1. "Gearscore" required for heroic dungeon Queues?

Hey All!

I have the gearscore addon downloaded since it seems like everyone uses it for group invites and things. However, i have 2974 gearscore and i am still unable to Queue up for random heroic dungeons to gain better gear. Any idea what gearscore is required for heroic dungeons? I know gearscore and ilvl are not the same thing, but i am currently in all regular dungeon blues as well as crafted saronite gear, very surprising i can't Queue for them yet.

Thanks!

2. Gear score is a player-made addon, and thus it is not the metric used to measure at what point the game will allow into a dungeon queue. It's hard to give you an exact number because gear score is fairly inconsistent on equipment, depending on your class and spec choice, and then other things like gems and enchants that grant score but are not measured by the game.

The metric the game uses is average item level (which includes all slots your class can equip something in, including empty slots you don't have an item for yer). The average item level you want to shoot for is 180.

In terms of gear score, though, I've been told a decent approximation of when you can queue for heroics is somewhere around the ~3300 mark.

3. I have to believe that he was asking what GS is typical for people to allow you to join.

4. For HC, it is around 4.5k HoR, 4.3k ToC5/FoS/PoS (but you have to do FoS first), 3.6k other Wotlk HC. Ofc, as was said, GS is not a Blizzard thing, so there's no exact number. You need to change those crafted rare items for epic (epic 200 is better than rare 200). Farm emblems and 219 items in normal FoS/PoS/HoR, buy 226/232/245 items for emblems (you can change triumph for another 1:1). You can find some cheap items with high ilvl in auction, for example ilvl 264 mail legs/plate belt (INT) is always around 100-150 gold. Though easiest way would be to skip ilvl hunt for RDF and find group through chat, or guild.

5. My original question was specifically asking what Ilvl, or approximate gear score you needed to Queue up for Heroic dungeons with the dungeon finder. I am happy to say that i can now Queue up for them, but i did quite a bit of testing throughout the process.

I tested myself right after i made this post the other night, and adding up the ilvl of all of my items and divided by how many items slots (13) i was able to find i had an average Ilvl of 183 (rounded down) and i was not able to Queue for heroics.

I then took the YOLO route and purchased some really good rings off of the AH which boosted my Ilvl from 183 to 190. Once i hit 190 i was able to Queue for Heroics. My gearscore at this time was 3386, so i think what Mercy said about ~3300 gearscore is where you can get in to heroics, roughly.

The reason i asked the question in the frame of gearscore is because there is no addon for ilvl and it's obviously not in game officially, but i kept getting mixed signals on what is actually required. Some people told me i needed upwards of 4500 gearscore, and others told me i needed as low as 2500 and it was weird i couldn't Queue yet.

So for others who might read this in the future, my conclusion is that you need an average Ilvl of 190, which translates to ~3300-3400 gearscore before you can Queue up for Random and specific heroics through groupfinder. :)

6. I have to believe that he was asking what GS is typical for people to allow you to join.
    You don't need people's permission to solo-queue into a random dungeon though.

7. It has nothing to do with GS. you need itemlevel 187+ in every slot.

8. It has nothing to do with GS. you need itemlevel 187+ in every slot.
    Which means, for example, if i equip ilvl232 in every slot, except, let's say weapon (ilvl 174), i can't queue Nexus HC? Nah, i don't think so. You can queue HC even with some empty slots > no ilvl.
    Edited: December 22, 2018

9. Halls of Reflection is at 4.5K, FoS PoS around 4k, ofc Item level is a req but not for every slot its combined into GearScore which is the req for HC/RDF HC

10. All of the replies here other than Mercy's are terribly wrong, just ignore them.
    You need an average of 180ilvl items equipped. Items you're missing count as ilvl0, heirlooms count as ilvl1. Replace heirlooms asap, and buy some cheap greens off the ah where you have some old items.

11. Interestingly enough I have an average ilvl of 199 and can't queue for heroics. Even more interesting, last night I was spamming heroics - same gear (hell I upgraded a piece) - and now I can't queue. rip

Update: average ilvl 201 and still can't queue :)
    Edited: December 22, 2018

12. Interestingly enough I have an average ilvl of 199 and can't queue for heroics. Even more interesting, last night I was spamming heroics - same gear (hell I upgraded a piece) - and now I can't queue. rip

Update: average ilvl 201 and still can't queue :)
    link to armory please

13. Replaced a 154 trinket with a 170 ish trinket and it finally let me. But again, odd that it let me a couple days ago and then didn't.
    Edited: December 24, 2018