1. Best laptop brand

Im in the process of looking for a laptop for casual gaming around ?800.00. I was wondering on what name brand is most reliable as in Dell,HP,MSI,etc.

2. Two years ago I did a serious research in the same price range to find out what is the best value-oriented entry level gaming laptop, and I’m pretty sure situation is still the same.

HP Omen is just okay, but overpriced compared to Dell, Asus and Lenovo equivalents.MSI is too bulky and too nerdy looking imo, especially for that price range. Asus does have a new competitor in this segment that’s pretty good:

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-FX503-Ga...+Intel+Core+i5

Pros:
    - An awesome quad core mobile CPU
    - An awesome mobile GPU
    - SSD for OS and 1TB HDD for storage
    - Nice display

Con:
    - Only 8GB of DDR4 RAM
    This is upgradable and there’s most likely an empty slot inside.

Asus is pretty good laptop manufacturer overall and should be given a chance. Anyways, read the reviews, google about this laptop a bit, read everythign you can and find out all information you’re interested in.

My recommendation:

https://www.amazon.com/d/Traditional...spiron+15+7000

I have an older model of this laptop. Only difference being that I got 250GB SSD instead of 1TB Hybrid (idk why they do that, price is pretty much the same).

Pros:
    - An Awesome quad core CPU (don’t get confused with plrenty of cores for gaming, you don’t need them).p
    - Very good GPU for Casual gaming
    - Good Build Quality (I’ve been using it daily for 1.5 years and it’s still like new)
    - Easy to access and upgrade (1 screw away)
    - Good cooling, didn’t feel the heat on the keypad while playing ever, but don’t play for hours with it on your lap.
    - Really good battery life for non gaming (You’ll get close to 2hrs of WoW, or three movies:-))
    - Very good IPS panel

Cons:
    - 8GB of RAM
    - Lack of SSD
    There’s enough place to upgrade both. It’s $740, which leaves you enough money to get 128GB M2 SSD and transfer that OS to it, or to get 8GB of RAM to upgrade and add SSD later.

As a conclusion, I’d say that Dell is currently the best laptop manufacturer out there although it’s being known as a slightly more expensive which doesn’t apply to this laptop as made to be value-oriented. As a result of that, don’t expect fancy packaging, it’s going to come in something like egg-carton lmao. But, who cares?

I want to say that it’s all about trade offs at this price range. It’s important to understand that mobile gaming components are very expensive and in order not to overpay you need to know what you really want and what you don’t want, and use that philosophy to buy a laptop that’s going to satisfy your needs.
    Edited: December 4, 2018

3. Two years ago I did a serious research in the same price range to find out what is the best value-oriented entry level gaming laptop, and I’m pretty sure situation is still the same.

HP Omen is just okay, but overpriced compared to Dell, Asus and Lenovo equivalents.MSI is too bulky and too nerdy looking imo, especially for that price range. Asus does have a new competitor in this segment that’s pretty good:

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-FX503-Ga...+Intel+Core+i5

Pros:
    - An awesome quad core mobile CPU
    - An awesome mobile GPU
    - SSD for OS and 1TB HDD for storage
    - Nice display

Con:
    - Only 8GB of DDR4 RAM
    This is upgradable and there’s most likely an empty slot inside.

Asus is pretty good laptop manufacturer overall and should be given a chance. Anyways, read the reviews, google about this laptop a bit, read everythign you can and find out all information you’re interested in.

My recommendation:

https://www.amazon.com/d/Traditional...spiron+15+7000

I have an older model of this laptop. Only difference being that I got 250GB SSD instead of 1TB Hybrid (idk why they do that, price is pretty much the same).

Pros:
    - An Awesome quad core CPU (don’t get confused with plrenty of cores for gaming, you don’t need them).p
    - Very good GPU for Casual gaming
    - Good Build Quality (I’ve been using it daily for 1.5 years and it’s still like new)
    - Easy to access and upgrade (1 screw away)
    - Good cooling, didn’t feel the heat on the keypad while playing ever, but don’t play for hours with it on your lap.
    - Really good battery life for non gaming (You’ll get close to 2hrs of WoW, or three movies:-))
    - Very good IPS panel

Cons:
    - 8GB of RAM
    - Lack of SSD
    There’s enough place to upgrade both. It’s $740, which leaves you enough money to get 128GB M2 SSD and transfer that OS to it, or to get 8GB of RAM to upgrade and add SSD later.

As a conclusion, I’d say that Dell is currently the best laptop manufacturer out there although it’s being known as a slightly more expensive which doesn’t apply to this laptop as made to be value-oriented. As a result of that, don’t expect fancy packaging, it’s going to come in something like egg-carton lmao. But, who cares?

I want to say that it’s all about trade offs at this price range. It’s important to understand that mobile gaming components are very expensive and in order not to overpay you need to know what you really want and what you don’t want, and use that philosophy to buy a laptop that’s going to satisfy your needs.
    I was wondering is do to a special at Walmart (poor mans store)on an MSI and was wondering dependable how they are. The price is 1099.99 and on sale for 799.00. I added a link to the site if you are able to check it out yourself https://www.walmart.com/ip/MSI-GV62-..._bucket=posted the specs below...

MSI GV62 Performance Gaming Laptop 15.6", Intel Core Gen i5-8300, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3G, 256GB NVMe SSD, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 - Black - GV62061

Experience incredible power boosted by the coolest tech with the MSI GV62 8RE-061 Gaming Laptop. The newest 8th Generation Intel Core processor delivers more than 20% better performance when compared to previous generations. Intel Optane memory learns your behavior and automatically prioritizes frequently used files and apps. It accelerates everything you do! Youll be amazed by the all new Nahimic 3 and live the gaming immersion like never before. With simple and intuitive new UI, the Nahimic 3 not only further enhances in-game 3D surround sound, but also offers even more finite control over your music, movies and conference calls. Boost your digital adventures with the MSI GV62 8RE-061 Gaming Laptop.

2000 V-Bucks* ($20 value) Rare Street Ops Pack ($25 value) Street Ops skin Pick axe Back bling Glider MSI GV62 8RE-061 Gaming Laptop:
    Intel 8th Generation 6-Core processors
    Next generation VR Ready graphics up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    15.6 FHD (1920x1080) screen
    Cooler Boost Technology keeps your laptop performing cool and efficiently
    Program your game specific macros for a backlit keyboard by SteelSeries
    Equipped with HDMI, mDP, USB and Type-C ports
    256GB SSD Storage
    Windows 10 operating system

4. Those look like specs I’d go with.

However, there’s one caveat: “ 15.6FHD” - I’d advise you to google about this exact same spec, watch reviews about the screen because FHD is not same as IPS FHD. They didn’t specify it’s IPS which means it’s TN panel with poor viewing angles. Also, google a bit to find out what’s teh quality of GV62.

But definitely looks like a good deal.

Can you buy it and return it if you don’t like the screen? Why not. There’s no better way to get a feel of it.

5. Those look like specs I’d go with.

However, there’s one caveat: “ 15.6FHD” - I’d advise you to google about this exact same spec, watch reviews about the screen because FHD is not same as IPS FHD. They didn’t specify it’s IPS which means it’s TN panel with poor viewing angles. Also, google a bit to find out what’s teh quality of GV62.

But definitely looks like a good deal.

Can you buy it and return it if you don’t like the screen? Why not. There’s no better way to get a feel of it.
    Isn't possible to buy a better screen?

6. Isn't possible to buy a better screen?
    Absolutely, if you’re into doing that after you purchased something new. I’m not.

Also, if you plan to use it only for gaming even that FHD will do it, as yu’re sitting in front of so yu might not even notice angle issue.

7. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3G
    Try to get the 6gb version to make it more future proof. Don't have much time right now to write an essay but take your time investigating. Got a Rog Strix with better stats a year ago for 950 €.

Cheers

8. Try to get the 6gb version to make it more future proof. Don't have much time right now to write an essay but take your time investigating. Got a Rog Strix with better stats a year ago for 950 €.

Cheers
    How about......

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D8JTLWS...DescriptionBtf

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron...%2Blaptop&th=1

9. Not brands but models. Dell can have **** tier inspiron model line where 30% die after 5 years and also have latitude models that are bussiness tier work horses.
    Macbooks
    Thinkpads (lenovo)
    Latitude (dell)