1. Shattered halls requires The Violet Hold key ?????

Ok guys I'm trying to get some transmog gear for my warrior, I did the chain for the keys for Hellfire Citadel and got the key but apparently it's not the one I need to get in. It says I need "The Violet Hold Key" ... Any idea what to do or is it just bugged and undoable?

2. Last time i did the dungeon i didnt need the key and i was able to enter heroic mode with my level 68 alt

This was about 2 months ago.
    Dont know about its status right now.

3. I guess you should get the violet key then?

4. Forgot te mention..
    Didnt need the key cause i just let myself die infront of the gate and ressed behind it

You might just want to do that

5. Forgot te mention..
    Didnt need the key cause i just let myself die infront of the gate and ressed behind it

You might just want to do that
    I did it but first boss bugged and would dissappear and lose aggro and re-appear again. Couldn't figure it out.

6. I guess you should get the violet key then?
    Couldn't do that as well. Warden Alturas had no quest for me.

7. Couldn't do that as well. Warden Alturas had no quest for me.
    idk that's weird then.

A friend of mine wanted the achievment and told me the same thing, but he just went and got the violet key without any issue. That was like 2 days ago, so I don't think a bug appeared in the meantime.

I also have the key myself, but I frankly don't remember when I got it.

Edit: Apparently the quest is started by Rhonin, not Alturas.
    https://www.wowhead.com/quest=29829/discretion-is-key

8. The quest chain for the Shattered Halls key starts off from the key mold dropped by Smith Gorlunk in Shadowmoon Valley. Violet hold key is for the northrend dungeon.

9. The quest chain for the Shattered Halls key starts off from the key mold dropped by Smith Gorlunk in Shadowmoon Valley. Violet hold key is for the northrend dungeon.

I killed the guy, did the chain from Dumphry near Honor Hold with the reaver body and everything, got the key but still can’t enter. Says “Requires The Violet Hold Key”. I did my research before reaching out to you guys. Would someone see if it’s the same for them?

10. I killed the guy, did the chain from Dumphry near Honor Hold with the reaver body and everything, got the key but still can’t enter. Says “Requires The Violet Hold Key”. I did my research before reaching out to you guys. Would someone see if it’s the same for them?
    Oh that is strange then. I remember doing the quest chain on my warrior a month back and it worked fine. Must be bugged at the moment I guess.

11. When I was doing Shattered halls, it required Violet hold key which is obtainable in Dalaran. There's like no other way to enter unless you wanna die and respawn.

12. Just logged on to my warrior a minute ago to check and I was able to open the gate fine so I dunno what's up. I logged onto another character who didn't have the key to see what error I would get and only got an error message saying "It's locked," nothing about the Violet Hold key. Are you sure you have the shattered halls key in your keyring?

13. OP - same thing happens for me when I try to enter with my pally (have shattered halls key in my keyring). "The door is locked" info pops up and tooltip shows that it "Requires The Violet Hold key", that's some weird bullS, whether it works with violet hold key or not.

14. You need the hellfire key to enter Heroic Shattered halls,Blood Furnace and Ramparts though shattered halls is bugged at the first boss. I was running my twinks through 70 dungeons but couldn't finish this because of the gate to enter the first boss wont unlock after killing all the mobs.
    Edited: December 9, 2018

15. When I first time played on this server, shattered halls required the Violet hold key. And it's only obtainable in Dalaran. I don't know if it's a bug, but that dungeon requires Violet hold key.

Anyway, don't even start it because it's not working. The dungeon is bugged just like the guy above said. First boss is bugged and nothing works.

12 Last