1. Coins rendered useless

The obvious answer here is no I guess so people can just buy more coins. Which makes sense if the only factor is $$$.

For example right now on Blackrock there is a discussion going on about removing transmog. Personally I've spent a lot of money just on the cases in order to get transmog. A simple change will make all the coins i spent vanish into nothing. But by adding the option to get the coins back and the losing the rewards (and not being able to do it more than 3 times or something) would at least make me feel like I have an option when decisions / things out of my control renders the coins I've spent useless.

Too clarify: Not suggesting that the real money spent should be refunded at all. Its just the "re-use" of coins with a limit of times you can do so.

2. Hey.

It seems like you misunderstand what was stated on the stream.
    We did not decide on what transmog system we will use but we're leaning towards the option that is closest to what we have now.
    So with that system you will KEEP everything you obtained from the transmog npc, cases and donated for.
    What will get "wiped" is the transmogs equipped. But you keep the gear in your bag.

3. Hey.

It seems like you misunderstand what was stated on the stream.
    We did not decide on what transmog system we will use but we're leaning towards the option that is closest to what we have now.
    So with that system you will KEEP everything you obtained from the transmog npc, cases and donated for.
    What will get "wiped" is the transmogs equipped. But you keep the gear in your bag.
    Yeah sure, the transmog thing was used as an example. The coin back to account on the website with a 3 time limit was a suggestion :D