1. Playing 10 games with random 5v5 team = 3 month ban?

Good afternoon warmane,

I just tried to log in to my account to find this message:

"Your account has been suspended for 2 months 4 weeks due to Wintrading"

I have been very inactive on lordaeron for a time now, but recently decided to do some 2v2 again with a friend. Sometimes though I would come online and my 2's mate wouldn't be online , so I would do a bg or join a random raid.

One of those days someone asked me to join their 5's team for a few games as a healer, so having nothing else to do I accepted and joined the team for some games. I did 10 games with them and that was that.
    Now I found out it was this team that must have been wintrading at some point? But I had absolutley no idea I was just under the impression it was some random other team that was queing for 10games for some arena points at flush.

I would like to add that about 90% of the wins in EVERY 3v3 team on Lordaeron are against teams that are flung together on global search for a quick 10 games so they get arena points at the flush, for the few 3v3 teams on the ladder that are actually actively playing together those teams are free wins basicly.
    Is that considered wintrading? Cause in that case you should probably ban the whole 3v3 ladder.... ???

Now I am banned for 3 months for something I didn't even know was happening and I was just doing some randoms a favour by joining their 5's team so they could queue....

Anyway, this really took me by surprise. It wasn't my intention to wintrade at all, but I guess I should've been more vigilant. Just coming online, joining some random 5's team and playing 10 games is now apparently bannable. So everyone else out there beware of any arena team you join, cause you might get instantly banned for it.

2. Seriously? Lately I play only with random people and losing a lot cause don't care, looks like I need to stop arena at all :o
    What rating u had?
    Edited: December 8, 2018

3. Honestly im glad they took action against stormmage and his clown arena fixers, props to mods.

4. Honestly im glad they took action against stormmage and his clown arena fixers, props to mods.
    Well I had no idea at the time what was happening, just though I was helping someone out to play some arena games.

5. The ban had zero reason to be made in the first place and should get lifted on all players, hopefully soon. There's no trace of wintrade on the 5s ladder, as opposed to the 3s ladder which has had real wintrading action in the last month.

More so, there hasn't been much of any 5s game played recently (only around 20 in the last month, out of the 120 games the team played), and no rewards were reached, and no titles or mount are granted by 5s on Lordaeron.

I advice you to ban appeal, playing 10 games for an increased Arena Point flush even at 0 rate is not wrong, and cannot be called wintrade whatsoever. 5s has nothing that looks anywhere close to the 3s activity were there was actual wintrade taking place and where the ladder still clearly shows it.

The staff in charge or Lord pvp may want to change 5s, such like remove the possibility of rewards like shoulders/tabard, thus allowing people to actually play it for the fun or for the increased flush without the risk of getting involved (prolly unwillingly) into "bad pvp matches"...

6. There's no trace of wintrade on the 5s ladder
    Yea having 5s score around 180:15 while your 2s and 3s win rate is 52% +/- is not suspicious at all. Oh and dont do that increased point flush please, point difference is minor at low ratings. Enjoy your vacation :)

7. You can try appealing the ban under My Account -> Support

8. You can try appealing the ban under My Account -> Support
    Thanks, I made a ban appeal ticket.

Hopefully they can see that I only did 10 games and I didn't know it was wintrades. I mean we beat the other team, but it wasn't like they didn't fight us. They tried every game so I had no reason to suspect it was wintrading. I thought it was just a random team pulled together from global and they were bad players.

Hope gm's will understand that I couldn't tell it was wintrade, because off course if I knew it was I would have quit the team and reported it...

I can't stand wintraders and off course it's a good thing warmane is pursuing those people. But I have NEVER wintraded and I never would
    Edited: December 8, 2018 Reason: spelling

9. Yea having 5s score around 180:15 while your 2s and 3s win rate is 52% +/- is not suspicious at all. Oh and dont do that increased point flush please, point difference is minor at low ratings. Enjoy your vacation :)
    There are no serious or good team actively playing 5s currently, and there hasn't been any in the past year most likely. So you can expect any "a bit dedicated" 5s team to actually have a really high win/loose ratio for the simple reason that they will never face anything serious and have no difficulty winning whatsoever. Then you are comparing this to Storm's 2s activity were he plays a MM Hunter / Fire Mage comp for the lolz, and obviously get some long streak of looses. If you look at Blackrock ladder you will not see such comp, probably because there's no way this sort of comp can be a competitive one. You're just probably enjoy seeing them banned just because you hold some personal grudge against Storm, but there is no actual fact that justify the ban in the first place. This is not like the recent 3s activity, were there has obvious wintrade going on. The wintrade there was so obvious that the moment I learned it, I was able to make a list of the banned players just by looking at the ladder, and I got it 100% right instantly. Here some banned players did 6 matches in 5s, two month ago, with a win/loose of 4/2... How on earth can this fall into any sort of windtrade?! Yet these have been banned. My though on that is that the ban has been done way to hastily and is actually not justified, that's why I believe it will be lifted for anyone who appeals.

By the way, @Repost, is there a fair chance to get to talk to Aldtharios, or to any other GM that is involved into Lordearon realm - just pointing out these issues will probably remove the need of every single 5s-banned player to appeal? Is forum private message the way to go? (I ain't amongst the banned players at all, it feels just so unjustified...)

10. By the way, @Repost, is there a fair chance to get to talk to Aldtharios, or to any other GM that is involved into Lordearon realm - just pointing out these issues will probably remove the need of every single 5s-banned player to appeal? Is forum private message the way to go? (I ain't amongst the banned players at all, it feels just so unjustified...)
    We handle all ban appeals through the support system when possible, otherwise through [email protected]. I doubt sending Aldtharios a PM will speed up the process but he does have PMs enabled.

11. We handle all ban appeals through the support system when possible, otherwise through [email protected]. I doubt sending Aldtharios a PM will speed up the process but he does have PMs enabled.
    If i can ask, if this is true how every person that send ban appeal get 100% same answer, it looks more like autorespond msg for ppl who ask for unban?
    I saw few ppl that asked for unban for that 3s got exactly same answer

12. If i can ask, if this is true how every person that send ban appeal get 100% same answer, it looks more like autorespond msg for ppl who ask for unban?
    I saw few ppl that asked for unban for that 3s got exactly same answer
    If it were automatic it would be faster. They likely had similar scenarios and got a generic no.

13. 100% support this kind of ban. There are teams that are doing 3v3 or 5v5 without "dodging" other teams or spamming global for "que 3's or 5's" , while other ppl play games only when its free win and no challange to them.

14. 100% support this kind of ban. There are teams that are doing 3v3 or 5v5 without "dodging" other teams or spamming global for "que 3's or 5's" , while other ppl play games only when its free win and no challange to them.
    We talking about lordaeron man not even 2s is enough active, 3s or 5s play like 5 teams, so you could check first leaderboard before you write things like that

15. Yup... same generic answer (and I haven't seen others, but it just feels generic).
    I just hope staff realize that by aggravating that many ppl, they lose income and that soon they will be earning only 1 lollipop a month instead of 2 per staff member...
    Edited: December 15, 2018