1. Prot Pally Tank SP

I LOVED WOTLK in retail and it was the only WOW I enjoyed long term. Full Disclosure I never downed LK in 10 or 25 - and only downed Sind in 10 - (Casual Raiding - What can I say?) . I used to Prot Pally MT

SO - AFTER joining Warmane - And reading tons of forums - I have a few questions - because i havent played wrath in years - and the people here have way more experience with builds and Tanking theory I figured i would ask .

(I got into an argument over this one with my friend that talked me into joining over this one)
    1.) Why do Prot Pallies in Dal have Spell Power Enchants on weapons ?
    is it more of a PvP setup?

2.) I have read in the forums here that Prot Pallys no longer MT ICC . - Why not? LK I get (for the valk stun) but over all i thought pally tanks were the best tanks besides DK's and warriors

3.) Some of the abilities dont seem to work as intended - I think part of this is because of latency issues. But I also see that Aura Mastery doesnt work in the forums (I havent made a Prot/Holy build so i dont know first hand) But my Avengers Shield sometimes seems to fly off into the abyss . And sometimes enemies will end up in the ground / mining nodes are under the map. - Is this why some of the Theory Crafting and Builds are different on this server than when i played retail? Or was i just a crap tank ?

Thank you everyone that contributes guides . And thanks for any advice / feedback - and if Spell power is a dumb enchant for a Prot Pally please let me know so i can rub my friends face in it.

2. Can't answer all of your questions as I don't actively play prot paladin, but I can answer some:

-for MT: Druid>Pala>DK>Warr
    -for OT: Pala>DK>Druid>Warr
    Some may discuss this, but nobody will argue that Paladins are amazing tanks and easily fit in raid comps (be it 10 or 25) so don't worry about that
    Also, these rankings only really matter for people willing to optimize raids to the highest degree, if it's for NM ICC just play whatever you like

-I don't know if avenger's shield work (I assume it does cause I've never heard complaints about it), but I know for a fact aura mastery works.

-enemies/nodes under map never happen in raid as far as I know

-what spellpower enchants are you talking about specifically?
    Edited: December 6, 2018

3. -what spellpower enchants are you talking about specifically?
    Spell power on the weapon Enchantment.

I am convinced he was looking at people spec-ed for Prot but wearing Holy gear - The whole argument revolved around how spell power was best for a pally because it gives consecration, Holy Shield, and Ret damage - I tried explaining to him that prot pallies get 6 SP for 10 strength - and that he was an ***** because i actually progressed though ICC - he said he tanked Lich with his build but im 99 % sure he has no clue.

I donated money (because i think you should support the server you play on) . and with the coins i got the LK Mace - he tried telling me that it wasnt BiS and that i should have gotten the Spell power weapon -

Honestly -

Im right he is wrong - at least where that is concerned -

The Tanking was what bothered me the most - i would like to tank and i was worried i wouldnt get into any groups. Anyway thanks for the advice / feedback .

I just spent an hour looking up all the top builds and NONE of them do anything he says -

So he is trolling or hasnt a clue.

4. Yeah that's probably what happened, I was thinking about some "alternative" enchants like mongoose or things of the sort, that might be for threat purposes, but straight up spellpower is indeed a waste of an enchant!

5. That person is either trolling, or has no clue about the game itself. But honestly I don't see why would anyone put spell power enchant on tank, whatever item it is, and on top of all this, using spell power mace over the tanking one....
    Like Firzenn already mentioned, one can consider a threat generating enchant to be better at some point of the game and player's build, specially a mongoose that give even a slight boost to your armor too, trough the agility (not a big armor increase however)...
    Personally I look at a paladin as a more kind of supporting class, whatever spec paladin is playing on, it will give huge number of unique and useful abilities, that will make everyone's life easyer. And yes I would argue that he is a master of OT-ing. :)

6. In all honesty paladin can be MT or OT, it doesn't matter it's pretty much the best tank in WotLK. People just use it for OT more because it can control adds easily.
    Spell power weapon/enchantment on tank is a fail. I was using mongoose.

Aura Mastery is working properly.
    When Avengers Shield flies off into the oblivion it means that you missed. Most abilities don't have animation like that for misses, but Avengers Shield does have it. Turn on combat text in interface or get an addon for combat text - MSBT is my suggestion (MikScrollingBattleText).
    Enemies going underground when walking towards you does happen, altho now is a lot rarer than years ago.
    Nodes for professions don't spawn underground... at least I haven't seen it happen.