1. How to Increase Population?

Hi!

We have a section on our unofficial discord where players can discuss how to increase population for Frostwolf, but I figured the forums might reach a sub-section of players who do not use the forums.

What do you guys think could be done to increase the population of Frostwolf? From my research, Frostwolf is the best scripted server that has all the content out. I know more script would help the PvE population, but its not like you're going to be raiding SoO in better quality elsewhere anyway.

For the PvP population, I suspect one possibility to increase population would be to make a new instant-90 arena realm (like Blackrock) and having it be cross-server with Frostwolf. Sadly I don't think staff can do this at the moment (though would be nice if some staff dropped in here to comment on that possibility!)

What ideas do you guys have though? Maybe something good will be suggested that the Warmane staff can consider!

2. I think putting some work in the legendary quest chain and fixing some gamebraking bugs on encounters would help a lot

3. Pvp scene is scarce because it's terribly unfriendly to new players, so it's basically the same old players doing BG over and over. But since the ones quitting (irl duties, boredom, etc.) are more than the ones returning, the population is decreasing. How to make it a better experience for new players? My two cents:

- Reduce the overall cost of honor gear and for the love of god remove that stupid 7250 honor requirements to buy a 522 weapon, it's unreasonable to exist with this small population and its actual effect is nothing but to extend your uselessness in BG, making both your team and yourself angry for doing 1/10 of the damage/heal of every other player in the BG, it would help a fresh 90 to get in the scene without having to give up in bg's which would also lead them to a ban for it lol. This would not affect full geared players, if anything it also it would encourage people to make alts, literally no reasons not to do it since activity is what the server is missing.

- Increase the weekly conquest cap, or just remove the reset after each season, there is no real seasons advancing, and if you are fresh 90 or just full 522 when the season reset, you are way too limited considering 2,200 conquest per week it will take a total of 10.6 weeks to get full 550, which doesn't mean having advantages, but rather having enough to be competitive since the rest of the server is already at 550 ilvl.
    Having math in the hands: full Prideful gear = 23,320 conquest and 23,320/2200 = 10.6 weeks, more than 2 full months of cancer BGs assuming that you cap every single week, which at the beginning is even more difficult, most fresh 90 just don't stay that long suffering the aids of playing ungeared against Prideful premades.

- Would also be nice to increase conquests gain from BGs, 75 for each win subsequent to the first is definitely too low, given the length of the average BG compared to any 2v2, and it's obviously easier to win a BG while under 550 gear rather than a 2v2 since full prideful players queue at 1.2k mmr for some reason.

4. They really need to step up because most changes that results in more errors and bugs killed several communities so far.

5. Do fixes on things that people are upvoting on bugtracker and finishing some endgame pve content like Garrosh both normal and Heroic then Lei shen and Dark animus from ToT. Those are currently hardly doable(mostly requires higher geared people to clear )or even undoable(Garrosh HC). Also on devlog was spoken that 2nd part of Legendary quest chain will be relased soon and its more then an year from that point. Some1 will say people dont play pve on frostwolf so its not worth fixing but a lot of people would actually liked to play pve if it was doable/progressable becasue right now couple of bosses requires you to outgear content

6. Fix all the bugs, broken npcs, areas, quests, dungeons, raids, gold squish the AH (like its ridiculous how expensive copper bars are) and oh STOP IGNORING EVERYONE ON THERE THAT HAS ISSUES

7. Start a new expansion like WOD , that's the only way to get people. Nothing else would work. We will a massive influx of players, like when they started cata or mop, it's been a while since we have mop and it's not a classic expansion like wotlk or tbc, so you just keep loosing players as time goes. Fixing things is a waste of time, it won't bring new players.

8. well there are lots of ideas for population to be increased :
    1- cross faction language : understand what horde are saying for alliance and vice versa - it make lots of pleasure when a horde is salty and you are alliance and vice versa and you understand what he is saying its even good when your friend in the other faction and you understand him . blizzard close this cross faction stuff cause they have the population to support such decisions .
    2- LFR - DGN - RAIDS cross faction : you can make a group with the other factions even cross factions to join dgns - lfr - pvp premades and etc for more excitement.
    3- release of new content : either by wod - legion - or old dungeons for mogs - or the legenderies cloaks quest - or mythic difficulty soo - or some general quest line script every week with a change log about it .
    4-give weird buffs for players every week : example reputation increased by 50% - then other week honor increased by 50% - then other week battle pet experience increased by 50%- increase of a valor point drop some other week . so people enjoy doing stuff either pve - pvp - or simple grinding .
    5-make a vote fourm : like the gms ask what to script next and make people vote about it example . what we are going to fix next between 3 choices and higher number of votes win that will be done every weekend like saturday and vote closed on sunday and fixses start till the next weekend and soooo on . this make the community and the server stick as one and feel like one big family . hence both sides feel appreciated.
    6-make more quest line events like every month : like that quest line with the santa at the end last year it was epic i assure if something like that appear every month it increase the numbers . with mog items as rewords like leach king change looks and murlock - ....etc loots of appearances can become items .
    7-the vote shop return to give bigger rewords : mounts for example you will make sure people will log in daily to have them . specially the ones are obtainable within the game . and leaving the none obtainable yet with coins , for people to show off with .

those are some ideas of mine and i hope some GM out there may hear to some of them . and i wish the best for this community cause i was part of it for more than 6 years . god bless you all

9. Easy, you restart the server and you get all the players who want to play MoP back again,

But that would require alot of work since it would be different patch.

10. A server that has reached the status of Frostwolf, in any game, usually will not be able to recover and ultimately die, unless the big problems are fixed convincingly and new, attractive updates are added, none of which is in the hands of the players.

Frostwolf may continue to receive a few bug fixes in the future but I doubt any serious effort to revive it will take place.

11. 1- cross faction language : understand what horde are saying for alliance and vice versa - it make lots of pleasure when a horde is salty and you are alliance and vice versa and you understand what he is saying its even good when your friend in the other faction and you understand him . blizzard close this cross faction stuff cause they have the population to support such decisions .
    2- LFR - DGN - RAIDS cross faction : you can make a group with the other factions even cross factions to join dgns - lfr - pvp premades and etc for more excitement. add scenario!

bump!!

12. The "key" has always been remembering that there are a lot of people that don't give a crap about PVP. That is Frostmanes biggest problem, there is almost nothing to do for people that dont PVP. Quests dont work, even basic stuff like tradeskills dont work correctly (IE you cant get recipes from vendors because the quest lines leading to access are broken).
    I realize you can buy them with coins, but other need to realize sometimes its about accomplishing a goal without taking the easiest route. If I may get all Zen on ya, It's about the journey not the destination.

Further because there seems to be zero focus on anything other than PVP and maybe some end game items, there is really nothing for Lite-Players to just log on to have fun. Many dungeons arent accessible or dont work correctly. There is almost zero 70-80 content that works all the way. Because things like glyphs and archeology dont work there is a big facet of character play that is gone.

I play regularly with my kids to kill time, all of my accounts are donor accounts and I have even spent a little towards coins to support the servers. I wont spend anything more till I see something for my style of game play.

I would characterize most of my time on the server as being alone in a zone, looking for quests that complete, avoiding Griefers, and trying to figure out how to do something new that doesnt involve PVP. 90% of the chat centers around trolling the size of someones peen or talking about relative intelligence of PVP people vs other PVP people.

In order to get this server going you have to fill in all the holes in game play that arent endgame PVP (or PVP in general). There is no economy because there is no working profession that gives anything you need. All you really have is a trickle down of high level drops and some basic stuff that usually sits till a new person logs in and manages to make enough gold to try and break into a tradeskill. There are few new people to sell low level items to, there are rarely midrange people that arent just powering through to 90 as quick as possible (in whech case they dont need low level stuff).

Economy relies on supply and demand. We seem to have plenty of supply, just no demand.

13. You got to fix leveling, id bet 90% of the people wanting to try out Mop get turned away by how awefull leveling is.