBC. (She is TBCaholic). I would try wotlk but she isnt. I think a fresh level 70 instant server would give us something. But only if u cant buy merciless for nothing :). Do you guys remember "Warsong" damn it was the best and most fun thing ever :).

4. I agree with almost everything Jakkre said. Is the BG grind taking so long because of low pop or do you mean the TBC mechanics make honor grinding take too long?

I do, however, believe that people leave due to glaives, s3/4 shoulders etc. Especially if BIS melee weapons hit the store before BIS caster pvp gear does. Huge disadvantage to go against ilvl151 weps without full s4 resil on a clothie.

5. I know of at least one guild that disbanded because of glaives on the shop. Just saying, that **** came way too early.

6. Most of the pop that abandoned did pvp because honor grinding is so cancerous.
    Maybe honor x2 in the weekends could partially resolve this situation.

7. I agree with almost everything Jakkre said. Is the BG grind taking so long because of low pop or do you mean the TBC mechanics make honor grinding take too long?
    The pop is high enough for BGs. The issue is more the faction imbalance which makes horde wait too long for a BG to pop up but from what I have heard it got better now since free faction change to alliance is available.

What I ment though is the general design of TBC which makes the honor grind far too long and monotonous. U just don't get enough honor for a BG and because spamming AV 24/7 is the fastest way to earn honor the grind is also monotonous as fu**.

Imagine u start here on Outland and ur goal is to just have some fun in PvP on TBC.
    First u need to level up which already takes like 24 hours of playtime.
    Then u have a green geared level 70 and the endless honor grind can begin.
    The next +80 hours are only spend with honor grinding and that mostly in AV. Since u are in sucky gear during that time u mostly gonna be a free kill which barely makes pvp enjoyable.
    After all u have to invest over 100 hours of ur life time to just have a pvp starter gear. If u play like 3 hours per day, which is a lot when u consider that its only spend with the same monotonous grinding over and over again, then this gonna take already over a month.
    Ofc most ppl quit during that time...

Thats the reason why I think that a Blackrock like TBC realm would be nice for the ppl that don't wanna bother with this endless grinding.
    When it has cross realm BG and arena with Outland then it wouldn't even matter how high the pop is on such a realm.
    Edited: November 26, 2018

8. I think it would be nice to have 1,5x honor rates all time + the instant TBC PvP realm. Lot of people would come i think. You guys damn right. I have a family and i play with my wife but we cant afford to play a lot. (1,5hrs-2hr) Its soo damn slow to grind out the gear. We dont want to go WOTLK so we climb slowly.

BTW to make Alliance more popular maybe it would be nice to give them rep rates or something. Nothing game breaking only a bit. It would be also nice to watch a PvP tournament like back then :).

9. It's also worth saying that releasing Illidan gear on the shop has killed every feeder guild for NA raid guilds. I'm sure it's done similar damage to EU raiders. They see people buying better gear than they are able to reliably get, so the players lose motivation and the guilds disband or go to Sunwell. Sunwell is difficult and takes up all the progression time in a week, so there's no time for farm content. Then when you need recruits the only thing you get is people with kara gear but you can't take them to BT because there's no time in the raid week.

Maybe this formula worked on Icecrown, but TBC is very different than Wrath where you can just carry people through normal mode ICC to get them fully geared for heroics. There is no option to carry people through sunwell farm bosses because they are all still difficult enough that you need your core. And the gear that drops wouldn't be enough anyway, because Sunwell is just a filler raid with only 4 farm bosses, and and they don't drop many essential items.

There are literally zero NA guilds raiding BT or hyjal. When I recently asked one of those guilds why they disbanded, they point blank told me the cash shop made them lose motivation. Lack of capable recruits for PvE guilds will kill this server faster than any other factor imo. And this is happening because of the cash shop.
    Edited: November 26, 2018

10. And this is happening because of the cash shop.
    100%. I quit as soon as Glaives came out. I mean I understand releasing the items on the store. I signed up for this when the server was announced but the way the gear was released and the timing have been completely messed up. I had the same issues when Hyjal gear released. It released super early and you saw so many warriors with cat's edge it was insane. I hated so many things about the release schedule on Warmane.

My guild disbanded but we were 4/6 Sunwell and have been around for ages. Many people didn't directly care about the shop but it affected everyone. No one wanted to do Hyjal even though we did hyjal almost up until sunwell release. BT was stopped immedietly when sunwell came out with the release of the gear and any new recruits we had basically had to be t6 geared or willing to purchase the BT gear. It was unsustainable and ultimately caused the demise. Not only that but people dropped off hard after s3 shoulders and warglaives were released. Many people were fine with releasing old content gear for purchase but warglaives are BIS. You should not release undeniable BIS items before many many guilds have cleared the content.

Shoot t5 TK trash drops still arent on the store but we have warglaives. So many things warmane did made no sense.

One major issue too with warmane releasing content is that it was done not for the health of the server but rather for optimal money generation. Most people agreed hyjal (t6) was released early (with bt being far away) was in order to sell t5 gear on the store. Shoot most of the guilds hadn't even come close to beating Kaelthas and I guarantee you most guilds would still struggle on KT to this day.

Rush rush rush. There is only one time you can put up gear for sale on a server and the timing was all off.

Oh and don't get me started on how pvp and arena seasons were screwed up by the store timing. All of this caused so many issues that many people simply quit and moved on.

I am moving on as well. I hope the best for those of you who stay. I do think the server is scripted fairly well and the devs have been good with handling that (I tested BT, ZA, and Sunwell on the ptr). Pencilz was awesome and the amount of work they did was unparalleled. There are some gripes to be made but in reality it wasn't too bad.

If only the timing on the shop was better. I don't see the raiding scene or pvp scene lasting much longer. RIP. Especially for NA players.
    Edited: November 27, 2018

11. I guess around 50% of the small amount of guilds quit when Glaives showed up in the cash shop. Can't deny it had a huge influence on the lifespan of this server.

12. alot of BS in this thread but theirs some truth as well
    i find it funny some of you guys are crying that the honor grind in TBC is to hard... lol sounds like your crying because you want shiny new s2 gear...
    guess what?just play the game play bgs to win not to afk for a fast loss really try and enjoy playing bgs and the grind will not seem like a grind anymore. i have not needed honor in months yet i still q bgs every night... and speaking of bgs q's i spend less then 1 min in q now until about 2-3 am server time, then of course q's slow down a bit.

stop with the glaives in the shop QQ it is what it is and your QQ is not going to fix it. i said many times i do not agree with glaives and s4/swp in the shop but they are so who cares? most of you play wrath and on wrath server they sell shadowmoure and shadowmoure is way more op'ed then glaives and the pvp is way more unbalanced then TBC. i know i know your going troll over that comment but its the truth and yet wrath server for many reasons has 12k pop lol.

why do most people qq and quit TBC like we see many of you threatening to do? its simple TBC is to hard for you nothing more nothing less.guilds quit TBC because they cant handle sunwell so they go play wrath for easy/face rolling crap fests. raiding in the TBC is the hardest is in wow's history along with classic and most cant handle it so they look for something easier.

watch this video its from 3.3.5 player uses a warrior dk and pally all with shadowmoure to show how broken wraths pvp is https://youtu.be/15a5CxAWag4
    really thats what most of you guys play and you know you do! saying guilds left TBC cause of galives is dumb,really why would a pve guild quit over wargilves?recruit players with them to help with progression...guilds quit beacsue they cant handle the how hard tbc pve is.

13. raiding in the TBC is the hardest is in wow's history along with classic and most cant handle it so they look for something easier.
    its surely is the hardest because you fall asleep at most encounters that do autohit only

14. its surely is the hardest because you fall asleep at most encounters that do autohit only
    lol!again raiding in TBC is the hardest in wow's history along with 1 raid from classic = thats why guild leave and play wrath = easy time.

15. lol!again raiding in TBC is the hardest in wow's history along with 1 raid from classic = thats why guild leave and play wrath = easy time.
    i think we can savely say mythic ghuun in the hardest in wows histroy (mechanics wise), apart from that people were just bad back in the days...nowadays wow has much more complex pve encounters but players got used to it

123 Last