1. Gold Squish 2018-2019

Hello.

i would liek to SUGGEST (thats why this is here) that warmane staff makes a gold squish for this year (2018) or early in 2019.

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! i know what you're thinking. no, im not mad.

the reason i suggest this is simple:
    due to the last 2 years gold squish, the community has prepeared for this year's squish without having confirmation of such thing happening. as a result, in the last 2-3 months the're has been an almost 100% price increase in some items, sometimes even more. just to name a few examples you can take the values of Primordial Saronites on icecrown realm. back on september they were about 650g each on ah. now it has already gone past the 1000g a piece, and at this rate it will reach the 100% increase (doubled it price) soon.
    some others, like the Battered Hilt haven skyrocketed even further, from its september price of about 2-3k to today's 16k+ on horde ah (a ridiculous 600 to 800 percent increase in just 3 months!)

these and other price increases happened because the community started to "protect" themselves against the incoming gold squish, wich so far, ITS NOT HAPPENING!

if the ammount of gold in the server, specially in icecrown realm, its not reduced, the prices could keep on scaling even further, making it impossible for new players to obtain certain things, and some objects to be more of a "i rather sell than use this" thing (already happening with BQL's boe choker, at 25k+ a piece on ah)

before some players jump at my neck i would like to add one last thing:

some people loose a TON with gold squishes (we all do, dont feel special about it =D) but doing nothing means the ENTIRE player base might end loosing even more!

i know this might be (and probably will be) an impopular measure, but i think you warmane staff members are already aware of the increasing prices. i dont know what are you waiting for to react, but here's a suggestion on what can be done, and i hope you take it seriously.

Best regards

2. Wait...I'm confused. Why should people care about raising AH prices? If the people selling are going to have their gold squished then lulz and RIP people buying at their prices.

If the people selling are trying to take advantage of people hoarding then just don't buy outrageously priced things? Most of the items you'd want to hoard for an incoming gold squish would be farmable materials. If you happen to farm stuff and you know there's no gold squish coming then why not undercut the high prices to make money? Sounds to me like the joke is on people putting things up for insane prices but not if players are buying at their prices.

This kinda seems like a lazy solution that makes the staff do unnecessary work when there's plenty of ways to work around "preparing" players. I also wouldn't be surprised if there's a large majority of people who don't even notice or care.

3. gold squishes are meant to lower all gold in the game, may it be ah related or not.
    im just giving examples on how the "non-happening" gold squish has propelled prices (on both farmeable items and not so farmeable as well)
    doing nothing might end up in what started the gold squishes in 1st place (those 50k chopper, 23k primordials, 500g eternals days, to name a few)
    also, the inflation in prices is having its impact on trade system on the site as well, something im quite sure staff is also aware of

4. some people loose a TON with gold squishes (we all do, dont feel special about it =D) but doing nothing means the ENTIRE player base might end loosing even more!
    Those who have a lot of gold find ways to avoid losing it with gold squishes. I did not lose any gold from last 2 gold squishes. I only gained gold from them. Gold squish only works on people who don't have much gold.

if the ammount of gold in the server, specially in icecrown realm, its not reduced, the prices could keep on scaling even further, making it impossible for new players to obtain certain things, and some objects to be more of a "i rather sell than use this" thing (already happening with BQL's boe choker, at 25k+ a piece on ah)
    Value of the item remains the same. It's just the number that changes. If all item prices are decreased equally after a gold squish, you can still buy the same amount of items by selling a choker. It's just quest reward and mob drop gold that becomes less valuable over time. And on higher rate realms buying something useful with just quest reward gold doesn't seem realistic, with or without gold squish. If new players want to buy something specific and more expensive, they can sell the items they find or farm on auction house. The items they farm also increase in price over time.

But the main reason I am against gold squishes is the chaos that happens in auction house for 2-3 months before it. If I want to buy something in large amounts, I can't because it's all sold out since people are buying everything they see to avoid losing gold.

5. gold squishes are meant to lower all gold in the game, may it be ah related or not.
    im just giving examples on how the "non-happening" gold squish has propelled prices (on both farmeable items and not so farmeable as well)
    doing nothing might end up in what started the gold squishes in 1st place (those 50k chopper, 23k primordials, 500g eternals days, to name a few)
    also, the inflation in prices is having its impact on trade system on the site as well, something im quite sure staff is also aware of
    I know what a gold squish is. Which is why I'm confused why high AH prices are such a concern. That just seems *****ic since if there was a squish coming, then they're selling items of value to rebuild their gold stash after the squish.

So staff should intervene because a large majority of the server population are too ignorant or lazy to notice or farm their own materials?
    People looking to make money don't want to improve the trade system by farming high demand items and selling for lower prices?

Not so farmable items just won't sell for the going prices. People who obtain them can make decent gold by undercutting AH prices. Now if players are buying at this insane amounts of gold, that's not really something you can control.

Staff shouldn't get involved over player's inability to manage their gold. Especially if it might introduce bugs or further instability.

6. Those who have a lot of gold find ways to avoid losing it with gold squishes. I did not lose any gold from last 2 gold squishes. I only gained gold from them. Gold squish only works on people who don't have much gold.
    well, warmane staff should ensure this does not happen. either we all get the gold squished, or none of us.

Value of the item remains the same. It's just the number that changes. If all item prices are decreased equally after a gold squish, you can still buy the same amount of items by selling a choker. It's just quest reward and mob drop gold that becomes less valuable over time. And on higher rate realms buying something useful with just quest reward gold doesn't seem realistic, with or without gold squish. If new players want to buy something specific and more expensive, they can sell the items they find or farm on auction house. The items they farm also increase in price over time.
    reducing the gold will cause 2 things:
    1st: all the goods players have saved for after the squish will go out into the market, either by trade, ah, c.o.d or else. this will cause a decrease in overall prices
    2nd: since, as you said, quest and mobs/bosses gold does not vary, players will find that with less quests completed, less bosses or mobs killes, they can achieve a lot more.
    if they had to farm gold that way right now it would take a lot of effort to gather enough gold for an item that is not really worth that much

7. well, warmane staff should ensure this does not happen. either we all get the gold squished, or none of us.
    Even at the potential risk of introducing instability?

reducing the gold will cause 2 things:
    1st: all the goods players have saved for after the squish will go out into the market, either by trade, ah, c.o.d or else. this will cause a decrease in overall prices
    Wut? This makes no sense. A squish indicates all gold is reduced by a certain %. Pre-squish prices would never sell because no one has that much money anymore after the squish is introduced.

You prepare for a squish by stocking on items people generally need like herbs, ores, gems, primos, BoEs, potions, flasks, glyphs.

As soon as the squish happens, all hoarded items can be put back up on the AH at prices people can afford. Trying to sell for more would be pointless, since no one can afford items at those prices. Now comes the painful 2-3 months process of unpredictable AH prices while the server economy adjusts.

2nd: since, as you said, quest and mobs/bosses gold does not vary, players will find that with less quests completed, fewer bosses or mobs killes, they can achieve a lot more.
    if they had to farm gold that way right now it would take a lot of effort to gather enough gold for an item that is not really worth that much
    There's a lot of quests to do both in Outland and Northrend. This would only suck for people who have full completion for those zones. There's nothing to stop them from spending extra badges on gems or primos to put up on the AH after the squish.

You're proposing a lazy solution, that introduces risk of instability (which does impact players), because people are too lazy to manage their own gold?
    We don't need Warmane playing nanny state on people's gold. That just implies people are incapable of learning to manage their own.

8. This is strictly an administrative decision, not something up to community suggestions.