1. New variant of Ret

Hey!

I was thinking about what kind of pve gear to get if I want to maximize dmg in pvp. I love huge crits hehe. I read that Auto-Attack, Crusader Strike, and Divine Storm all deal physical damage. If I'm gonna go with full pve gear, wouldn't it be better to get the gear that warriors use with the ARP stats? Or is it better with haste? IF I WANT TO MAXIMIZE BURST.

Thanks in advance for reply!

2. You want raw AP for max burst potential in PvP. ARP is OK if you're killing the target in only a few seconds, but Judgment is your hardest hitting ability still. Better than haste, worse than crit.

3. You want raw AP for max burst potential in PvP. ARP is OK if you're killing the target in only a few seconds, but Judgment is your hardest hitting ability still. Better than haste, worse than crit.
    Thanks for your swift reply!

If so, what pve BiS setup would you recommend for pure burst damage if you wanna reach those high numbers?

Or perhaps if you could refer me to such a guide?

4. Heroic Set except hands
    Gloves: PvP Hands
    Trinkets: Death's Verdict/CHoice HC and DV/DC normal or WFS HC (You can use DBW HC as well there, but tbh it's only useful when strength procs - however when str procs people get annihilated)
    Rings: Ashen Ring + Skeleton Lord or Might of Blight
    Boots: Apocalypse
    Waist: PvP or Coldwraith Links
    Wrist: PvP or Polar Bear Claw Bracers
    Neck: Penumbra Pendant or Ahn'kahar Onyx Neckguard (Depeds if you need hit or not)
    Cloak: Winding Sheet

Something like this would work for a glasscannon.

5. Does anybody know if and how Seal of command, crusader strike and divine storm scale with arp?
    Also does agility increase the crit chance of SoC?

In case u are only using pve gear u should be able to build up a high amount of arp by using some agility items.
    I'm curious how a ret who is using exclusively SoC would perform with Arp gear.
    If we talk about BGs then hitting multiple players with divine storm and SoC should be the highest dmg source, especially with the two t10 set bonus which resets DS cd.
    On the other hand abilitys with a high sp coefficient that don't benefit from arp, such as judgenent or exorcism, deal anyway only moderate dmg when fighting multiple opponents.
    Edited: December 6, 2018

6. The physical damage from CS/DS isn't that great (comparing to physical damage of other classes) and the main damage is coming from seal procs. Which do get nerfed when you're not using SoR. As far as crit chance of SoC goes... I think that Seal of Commanding can't be critical.

I don't think that SoC is worth using, people used to run with it before when it was glitched but now it's just not really worth it comparing to SoR. Especially since SoR does insane amount of damage on a single target (Judgement), and as a glass cannon you want to nuke the person that you're targetting, not do much cleave damage.
    As far as agi items go, I wouldn't be using too many agi items, you can get ARP from most str items anyways, but it shouldn't be the focus of your spec. And your crit chance will be already high because of PvE items. Only agi item that I can think of that is ok to use would be wrist - Toskk's.

7. I don't think that SoC is worth using, people used to run with it before when it was glitched but now it's just not really worth it comparing to SoR. Especially since SoR does insane amount of damage on a single target (Judgement), and as a glass cannon you want to nuke the person that you're targetting, not do much cleave damage.
    I guess it depends on the situation.
    Like i said, in case of BGs ur main dmg source are abilitys that hit multiple opponents.
    If u have t10 two set bonus the highest dmg source gonna be divine storm followed by SoC.

So if ur goal is to top the BG dmg charts and u wanna use exclusively PvE gear then Arp might be worth considering.

8. In addition to what was already said, Seal of Command scales directly with your weapon damage on your character sheet, not the amount you actually melee for. So ARP doesn't really have an effect on it.

9. SoC can crit,isnt directly affected by arp and can be dodged(not sure if it's some weird bug or not about the last one,seen it happen but not that often).With procs and pve gear with str/crit/arp (stats by importance) you can do a divine storm hit 4 people and chunk 15-20k out of each one of them.Or divine storm into an instant auto and do even more.It can top the damage charts much easier than SoR rets.ArP benefits it indirectly because SoC paladins are much more dependant on melee(arp increases aa,dv,cs).It becomes like a cleaving glasscannon warrior.Bad thing is that it depends much more on the glorious rng gods for the crits and being constantly in melee range than SoR.Of course this is strictly speaking for the casual bg pvp where there are plenty of buffs,the average player runs with 0-900 resil,you have shadowmourne(since SoC scales with weapon damage) and is not recommended for serious pvp .1v1 and against ranged it's just no.As for the gear,the one Evangelion suggested is perfect for SoR but for optimal SoC I'd suggest DBW+STS trinkets just to reach that spicy 55-60% arp.(this totally throws survivability out of the window in exchange for big numbers on screen)
    Edited: December 6, 2018

10. In addition to what was already said, Seal of Command scales directly with your weapon damage on your character sheet, not the amount you actually melee for. So ARP doesn't really have an effect on it.
    In this case I assume that the same applies to crusader strike and divine storm.

If nothing but white attacks scale with arp then its a terrible stat for rets.
    Then even haste should be a better secondary stat.

11. In this case I assume that the same applies to crusader strike and divine storm.
    Nope. I don't know why you would assume that.

Then even haste should be a better secondary stat.
    Not for PvP if you are trying to nuke someone.

12. Tested SoC ingame to be sure.
    - It doesn't benefit from agility (its based on holy crit chance)
    - It doesn't benefit from ArP (not even indirectly)
    - It doesn't benefit from SP
    - It does benefit from AP and crit rating.

Dinvine storm and crusader strike deal physical dmg and benefit from ArP like white attacks do.

After all I'd say that full pve gear isn't really worth it for a ret in PvP. U only trade resilience for suboptimal stats such as arp, haste or expertice.
    Other classes benefit much more from that extra arp or haste that a full pve gear combination provides.

When it comes to BGs I'd use SoC, 2/5 t10 and 3/5 pvp set. Then as offparts PvP and PvE pieces depending on how much resilience u wanna have.
    Like that u have nice cleave dmg with divine storm and SoC and still a decent survivability.
    For 1v1 and arena u should obviously use SoR though.

13. After all I'd say that full pve gear isn't really worth it for a ret in PvP.
    If people want to play YOLO for funsies, then they can.

U only trade resilience for suboptimal stats such as arp, haste or expertice.
    Rarely true. Item level difference is a big factor in itself (7+ on most pieces). Also, plenty parts of the PvP set have AP on them instead of Strength, and thus do not scale as well.

Other classes benefit much more from that extra arp or haste that a full pve gear combination provides.
    Of course they do. Not all classes are created equal. But when the person in question wants to donate on their Ret, why does it matter how useful certain stats are to other classes?

When it comes to BGs I'd use SoC, 2/5 t10 and 3/5 pvp set. Then as offparts PvP and PvE pieces depending on how much resilience u wanna have.
    Like that u have nice cleave dmg with divine storm and SoC and still a decent survivability.
    For 1v1 and arena u should obviously use SoR though.
    It's a mistake to stick to one seal exclusively. I'm also sure that Ostlimpa knows full well the benefits of resilience.

14. Its just waisted money to donate for full pve gear as a ret when ur intention is to do just PvP in that gear.
    U'll trade all ur survivability for a bit of extra haste and arp which will barely increase ur dmg in PvP.
    Going full pve makes much more sense if u play a range dps or prot warr in BGs but not as a ret paly.
    Guess the OP should know that before he spends all his money on suboptimal gear.

Rarely true. Item level difference is a big factor in itself (7+ on most pieces). Also, plenty parts of the PvP set have AP on them instead of Strength, and thus do not scale as well.
    For that reason u should use some pve offparts but not exclusively pve gear.
    Edited: December 8, 2018

15. It being a waste is your opinion though. If the OP wants to YOLO with a full set of pve gear, let em. Arguing that point just defeats the purpose of the thread. The topic hinges on that "IF".

Guess the OP should know that before he spends all his money on suboptimal gear.
    I strongly recommend that you read the title of the thread and the OP.

12 Last