1. Resilience Changes for Wotlk

Due to these servers remaining on the same patch indefinitely, it's inevitable that the average item level of the community will rise. Blizzard tweaked the resilience values with a different average gearset in mind, and as it currently is, it feels like an underwhelming stat in PvP. PvP is a fulfilling experience, particularly when you can make good plays and out-think and opponent in more than just one way.

My suggestion is that you buff the resilience stat, by increasing it's percentage per stat point if desired, and also increasing the critical strike damage reduction cap to exceed 33%, maybe being somewhere closer to 40-45% at 1400 resilience. I currently play a few characters above 6k gs with specs and gear almost solely dedicated to exploding people in PvP, and while it can be exciting at times, it's not as fulfilling of an experience as it potentially could be, and as it was on retail.

I remember having an affliction warlock in retail wrath with 1200 resilience, and I actually felt pretty tanky. On Icecrown, I also have a warlock that is 4/5 set wrathful with 1250 resilience and soul link glyph, and I am killed in less than 5 seconds by a large percentage of the player base in the PvP community. I'm not saying it should be extreme, but even a slight buff to the stat would make a massive difference to the health of PvP and would have no detrimental affect on PvE, quests, or donations.

My second suggestion is that you consider making 3v3 exclusive items either obtainable via 2v2 at similar or slightly elevated ratings, or include arena in the battleground server merges (I'm not sure if you're already doing that but I thought I read that you weren't planning to) to increase the pool of queues to both revive 3v3 and make it a usable bracket to reach those 2.2k+ ratings for gear.

There may be some gear disparity between the three servers, but I believe that even Lordaeron and very likely blackrock players would love to have faster and more diverse queues, also during a wider ranges of hours. I haven't played lordaeron for a while, but I made a character there the day it launched and ultimately left a bit into the Ulduar era due to a dead PvP scene. I definitely would have been excited for that sort of change in hindsight, and if I were to play there again.

If not, I know this has been beating a dead horse, but as it currently is, the 3v3 bracket is not healthy enough to realistically expect people to try to obtain the weapons and wrathful shoulders without simply donating for them. Removing their 3v3 restrictions and either leaving the ratings as they are, or increasing them to something like 2200 shoulders, 2400 weapons for 2v2, would make them obtainable legitimately, and increase the incentive for players to push for those higher ratings, or to play arena altogether for that matter.

Both these changes should be relatively simple things to change on the programming spectrum of things, and would vastly increase the server health here. I have been playing Molten WoW since 2010, and I have played all 10 classes to some range of 1800-2300 rating, and this would be beneficial to every single class in terms of enriching the depth of combat and length of engagements on the Wotlk servers here, and adding a bit of additional life and purpose into the 2v2/3v3 ladders.

Is Takenbacon still on the Development team here? I know of him from his prior work in other PvP exclusive servers and know that he is very talented and capable of making these changes in a day. I hope you consider these suggestions, as despite it going against literal blizzlike percentage values, it will make the gameplay FEEL more blizzlike; which I think could unanimously be agreed upon as being more important than being 100% by the book. I believe the Warmane staff somewhat agrees with me, at least based on the implementation of transmog and the privilege of a vote system post Extremetop100.

2. But that wouldn't be WotLK anymore.

3. Not a bad idea ,but I see the only problem with resilience is against a warrior with max AP and shadowmourne , Paladin burst also with Shadowmourne , those are about the only 2 classes where resilience seems light but not near as bad when they have a normal weapon ,their damage isn't as massive. Resilience is intended to reduce the effects of slowing ,stunning or imparing spells not so much to gain hp or much else.

4. I stopped reading after the resilience thing; This is honestly one of the most dreadful ideas I have seen in a while; Basically you want to end double DPS teams, and make Hpala/warr the only viable team in 2vs2. Do you realize that it's going to be nearly IMPOSSIBLE for anyone below 6kgs to kill a full wrathful healer? This would be the final blow to Pvp to completely kill the 2vs2 bracket unless you only faceroll with an arms warrior. Absolute folly.
    If there's something that's worthy to consider in order to break the current "meta" (Hpala/Awarr) It's either to ban shadowmourne from 2vs2 (Which is not fair at all since warriors are one of the most gear dependant classes ingame) OR NERF healing reductions to something like Cata (30% instead of 50%).

Please... Think twice before posting something like this, not only on your delusional imaginary benefits. It would be even terrible for a warlock if you're not BiS you would NEVER, and mark my words NEVER kill a skilled Hpala or a R Shaman that knows how to use totems and shear. Unbelievable, rage inducing tbh.

5. I stopped reading after the resilience thing; This is honestly one of the most dreadful ideas I have seen in a while; Basically you want to end double DPS teams, and make Hpala/warr the only viable team in 2vs2. Do you realize that it's going to be nearly IMPOSSIBLE for anyone below 6kgs to kill a full wrathful healer? This would be the final blow to Pvp to completely kill the 2vs2 bracket unless you only faceroll with an arms warrior. Absolute folly.
    If there's something that's worthy to consider in order to break the current "meta" (Hpala/Awarr) It's either to ban shadowmourne from 2vs2 (Which is not fair at all since warriors are one of the most gear dependant classes ingame) OR NERF healing reductions to something like Cata (30% instead of 50%).

Please... Think twice before posting something like this, not only on your delusional imaginary benefits. It would be even terrible for a warlock if you're not BiS you would NEVER, and mark my words NEVER kill a skilled Hpala or a R Shaman that knows how to use totems and shear. Unbelievable, rage inducing tbh.
    Then enable small flat percentage healing reductions or something of the like to balance the increase in resilience inside arena. Tweaks could be made to find a sweeter spot than it currently sits, and if you think resilience isn't an underpowered stat in the current meta, you're blind. Getting a kill isn't about burst, it's about control in double dps teams, unless you're talking about beastcleave. I'm sure anyone who doesn't own shadowmourne would love to see its removal from arena, but you know as well as I do that it will literally never happen. If your entire philosophy is that winning is completely based upon flat burst and that 7% increase in crit reduction would be so gamebreaking that double dps teams would be hopeless, then I don't see the value in trying to convince you otherwise. In a perfect world we would get a patch 3.3.5b or 3.3.5c only applicable in bg/arena but once again, I don't realistically see this ever happening despite it almost being necessary to make this gameplay less of an explosive gimpfest.

6. Then enable small flat percentage healing reductions or something of the like to balance the increase in resilience inside arena. Tweaks could be made to find a sweeter spot than it currently sits, and if you think resilience isn't an underpowered stat in the current meta, you're blind. Getting a kill isn't about burst, it's about control in double dps teams, unless you're talking about beastcleave. I'm sure anyone who doesn't own shadowmourne would love to see its removal from arena, but you know as well as I do that it will literally never happen. If your entire philosophy is that winning is completely based upon flat burst and that 7% increase in crit reduction would be so gamebreaking that double dps teams would be hopeless, then I don't see the value in trying to convince you otherwise. In a perfect world we would get a patch 3.3.5b or 3.3.5c only applicable in bg/arena but once again, I don't realistically see this ever happening despite it almost being necessary to make this gameplay less of an explosive gimpfest.
    he's not saying winnnig relies on burst.
    he's saying that even if you have the perfect strategy, even if you outplay your enemies. it still wont be enough because they take so little damage anyway

7. Scaling all pve items down to 268 ilvl would make more sense than this.

8. Scaling all pve items down to 268 ilvl would make more sense than this.
    Totally agree with that!
    up the resi won t change the unbalanced damage in arena but doing something on the ilvl284 and sm yep

9. scaling down pve gear a bit in pvp would be something I can get behind. Make it still superior to going full pvp in terms of damage but don't make it so much so that Resilience can't compare for non-clothies.

10. Yeah I agree scaling down pve gear would be great

11. nop, nothing will or should be tampered with