1. FFS make the time for authorization code longer!

Hello there.
    The time required to receive and open the email and copy the code Warmane sends to users for two way authentication, is way way longer than the time your website (and in the game login) is giving users to input the code... Why cant you make the code to last example 30 seconds or 1 minute? My email is full with Warmane emails just because i am slower than the 5-10 seconds required from Warmane to input the code (actually my email is slow at receiving the mails)... Its quite annoying... I dont see any security risk if you make that time longer at all...
    Thanks in advance and best wishes.

2. I agree.
    Especially on the smartphone it's realy annoying because the code always expires before I'm able to copy paste it.

3. if you are able to i'd suggest using the google authentication. switched from email a while ago due to this reason and haven't had any issues since.

4. Originally Posted by Jakkre
    I agree.
    Especially on the smartphone it's realy annoying because the code always expires before I'm able to copy paste it.
    yeah, especially from smartphone is really a battle...

Originally Posted by Jakkre
    if you are able to i'd suggest using the google authentication. switched from email a while ago due to this reason and haven't had any issues since.
    thanks for the suggestion, but i dont like doing that, i avoid involving my google accounts in anything else except work...
    Edited: December 5, 2018 Reason: forgot to be polite

5. Have same problem, can't authorize because my code always expire and new email expire tooo. infinite loop ... Cause Warmane emails takes 5 mins to arrive to my mailbox ...

Problem is also that i play on two machines => two email authorization every day ... I think it could remember two last Pc instead of only one ...

6. I also agree that it would be a great idea for the codes to be available much longer.

7. Hello there.
    The time required to receive and open the email and copy the code Warmane sends to users for two way authentication, is way way longer than the time your website (and in the game login) is giving users to input the code... Why cant you make the code to last example 30 seconds or 1 minute? My email is full with Warmane emails just because i am slower than the 5-10 seconds required from Warmane to input the code (actually my email is slow at receiving the mails)... Its quite annoying... I dont see any security risk if you make that time longer at all...
    Thanks in advance and best wishes.
    Weird, im on my phone and tried to log in and had to get a code. I opened a new tab, clicked two links to get to my email, opened the email, copied the code, closed the tab, pasted the code, and clicked log in and it worked. I dont understand how people have such a hard time with it. Have your email open and use ctrl+c/v.

Also, if the time required to receive, open, and copy the email is "way way longer" than the code valid time, no idea how it's worked for me every time.

8. for those with a phone: holding the entry will copy it to the clipboard, then just paste it in the window.
    Enter username, enter password, do captcha, hit login.
    Leave the browser, open the app, see the little timer, if it's about to expire wait a bit, hold the number to copy it.
    Go back to the browser, paste, done, you're in, mr hacker.

I'm using the 2FA for almost all of my internet accounts (the ones that support it, others I get an SMS) and this way works great, it's not possible to have >5 fingers and fail at this.

9. yeah, especially from smartphone is really a battle...

thanks for the suggestion, but i dont like doing that, i avoid involving my google accounts in anything else except work...

The Google Authenicator app does NOT use your google account to authenticate. Basically what happens is the Warmane site gives you a specific set of numbers/letters to store in the app. These numbers can be ingested via QR code. When math is done with the numbers against the current time both the server Warmane is using and your app can reach the same result with 30 seconds of error time allowed. Also as a result of how this is calculated, the code will expire, but when it expires it won't force you to reload the page like the email option.

The Google Authenicator app isn't the only option either. For more information check:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....89#post2960389
    All of the apps in this post can be used instead of Google Authenticator.
    Edited: December 5, 2018

10. @Sammy7
    That might all be true but doesn't change the fact that the email auth code expires too fast.
    For those who wish to use email auth it would be nice that the expiration time was lengthened.

It should be easy to fix that and I don't see a security threat either.
    Edited: December 6, 2018

11. Weird, im on my phone and tried to log in and had to get a code. I opened a new tab, clicked two links to get to my email, opened the email, copied the code, closed the tab, pasted the code, and clicked log in and it worked. I dont understand how people have such a hard time with it. Have your email open and use ctrl+c/v.

Also, if the time required to receive, open, and copy the email is "way way longer" than the code valid time, no idea how it's worked for me every time.
    The thing is that your account mail is maybe gmail, many of us dont use gmail for our accounts...

12. for those with a phone: holding the entry will copy it to the clipboard, then just paste it in the window.
    Enter username, enter password, do captcha, hit login.
    Leave the browser, open the app, see the little timer, if it's about to expire wait a bit, hold the number to copy it.
    Go back to the browser, paste, done, you're in, mr hacker.

I'm using the 2FA for almost all of my internet accounts (the ones that support it, others I get an SMS) and this way works great, it's not possible to have >5 fingers and fail at this.
    what email are you using? gmail right? what if like many of us you use different email than gmail mr. hacker? it takes more than 30 seconds just to receive the Warmane email with the code...

13. what email are you using? gmail right? what if like many of us you use different email than gmail mr. hacker? it takes more than 30 seconds just to receive the Warmane email with the code...
    Then you are using email services we don't support, which, as should be easily deduced, isn't something that would make us change this.

14. A problem with this is you're being overdramatic - by crying about "but muh 5-10 sec window" when it's not that short to begin with you look like a fool. You're stating false information to justify your position - and that's just shabby.

I just timed from the moment I attempted to log in (and it send me an email) to the moment I tried to use the code it sent me, and every time it allowed me to log in 25 seconds after it sent me the email, but never 30 seconds after. It's easy to assume the window is 30 seconds. That's 3-6 times longer than the length on the timer you're proposing is. Hell, 30 seconds is also one of your suggested times.

Also as others have suggested, use an authentication app if you really can't figure out how to copy and paste from email.

Edit: You can also change the email associated with your account. Make a new gmail account (a non work account, you can have multiple, you know) and link that **** up. Now you're using a supported email service (and one that won't take minutes to receive an instant email). ez pz.
    Edited: December 17, 2018

15. A problem with this is you're being overdramatic - by crying about "but muh 5-10 sec window" when it's not that short to begin with you look like a fool. You're stating false information to justify your position - and that's just shabby.
    Take a chill pill mate.

Recently, I have seen a 10 second window or less when trying to login via code sent via Gmail, so maybe it's a thing that happen to some of us. If that doesn't happen to you it doesn't mean it's not real. I never experienced it either until this month. And it gets late because gmail is very buggy recently and it loads hard.

I guess we have to wait to happen to multiple people for this to matter. :)

12 Last