Voters
373. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melee + Caster + Healer

178 47.72%
  • Double DPS + Healer

195 52.28%
  1. Blackrock Stream! Crossrealm and features

Hello there.

We're getting closer and closer to the release of cross-realm between all the Warmane wotlk servers.
    In order for Blackrock to join this system as many of you already know we will change the core.
    That gives us the opportunity look over Blackrocks features and maybe make some changes to the realm.

We will be hosting a livestream 9th december 19.00 server time at https://www.twitch.tv/malaco

For the release
    - Warmane core
    - Solo queue (poll)
    - Transmog scrolls (new)
    - Transmog npc (obtain transmog gear just like we do now).
    - Malls

On the stream i will try to have a few representable players on discord.

We will start with those change when the system is proven stable between Icecrown and Lordaeron. No ETA

Feel free to post constructive feedback and wishes in this topic.
    Edited: December 3, 2018

2. First of all, transmog system is pretty good. It offers opportunity to trade with other players, gain honor, even transfer honor between characters by buying cases from them. What I don't like about it is the mechanics surrounding the arena transmog.

What's the point of having a rating requirement on an item if it can drop to anyone lucky enough from a case? Where is the prestige in having 2450 transmogs when every second 1350 player is running around with them. Arena transmog should serve to motivate players to push their rating beyond 2050. It's pretty inactive above 2200 in soloq and this would help.

Speaking of 2200 rating, my suggestion is to make the heroic weapons and pve shoulders available from soloq, there is no point in queuing 3s, because nobody except for wintraders plays them anymore. And reaching 2200 only to find out you can't buy anything for that rating is a big disappointment.

Another suggestion to make 3s more active is instead of bracket-specific rewards, merge it with solo queue. This would solve the issue of there not being soloq on icecrown. And it would motivate players to make 3s teams to gain an advantage. Just my two cents.

I'm really looking forward to the whole crossrealm thing by the way, keep up the good work!

3. I'm sorry, but why is it fair that you're allowing blackrock players to play against Icecrown and Lordaeron players? A 150 euro weapon on Icecrown which is incredibly hard to obtain and even harder on Lordaeron, will that be available on Blackrock for arena points? Where's the logic in that? I don't want to be negative, and I believe it's a great step into the right direction to go for crossrealm, although I don't understand why it's necessary to merge blackrock with the other realms, considering Blackrock has a fraction of the PvP population compared to that of Icecrown and Lordaeron.

I only spoke about Shadowmourne, but it's the same concept for basic pvpers on Icecrown and Lordaeron. It will just put people off COMPLETELY from competing or doing any pvp in arenas if they haven't already got bis gear to play with, let alone a new player. I really don't understand the logic behind this, on a server where you're given free relentless and you can farm pve offsets which you could be spending months and months and months raiding for on Icecrown or Lord, which you can get within a day on Blackrock. Honestly, I recently starting playing my warrior on Blackrock and got full pve offsets within a day and wrathful helmet with pve offsets. How is this fair???

Please reconsider merging the servers and crossrealm. Btw, this is coming from a high rated arena player on both Blackrock and Icecrown and I have bis on both realms, on multiple characters.

4. First of all, transmog system is pretty good. It offers opportunity to trade with other players, gain honor, even transfer honor between characters by buying cases from them. What I don't like about it is the mechanics surrounding the arena transmog.
    Yes I agree with you.Also I would like to see the old legendary vendor back.However collecting some sets is pain in the buttox since not every arena tmog is obtainable through reaching certain rating threshold.So I'd like to see all arena tmog available to anyone with rating(for example if you are 2,5k priest you can't get brutal sets that are not cloth, which forces you to trade for items for which you have the rating but can't use).It would be nice if some items are arena rating only and are unobtainable through cases as you mentioned.

On the 284 weapons from solo q topic. That's a no brainer. How f*cking hard is it to understand that 3v3 is dead ???? Blackrock is on life support and is borderline pay2win because of 284 weapons which are obtainable through donating only, LOL !!! Considering we will have to fight shadowmourne, I'd say 284 is absolutely mandatory. Right now if you walk around in blackrock you will see gladiators walking around with 264 weapons which is just ridiculous !

5. First of all, transmog system is pretty good. It offers opportunity to trade with other players, gain honor, even transfer honor between characters by buying cases from them. What I don't like about it is the mechanics surrounding the arena transmog.

What's the point of having a rating requirement on an item if it can drop to anyone lucky enough from a case? Where is the prestige in having 2450 transmogs when every second 1350 player is running around with them. Arena transmog should serve to motivate players to push their rating beyond 2050. It's pretty inactive above 2200 in soloq and this would help.

Speaking of 2200 rating, my suggestion is to make the heroic weapons and pve shoulders available from soloq, there is no point in queuing 3s, because nobody except for wintraders plays them anymore. And reaching 2200 only to find out you can't buy anything for that rating is a big disappointment.

Another suggestion to make 3s more active is instead of bracket-specific rewards, merge it with solo queue. This would solve the issue of there not being soloq on icecrown. And it would motivate players to make 3s teams to gain an advantage. Just my two cents.

I'm really looking forward to the whole crossrealm thing by the way, keep up the good work!
    Totally agree with you!

6. I know that there must be donates but cmnom,heroic weapon only obtainable from dead bracket 3s?

7. Solo queue and 3s should/must be merged.
    Otherwise 3s will remain a dead bracket and the whole cross-realm arena would miss its purpose.

8. Solo queue and 3s should/must be merged.
    Otherwise 3s will remain a dead bracket and the whole cross-realm arena would miss its purpose.
    And how you think to "match-up" soloq players against 3s teams that are going for ranks ??
    Also, what about the mmr? If i would be a 3s team and luckly meet a bunch of high mmr soloq players,maybe matched with a **** comp.
    If im not wrong Blackrock or even AT had that kind of issue, with a 3s team that was going for rank1, simply logging at late night and farming soloq (Or even duoq if im not wrong) teams.

Could be a good thing to make such "soloq + 3s" till maybe 2k or 2.2k rating, in order to promote the activity, but then there must be a point (mmr or rating) where the 3s teams do not match up against soloq

I'm not sayng it's a bad option, but needs to be fixed in order to avoid such situation in my opinion
    Edited: December 4, 2018

9. it is necessary to do that, the teams with a 1850 rating in 3vs3 would start to play with solo teams and players from other realms, this will get rid of night wintraders
    At winetraders big problems will start because of active players in other realms

10. Yeah ive gotten some suggestion regarding how to improve solo queue.
    Some ideas that could be a reality is

- Match Duo with real 3s teams up to 2000 rating ( as mentioned above )
    - Don't match up players that have been in a losing game together for a few games

Maybe MMR isnt that bad of an idea if we start from 0 rating.

11. Yeah ive gotten some suggestion regarding how to improve solo queue.
    Some ideas that could be a reality is

- Don't match up players that have been in a losing game together for a few games

Maybe MMR isnt that bad of an idea if we start from 0 rating.
    Personally i would suggest to rework the mmr system, in order to make the "good players" getting higher mmr faster, so people who are learning and aiming to gear up , wont find the issue of keep meeting people that are playng for ranks that easy.

12. Personally i would suggest to rework the mmr system, in order to make the "good players" getting higher mmr faster, so people who are learning and aiming to gear up , wont find the issue of keep meeting people that are playng for ranks that easy.
    Any concrete change that you can think of?

13. I believe Auren had the right idea. Suppose we want to merge 3s and soloq to make 3s more active while still allowing people to play for rank in both of those brackets separately.
    How about we match soloq teams and 3s teams together until, say 2200 rating. If heroic weapons were purchasable for 2200, that's precisely the point where you stop playing for gear and start playing for rank. From 2200 beyond, we would stop matching soloq with 3s and make it separate again.

I don't think matching duos with 3s would help on its own. Both 3s and duos are pretty much dead. Zero people playing duos plus zero people playing 3s still equals zero. We need to match regular soloq with 3s.

14. What if solo queue would be reworked? Instead of putting randoms together in a arena fight it could work as a searching tool to find ppl for 3s.
    It would match double DPS and Healer together in a party and the players could then decide if their setup fits or if they abandon the grp and search again.
    After the arena game the party would remain. If a player decides to leave the other two can reqeue to recruit a third player.
    Maybe the dungeon finder could be reworked to work as such a recuitment tool?

123 ... Last