1. Why do you play Mage?

So why do you guys play mage? This is a question for everyone, WoTLK, TBC and Pandaria. For veterans and newbies.

Personally I play mage for several reasons. I like that fact that I can teleport all around the world and also take others with me with my portals, I like that I can make food/water for myself and others.
    I play mage because of the AOE madness - as fire I dot up a bunch of mobs with living bomb and then watch them explode. As frost I gather up a bunch of dudes, freeze them and then slowly kill them with blizzard.

I also play it for the different feel of the specs, Fire I'm explosive critting all around, Arcane my mana becomes important to manage I have to managed myself between the maniac caster burning through his resource and the conservative and calculated mage trying to be careful with his resources.
    As Frost I'm more relaxed, nothing really crazy going on slowly whittling down my enemies with some proccs here and there.

And of course, Blink. It's awesome.

2. Playing in WotLK, mage was the first class I rolled with (I generally roll mages in any MMORPG game I play).

From then on, my love for the class ever grew, though it's centered around two major points:
    1) It's CONVENIENT. Portals, food, Blink, you have everything you need in terms of QoL stuff. This has been, so far, what makes mages so lovely in my eyes.

2) It's a high DPS class, meaning that your efforts get rewarded as far as Skada/Recount-thing goes. It's also extremely mobile in boss fights, making forced movements way less annoying. Plus, I love seeing big numbers, and those crits are just the best thing to satiate that lust.

(EDIT: I also like being able to switch Frost when I want to chill in the world map)

3. I play Mage cuz you can survive very long in pvp. You can kite like 7 players at the same time if you have some luck. And the Shatter from Frost Mage is a dream xd I love it. Very easy to do 1v2s or even 1v3s cuz of Polymorph and Deep freeze.

So im a guy that likes to play around with my enemies and run like hell before i Shatter them to death xd

4. Before WOW, I used to play Smite alot. And my favorites were also mages. Maybe it's because of that. I love how it has fire and frost spells, but also arcane. I'm not a fan of melee attacks so anything that is ranged is my cup of tea. Speaking of the spells, I was always fascinated with both fire and frost/ice in real life so that's why I love mages.

5. - Huge mobility, can get out of many bad situations if combined with eng.
    - Fire is the funniest spec, at least until MOP
    - Living bomb is pure extasy in raid fights
    - Good skillcap, feeling very rewarding
    - FIRE and EXPLOSIONS
    - Funniest AoE overall
    - BLASTWAVE is probably the funniest spell to use in world pvp. Nothing is better than throwing an enemy into the abyss.
    - Slowfall
    - INSTANT PYROS

6. jumping everywhere and killing everything

7. It is best for trolling people :"D :"D

8. I highly doubt that mage is the highest skill cap.. What about feral/enha?

9. I play mage, cause mages destroy me in PvP (Frost to be specific) on all my other characters lmao

10. I highly doubt that mage is the highest skill cap.. What about feral/enha?
    Doesn't really matter what a blood elf thinks. Mage has the highest skill cap in this expansion and is the strongest class because of that.

11. imo encha is one of easiest to play

12. all casters are harder to play than all melee because of interrupts + laggy server makes juking nearly impossible esp with scripters about. Clothies in particular tend to get rofl'd in like 2-3 gcds if they get locked out of the most inconvenient school
    Edited: March 12, 2019

13. May 21, 2019  
    all casters are harder to play than all melee because of interrupts + laggy server makes juking nearly impossible esp with scripters about. Clothies in particular tend to get rofl'd in like 2-3 gcds if they get locked out of the most inconvenient school
    Yo but where the hell did you find scripters. I did not see any for couple years. Talking about kick scripts tho

12 Last