1. Name unavailable for more than a week

I've recently deleted one of my characters and wanted to start another with the same name. However, it said the name was unavailable. I've waited couple of hours, days even. Now it has already been more than a week, but still, no luck. Is this normal? I've tried searching the armory, but as I suspected, no character with such a name exists.

2. Same.

Deleted names are stored for weeks for some reasons, can we have this fixed please it's really annoying.

It's a new thing never had this problem before

Saewelo
    Same.

Deleted names are stored for weeks for some reasons, can we have this fixed please it's really annoying.

It's a new thing never had this problem before
    Same. I had a name reserved and wanted to make an alt using that name but i can't. Can confirm this is new, never had the problem before (if it happened, it wouldn't last for this long, maybe a day or two, after that i could've used it).

4. I'm in the same boat, been wanting to make a new character for little under a week but have to wait until the name I want to use becomes available. Starting to get a little pissed off.

5. What level were your characters that you deleted?

6. I think I can shed some light on this situation. Though I'm not sure if it's the cause or a symptom.

After the cross-realm update/maintenance near the end of November, something changed the way Character Restoration worked. If you checked, you will see that all of your recently deleted characters (Especially ones under level 75) are not removed at all and is on hold for restoration (Along with their names). This is not working as intended because "Characters under level 75 are not stored upon deletion and cannot be restored".

With that said, the name you wanted should be available 30 days after your deletion date since "Deleted characters are stored for up to 30 days for restoration". Personally though, I'm hoping this low-priority bug gets fixed.

7. Alright, thank you all for replying, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue.

What level were your characters that you deleted?
    Level 1 for me. I initially used the character just to reserve the name, but decided I would use it on a different class instead.

I think I can shed some light on this situation. Though I'm not sure if it's the cause or a symptom.

After the cross-realm update/maintenance near the end of November, something changed the way Character Restoration worked. If you checked, you will see that all of your recently deleted characters (Especially ones under level 75) are not removed at all and is on hold for restoration (Along with their names). This is not working as intended because "Characters under level 75 are not stored upon deletion and cannot be restored".

With that said, the name you wanted should be available 30 days after your deletion date since "Deleted characters are stored for up to 30 days for restoration". Personally though, I'm hoping this low-priority bug gets fixed.
    This would actually explain a lot. I can confirm the character is in the list. It has been about 14 days for me so far. I guess I will report back once I'm able to create the character again.
    Edited: December 7, 2018