View Poll Results: Solo queue format

Voters
373. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melee + Caster + Healer

178 47.72%
  • Double DPS + Healer

195 52.28%
  1. Honestly you just stated just too many things that I strictly disagree with. It doesn't matter how high is your rating the highest one is simply rank 1 no matter if you have 3000 or 1800 rating. Only thing that can be measured is number of active teams you played at your pool with. Statement 'lets make 3k teams again' just doesn't make sense at all. It doesn't matter which exact value of rating has team rank 1 on other server if they play with completely different pool of players. Once you leave other teams behind by like 100+ rating you just slowly grind by +3. At this point it doesnt matter if you get over 3000 if you already left them so drastically. Most top teams still just decimate lowrate teams and build their win/loss ratio while they get their +2 each game.

you don't get it , it's not about numbers , it's about seperating players who fighting for those numbers/titles and players who are just trying to get 1850 to buy or some wrathfull pieces , top players shouldnt be fighting at such lower rating , increasing the rating gap between them will force top teams to fight each other except if they sit in que for 10 mins this will prevent having other dodgerino glads/rivals and will be more faire to new / average players and encourage them to stay in the server and play more if they see that they are at least able to advance a bit and get some gear

2. Malaco is it possible change the gear system? I mean right now it's a pain starting on Blackrock because all are bis 284+. Can we get WF gear for free (no shoulders) and farming for pve stuffs? Also with crossrealm there will be more 284+ people+shadowmourne from Icecrown realm

3. you don't get it , it's not about numbers , it's about seperating players who fighting for those numbers/titles and players who are just trying to get 1850 to buy or some wrathfull pieces , top players shouldnt be fighting at such lower rating , increasing the rating gap between them will force top teams to fight each other except if they sit in que for 10 mins this will prevent having other dodgerino glads/rivals and will be more faire to new / average players and encourage them to stay in the server and play more if they see that they are at least able to advance a bit and get some gear
    Well, you aren't really separating anything by inflating the numbers. If you inflate the rating so that the top players are now at 3k, the average inevitably increases as well. You will fight with the same players against the same players as before, in the same percentile, albeit with a bigger number next to your arena team.
    So, to clear the misunderstanding, I assume you either want to decrease the mmr gap in matchmaking or decrease the rating requirement for gear both of which could be implemented without doing any magical hocus pocus with the rating itself.

As for decreasing the rating requirements, I think they are fine the way they are now. With the exception of pve shoulders/277+ weapons. You get your final piece at 2050 (although 2200 would be also fine) and you are certainly not fighting the top players at that point, yet.
    The matchmaking range is debatable. The problem is the bracket is not always active and you either need to accept being matched with better/worse players, or to not find a match at all.

Edit: One issue worth debating as far as the rating goes is how steep is the normal distribution curve. If it is too steep for example, 90% of players will be stuck in the average range even though there might be relatively big differences between them. This results in a bad experience for most of the players.

Honestly, I have no idea how is the situation on Blackrock right now compared to Icecrown for example, I'd need to see some statistics for that.
    From my personal experience, it's fine. I am stuck around 1500 with classes I don't understand, have no problem reaching 1.8k when I know what I am doing and have no problem reaching 2.2k+ with classes I play well.
    Edited: December 4, 2018

4. you don't get it , it's not about numbers , it's about seperating players who fighting for those numbers/titles and players who are just trying to get 1850 to buy or some wrathfull pieces , top players shouldnt be fighting at such lower rating , increasing the rating gap between them will force top teams to fight each other except if they sit in que for 10 mins this will prevent having other dodgerino glads/rivals and will be more faire to new / average players and encourage them to stay in the server and play more if they see that they are at least able to advance a bit and get some gear
    I don't even get what are you talking about now. "Top players" are already playing above 2200 rating and don't meet starters at all. And if you mean this as some sort of mechanism "if they sit in que for 10 mins this will prevent having other dodgerino glads/rivals and will be more faire to new / average players"
    This is just random bull**** that doesn't even make sense. I considered this debate to be serious but you appear to be master troll.

5. It would be nice to have a crossrealm PVP Zone. Having a teleporter NPC on Icecrown and Lordaeron that takes the player to a crossrealm PVP Zone (like Isle for example) in a group of 3 players max would stimulate pvp learning on these realms and it would bring Blackrock's PVP Zone back to life.

6. I don't even get what are you talking about now. "Top players" are already playing above 2200 rating and don't meet starters at all. And if you mean this as some sort of mechanism "if they sit in que for 10 mins this will prevent having other dodgerino glads/rivals and will be more faire to new / average players"
    This is just random bull**** that doesn't even make sense. I considered this debate to be serious but you appear to be master troll.
    i would have tried explaining to your tiny brain if you didnt start trashtalking

listen i dont even know who you are yet i find you too agressive idk why and idc but plz keep your rage problems to yourself because weather you like it or not i have the right to give my opinion on this thread as well maybe you didnt get what i was saying because you were busy farming +2 dunno and it doesnt matter , i joined arena tournament in 2010 and i've been playing there since and i am nowadays pretty actif in blackrock so maybe you dont know as much as i do cuz if you played just few games you would have understood what i was trying to say

edit : i wont reply to more bull**** coming from you... you wasted enough of my time already
    Edited: December 5, 2018

7. Would it be possible to have patch 3.3.5b for the main core?

8. Would it be possible to have patch 3.3.5b for the main core?
    I'm afraid that this patch would affect pve on the other wotlk realms too much.

Maybe with cross realm it would be possible to have 3.3.5b on a seperated realm that is only used for BGs and Arena while the main realms of Lordaeron and Icecrown run on 3.3.5a.
    But no idea if thats technically possible.

9. i would have tried explaining to your tiny brain if you didnt start trashtalking

listen i dont even know who you are yet i find you too agressive idk why and idc but plz keep your rage problems to yourself because weather you like it or not i have the right to give my opinion on this thread as well maybe you didnt get what i was saying because you were busy farming +2 dunno and it doesnt matter , i joined arena tournament in 2010 and i've been playing there since and i am nowadays pretty actif in blackrock so maybe you dont know as much as i do cuz if you played just few games you would have understood what i was trying to say

edit : i wont reply to more bull**** coming from you... you wasted enough of my time already
    My reaction makes sense and I think it is agressive enough to reflect my disappointment towards your logic. Everybody here comes and tries their best to explain current situation from their perspective and gives an idea how it could be improved. You came and stated random stuff that didn't make sense at all. You didn't even provide any proper explanation and made conclusion that wouldn't even solve your already non-existant problem.

Current problem of the server is obviously dead 3v3 bracket, dead duoque bracket and long waiting times for soloque. First of all your solution wouldn't even work logically/technically as you described it and even if it somehow magically did create that final effect the focus should be shortening of waiting time not extending it...

"maybe you dont know as much as i do" - you obviously don't even realise how comically this sounds after everything you showed us there.

10. I'm afraid that this patch would affect pve on the other wotlk realms too much.

Maybe with cross realm it would be possible to have 3.3.5b on a seperated realm that is only used for BGs and Arena while the main realms of Lordaeron and Icecrown run on 3.3.5a.
    But no idea if thats technically possible.
    To be honest, no just no.

People from Lordaeron and Icecrown are joining a 3.3.5a wrath of the lich king experience, PvE and PvP aspects of it.

If Blackrock aka AT worked on a more "balanced" version of Wrath of the lich king, doesnt means if should be used, even if only in PvP, that would completly turn off the concept that Warmane staff pointed out about be "blizzlike" and not doing any change to the game&meta, keep also in mind that Icecrown is the leading realm, not Blackrock and 3.3.5b. Keep also in mind that this crossrealm is to increase the overall activity in terms of PvP on whole 3 server BUT is also needed in order to save Blackrock population, more then Icecrown and maybe even more then Lordaeron

Same thing goes about the "nerf shadowmourne proc in arena" topic above, people payed (ops, donated for coins) majority of times in order to obtain a weapon that is legendary, the word itself means his power in this game; i personally think that would be kinda unfair to the tons of people who donated or hardcore farmed it for an advantage; would be just better to allow it on Blackrock also, but there would be needed a completly vendor/system reworks then, as keep in mind that Blackrock player have the possibility to obtain BiS pve gear in aprox 1-2 days, while on the PvE realms unless you donate or u're extremely lucky, wont happen even in 1 week;avoiding a big income for Warmane in terms of coins spent (Why i should waste any coin on Icecrown, if i can get 1.800 rate in 2s, and get all the BiS PvE items that my class needs for 0 coins, so i can use coins just for the shadowmourne?).
    (inb4 people talks about i'm a Shadowmourne user, yes i am, and right now im mainly using cloth classes in arena/bgs)
    at the moment blackrock players get for free, in a matter of minutes:
    - level 80, mount, any consumable, s7 and ToC gear and the (ofc) possibilty to farm all BiS gear and professions just by doing arena and bg, avoiding or simply missing the time needed to the same amount of gear for any player on Icecrown or even more on Lordaeron.
    There are always two sides of the same coin.

Just my opinion of course

OT:

- Transmog scrolls (new)
    How are your toughts about this Malaco? I suppose as there will be a crossrealm, the method to obtain them should be the same for everyone (Scrolls drops in arena also and his % increased by the rating maybe) or will become just as on Icecrown/Lordaeron with only dropped scrolls from BGs and, in case of the 2 pve realms, from Raids?

11. I don't know you may be right. I thought the main reason about this cross realm thing was to increase PvP activity across realm -this patch would actually balance it, though.

I don't know how they are going to handle the huge difference in gear across players (i.e., shadowmourne) but in the case where they just allow us to play with players across realm without adding content to the "core" such as a balancing patch or w/e, then why not just close all wotlk realm but Icecrown and merge all chars on it.

If the main reason is actually to increase PvP activity w/o adding much modifications to the core, isn't it a waste of resources to implement such a complex feature (crossrealm) where you could put more resource to increase a particular server in terms of volume ?

Sorry for my bad english.

12. I don't know you may be right. I thought the main reason about this cross realm thing was to increase PvP activity across realm -this patch would actually balance it, though.

I don't know how they are going to handle the huge difference in gear across players (i.e., shadowmourne) but in the case where they just allow us to play with players across realm without adding content to the "core" such as a balancing patch or w/e, then why not just close all wotlk realm but Icecrown and merge all chars on it.

If the main reason is actually to increase PvP activity w/o adding much modifications to the core, isn't it a waste of resources to implement such a complex feature (crossrealm) where you could put more resource to increase a particular server in terms of volume ?

Sorry for my bad english.
    personally i dont see it in that way, let me try to give my opinion (that still opinion, as this topic is interesting )

. I thought the main reason about this cross realm thing was to increase PvP activity across realm -this patch would actually balance it, though
    yes it is, altho for example, at the moment Blackrock online population is 312 , while Icecrown is 9872 and Lordaeron 2636 (following site) , it shows you clearly that Blackrock population is not active, for example yesterday i wanted to play soloq in this season as dps, ended up sitting in que 10 mins and give up (starter mmr, 22:00 GMT +1 time)

I don't know how they are going to handle the huge difference in gear across players (i.e., shadowmourne)
    Thats a good point, but…Do we really see the huge difference in gear across player against Blackrock? I feel way more sad for the Lordaeron players.
    As i stated above, Blackrock is (atm) having access to BiS gear in like 1-2 days, a way superior starter gear completly free, thing that Lordaeron and Icecrown wont have (Honor for s6 gear and needs to raid in order to get decent weapons,offsets and so on). Also except for the “donation” part of the mighty Shadowmourne or any other BiS item, Blackrock player would be able to do the same thing as they like to “obtain them” just by doing arena, while anyone from the other two server would be supposed to play time over time in order to obtain the gear he needs by PvE, meaning joining a guild and getting his gear enough good to get into a LK25hc, and after that hope to get the items he needs.
    Is not my intention to not allow Shadowmourne on Blackrock, excuse me if i’ve explained myself wrong, altho my point is that there must be worked a system that doesnt allow an overflood of BiS people (Except smourne) players, against Icecrown (Lower geared if we remove Shadowmourne from the line) or even Lordaeron (way undergeared), just by two days of arena farm. Icecrown might have more LK weaopons at the start, but in the same way Blackrock will have everyone with BiS offsets, and a higher starter gear level.When Blackrock players will que BGs they will have already enough gear to be competitive in BG , and after a while even in Arena, while from Icecrown/Lord in bg there will still be poorly undergeared players (Your mistake to q? yes but doesnt matter) If you add also the fact that i suppose they will keep the LK weapons as 2.2 in 3s, will be just a matter of time before the amount of players from Blackrock with it will be equal to Icecrown (Who farms them by PvE, who farms them by PvP) Icecrown shop and overall pve activity is way too old to expect to not have an unbalanced situation for the first times. The rival server that i wont name ofc, is similar to the system we probably gonna have, doesnt seems like any unbalance against the i80 realm, actually is in favor of it.

why not just close all wotlk realm but Icecrown and merge all chars on it.
    Because not everyone wants to level up a char, gearing it via PvE and so on, thats why on Blackrock you get s7/toc gear just by 1 click
    If the main reason is actually to increase PvP activity w/o adding much modifications to the core, isn't it a waste of resources to implement such a complex feature (crossrealm) where you could put more resource to increase a particular server in terms of volume ? .
    Same answer as above, also consider that as soon as they would release the crossrealm between all 3 realms, there will be probaly an huge comeback from many old players.

13. To be honest, no just no.
    Just my opinion of course
    Yes, it is YOUR opinion. There are probably also many ppl on Icecrown that disagree and would like to have Smourne nerfed in arena and patch 3.3.5b for arena/bgs.
    Personally I have a rather neutral standpoint towards 3.3.5b. I just wanted to point out that cross realm might make it technically possible to have 3.3.5b on a arena/bg realm and 3.3.5a on the main/pve realm.

14. Yes, it is YOUR opinion. .
    Same as yours.
    There are probably many ppl on Icecrown that disagree and would like to have Smourne nerfed in arena
    In the same way that there are many ppl on icecrown that agree and wouldnt like to have Smourne nerfed in arena.

Personally I have a rather neutral standpoint towards 3.3.5b
    EDIT, from phone, didnt read propery , sorry

I just wanted to point out that cross realm might make it technically possible to have 3.3.5b on a arena/bg realm and 3.3.5a on the main/pve realm.
    No wont be possible quite sure , thats why they have turned Blackrock in 3.3.5a to prepare the crossrealm

15. Alright lets address a few things

First of all. Icecrown and lordaeron will not change anything on their server. So no point in arguing in balance changes or 3.3.5b since any changes would directly affect those realms because all servers are connected to the same battlegroup server.
    So Shadowmourn will be usable in arena and we will not touch anything regarding the proc.

Regarding shadowmourne on blackrock we will look into a way to introduce it to the server.
    It will not be in shop before it can be obtainable in game

For Solo queue im only requesting extra rules for the system to follow to pervent toxic players.

Try keep "blizzlike" in mind as much as you can

I totally understand the "furstration" for the "oh no they got shadowmourne" but try look at it from both perspectives.
    Not eveyone on icecrown have bis gear and blackrock have by default better starting gear than many of the icecrown players even have obtained yet... Especially Lordaeron players
    For the start it wont be optimal. but after we introduce shadowmourne on blackrock i believe things will get "balanced out" in terms of server vs server

First 12345 ... Last