1. That's called "turning the server PvE."
    Is there a chance for this to happen? Or Icecrown/Lordaeron are planned to be permanently pvp?

I think many people would be interested in having them set on pve.

2. People play on these server as, for the most part, they are stable and fast, there is no PVE option, and as PVP in wow has NEVER been ballanced and pvp servers were basically useless once you have bored, high geared griefers, you just couldn't level anything else or do anything.
    I would of quite happily stayed here, loved WOTLK.

3. People play on these server as, for the most part, they are stable and fast, there is no PVE option, and as PVP in wow has NEVER been ballanced and pvp servers were basically useless once you have bored, high geared griefers, you just couldn't level anything else or do anything.
    I would of quite happily stayed here, loved WOTLK.
    if you avoid the more prone areas, like tanaris, stv, hellfire (my personal favorite) and borean tundra it's doable. yes your probably still going to get killed, but it will be less frequent.

4. Is there a chance for this to happen?
    I won't say no, because things that were taken as set in stone have changed in the past, but I personally don't see any possibility of it happening.

5. Is there a chance for this to happen? Or Icecrown/Lordaeron are planned to be permanently pvp?

I think many people would be interested in having them set on pve.
    Make a survery for it and see how it turns out, i think you're in the minority really considering how many PvP dedicated guilds there are that cater to world pvp.

6. New 3.X.X PVE realm opens > Population splits between Icecrown and the new one -> Icecrown is no longer at 12K players permanently -> People thoughts : dead server > Population decreases > Less money for Warmane
    When TBC and WOTLK were live the pvp servers were packed wile pretty much all the pve servers were low pop with 2 or 3 med pop. I believe it would draw some people from each server but not enough to hurt icecrown to bad. Outlands and Lordaeron are small enough to possibly hurt for a bit. Warmane would miss out on que skipping money until the ream filled again. We would still have plenty of ganker threads if this is anything like the Blizzard pop and we would add lots of "Why no TBC and Panda pve servers?" threads to the forum though.

7. I would never play on a pve server, the whole point of wow for me since vanilla has always been killing the enemy faction, world included. Not being able to attack someone in the world would completely ruin the immersion of the game.

If people can't handle world pvp and an actual danger when you step outside a city, they should stick to offline solo games.

Personally I would stop playing here instantly if warmane turns pve, probably with the 80% of the population.

8. When TBC and WOTLK were live the pvp servers were packed wile pretty much all the pve servers were low pop with 2 or 3 med pop. I believe it would draw some people from each server but not enough to hurt icecrown to bad. Outlands and Lordaeron are small enough to possibly hurt for a bit. Warmane would miss out on que skipping money until the ream filled again. We would still have plenty of ganker threads if this is anything like the Blizzard pop and we would add lots of "Why no TBC and Panda pve servers?" threads to the forum though.
    In the best scenario, they don't lose money. In the most likely scenario, they will lose money. In the worst scenario, splitting the population will snowball it to death. No reasons to do that. PvE realm can only split the existing population, it cannot draw new players if it is the only specificity the realm offers compared to the others.

9. In the best scenario, they don't lose money. In the most likely scenario, they will lose money. In the worst scenario, splitting the population will snowball it to death. No reasons to do that. PvE realm can only split the existing population, it cannot draw new players if it is the only specificity the realm offers compared to the others.
    The game already draws new players and adding a server most likely wouldn't change that, there would be people who would leave saying the whole game is ruined, Warmane let them down etc. even though it doesn't actually effect them. It would draw back players who don't like gank servers though I can't say if that number would be more than or less than the number leaving.

10. I won't say no, because things that were taken as set in stone have changed in the past, but I personally don't see any possibility of it happening.
    Ok thanks!

Make a survery for it and see how it turns out, i think you're in the minority really considering how many PvP dedicated guilds there are that cater to world pvp.
    If you consider world-pvp guilds as a factor, I hate to disappoint you but there are way more pve-oriented guilds and activities, compared to it. So I would say quite the opposite.

11. Ok thanks!

If you consider world-pvp guilds as a factor, I hate to disappoint you but there are way more pve-oriented guilds and activities, compared to it. So I would say quite the opposite.
    True but that doesn't mean they will switch to a pve server.

12. When TBC and WOTLK were live the pvp servers were packed wile pretty much all the pve servers were low pop with 2 or 3 med pop. I believe it would draw some people from each server but not enough to hurt icecrown to bad. Outlands and Lordaeron are small enough to possibly hurt for a bit. Warmane would miss out on que skipping money until the ream filled again. We would still have plenty of ganker threads if this is anything like the Blizzard pop and we would add lots of "Why no TBC and Panda pve servers?" threads to the forum though.
    I don't doubt anything that you say, but I don't understand why. I completely understand the demand for pvp in a game. There are so many games out there where I hear the populous clamoring for pvp, like Diablo. pve only can be tiresome in that you absolutely know what a mob is going to do in any situation. If I have decent gear and run this sequence of attacks, he's going to die. He always does. Against a human, the unknowns are infinite. I don't really know what he's got for gear or for enhancements, and most of all, I don't know if he's got mad pvp skills.

I completely understand the draw to that. But I'm not seeing a lot of that here.

What I *am* seeing a lot is ganking. While I was leveling up my first alliance toon, I got killed a lot, and ONLY by level "??" horde. Now that I'm lvl 80, I never ever ever get attacked. Ok, I was killed once, but it was because I had to leave my toon idle on a hill while I went to take a dump. I'm sure someone saw that I was afk and took advantage of the situation. I'll see enemy lvl 80's attack low level characters, but they leave me alone.

Technically, I suppose this is "pvp", but is it really?

13. I don't doubt anything that you say, but I don't understand why.
    The guy I was responding was saying that it might be detrimental to icecrown if a pve server was started and I was saying that I don't think it would draw enough people to be detrimental.

14. True but that doesn't mean they will switch to a pve server.
    I know. Obnoxious was pretty clear about it. I was just replying to the guy who said people doing world pvp activities are the majority, while actually you rarely see guilds and people in global chat and recruitment topics who do this specific activity.

15. I know. Obnoxious was pretty clear about it. I was just replying to the guy who said people doing world pvp activities are the majority, while actually you rarely see guilds and people in global chat and recruitment topics who do this specific activity.
    I never said there's a majority, i said you were in the minority of opinion. Most people who do PVE just does that PVE, they barely do anything else than that, The places for world PvP that are utilizied by world PvPers on the server are never populated by the PVE crowd, Tanaris, STV, etc. So if you disable the option for world PvPers to world PvP you are gonna lose a lot of people. The only people who will lose are just that, the PvPers. Read my entire message before you assume or try to quote me.

Furthermore there is a bout 6 guilds currently on alliance side actively recruiting for just world PvP/Premades/Arenas. I have no clue for horde anymore seeing as i haven't been on there a while.

First 123 Last