1. SWP thoughts

My in game name is Aecra (Restoration shaman) and here are my thoughts and views on SWP on warmane. Please try to keep comments (if you have any) decent.
    I'm raiding and I got all my first kills with Panacea apart from first kill Brutallus I was there on all versions of all encounters.

So to start with the literal first thing that caused "drama" from the getgo when first kills happened, the PTR testing. On PTR testing I was still in Mirage who was best/2nd best guild of the server at the time and their policy was that SWP testing isn't mandatory which ended up in them having 15-20 players online with a scuffed setup and no real testing was done nor bosses practiced. I have however no clue about other guilds apart from Mirage and current Panacea with whom I have done 2 PTR tests which were a total of 3 hours long combined on Twins, M'uru and KJ where most of the time we actually looked for bugs and didn't practice a bit and spent most our time dead on the ground. Twins was missing abilities, muru was super overtunned and you basically died on 2nd humanoid spawns and KJ was completely bugged where you couldn't see anything pass P2 (we wiped with GM assistance when we had 10M hp). So this is a somewhat long story of the "PTR heroes" topics from somebody who was doing it with 2 (top) guilds to show you how much it actually meant.

Moving on there was a lot of discussion our guild mostly where some people thought that content was undertunned and could be you know.... a bit harder, a bit more here or a bit less there which in the weeks to show you could see it wasn't the case. The tunning was done extremely well, intentionally or unintentionally non the less great job Warmane QA and Developers and all other staff that helped.
    What happened there?
    Basically Warmane released Kalecgos, Brutallus and Felmyst as their first wing all three of whom are the joke bosses in Sunwell, compared to the second wing that is.

Kalecgos - was small amount of tactics and a bit of coordination which any guild that got to SWP progress has otherwise they wouldn't be there. Can't really go all too much into tunning on this one. All and all grab your gear and prepare for second wing boss.

Brutallus - Now this boss is perfectly tunned, it literally came to show you that raids that did down him first week and did so by "Abusing" kiting after enrage clearly don't have the setup or DPS to kill M'uru (and Kil'jaiden) however a nicely tunned target dummy with 1 ability to clearly show you if your raid is good enough to advance and just like last boss a gear boss for what is to come.

Felmyst - First wing end boss and first boss in Sunwell that ramped up in difficulty quite quickly. However was this boss actually hard? Yes, yes it was it has actual difficulty in it (I will later on explain why I'm saying this). It was nicely tunned, not too hard. The only thing that made progressing this boss really difficult was a small bug which he has if i remember correctly first 2 weeks. When he casted encapsulate he would not turn towards the target he was casting it on this made it so you needed a call by your raid leader and personal responsibility (Oh boi!)
    Your raid needs the following for this boss:
    Resistance gear
    Good range DPS setup
    and first one to actually needs a small tactic
    Now in terms of personal responsibility:
    Move from Encapsulate
    Do your role (DPS,heal or tank)
    Not that difficult now is it?

With this I ended the first wing, now the second wing came a few weeks later and most guilds were on farm mode for the first 3 bosses and grabbed some gear from them (This is important!) this gear and how you distributed it decided greatly on the second wing success.

Eredar twins - Boy oh ****ing boy, honestly I have no idea where to start with this one so I'll make a lot of bullet points for this ****. This is where difficulty ramped up to insane levels, you might be thinking Lord almighty m'uru is the be all end all boss, but no this is the **** all you raiders boss.
    Was it difficult? Yes, they still are, not because of Warmane tunning, tunning is good but simply because of Blizzards stupid *** design of a boss.
    Your raid needs the following for this boss:
    Luck
    Good dps and tons of healers (We used 8-10)
    Why the hell am I even saying it's this difficult. Well this is why:
    Conflag hits a guy that's a bit slow (Both legs and brain)? Wipe
    Conflag hits a guy that got stunned by a shadow clone? Wipe
    Conflag hits your OT while your MT is confounding blown? Wipe
    Conflag hits your warlock tank? We can manage healers are super behind on everything, flame touched stacks are all over the place and people are ticking insane dmg (This is why u mass stack healers)
    Conflag hits the MT while tanking? Too ****ing bad, DPS go afk or over aggro and wipe.
    Good dps on this boss is a myth, they're all threat capped. Warlocks crying for tranq totem with salvation on.
    Shadow nova hits a guy in africa while average flame touched stacks on raid are about 5? Wipe
    Your warlock tank has 20 flame touched stacks on phase transition? 99% wipe
    On top of it all the huge raid dmg, the bosses also hit like trucks so you need dedicated healers just for them who a lot of the time get stunned by goddamn shadow clones. Watch this ****: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/345066421 11:50 min (This is on farm)
    All and all **** the guy that created this boss honestly.

Now the fan favorite THE BOSS, M'uru:
    Now I do not wish to discredit this boss, at the time this was an insane fight I agree where you needed to figure out the tactic on your own and execute it. However this fight is such a dissapointment I could write an essay about it and I probably will. This is where the Brutallus kill and gear from first wing really started showing.
    What your raid needed to down this boss:
    Class stacking
    Detailed tactics where everyone has to know at every moment what to do
    Personal responsibility
    Perfect setup
    Good dps and extremly good healers with high HPS (Yes shamans, shamans coz BL and high single target healing, blame blizzard for making us OP)
    Personal responsibility of the raiders in raid:
    None
    Let me give you an example of me on our first kill (Resto shaman) my job was: Keep the far melee group alive and keep the tank alive. Like that's it that's what I'm doing on every boss since day one this is my assignment on literally the "HARDEST" boss in the game.
    Now not to discredit some classes actually had a somewhat of a difficult job like Melee for example, but nobody can tell me that a warlock has a difficult job; shadowbolt void sentinel, seed to relax your button 1 finger than shadow bolt m'uru a bit till sentinel is up.

All and all crushing dissapointment of a boss design, you could even argue "Oh yeah Aecra where P2 at mate?", well you see here's the thing if you have enough dps and hps for P1, P2 is a joke as the dmg never ramps up fast enough for it to actually start wiping the raid also you do P1 without lusts and than P2 is a joke in comparison with lusts.

So why did guilds struggle so hard with it when I say it's such an easy fight? Lack of dps and bad players who just couldn't do one job they're suppose to do or doing it too late and additionally 1 person dying is a auto wipe as you need all 25 players doing their job in order to down P1.

Kil'jaiden: To be continued....

2. So, I think we agree that the first three bosses are tuned well. I disagree with you on M'uru and think he's very challenging and exactly where he should be in terms of difficulty. Is it really class stacking to take 5 warlocks instead of the usual 4? Not really imo. You don't need to stack any other class, and it was the same way on retail anyway. So, lets agree to disagree about M'uru then.

What I really take issue with is your Twins critique. It seems to me as though you, personally, have a poor understanding of this boss. Your guild chooses to use tactics which makes the boss harder. And you're venting your frustration here. There's definitely some RNG in the fight, but a lot of what you said about it isn't true or at least it's misleading. So I took every scenario you typed and answered with the correct response instead of "wipe."

Conflag hits a guy that's a bit slow (Both legs and brain)? ====> People need to be fast, this is Sunwell.

Conflag hits a guy that got stunned by a shadow clone? ====> guy uses his pvp trinket and moves out in time. His group also compensates for him by taking a few steps forward. Do you use 1 stack or several?

Conflag hits your OT while your MT is confounding blown? ====> MT uses his pvp trinket and the raid is fine

Conflag hits your warlock tank? We can manage healers are super behind on everything, flame touched stacks are all over the place and people are ticking insane dmg (This is why u mass stack healers) ====> the conflag can't hit the warlock tank unless someone else conflags him. Position better.

Conflag hits the MT while tanking? ====> MT runs to the back wall and takes the conflag, aggro goes to the second tank. The raid is fine. MT uses his pvp trinket so the OT can get confounding blow'd and still be fine.

Good dps on this boss is a myth, they're all threat capped. Warlocks crying for tranq totem with salvation on. ====> warlocks should have tranq totem the entire time. Your tanks should be in partial threat gear, with threat groups, using haste pots.

Shadow nova hits a guy in africa while average flame touched stacks on raid are about 5? ====> you can lose several people on p1 and still beat the enrage timer.

Your warlock tank has 20 flame touched stacks on phase transition? ====> yea this one is probably a wipe.

This was striking to me. You said: "Good dps and tons of healers (We used 8-10)." I think 8-10 healers is bad on this boss. It seems to me that every guild that overheals this fight suffers way more from the RNG elements of it.
    Edited: December 14, 2018

3. Theres a big diffrence between Mu'ru V.1.0 and 2.0 and 3.0

Mu'ru V 1.0 was a bloody joke indeed, felt easier then most BT bosses.
    Mu'ru V 2.0 was alittle tougher with the increased HP.
    Mu'ru V 3.0 was alot harder and still keeps atleast me on my toes the entire fight due to the nature of how spiky the Sentinel dmg is.

KJ is about as bugged as he's always been, atleast the buggs create somewhat of a challange at times and not just a easy 1 shot.

Agree with Aecra on most other things.