1. It's a "gift" not a payment.
    It is a gift and not a payment the same way it's a donation and not a payment, which is a ridiculous disconnect from reality. Anyways, they lost a frequent payer in my name. 2017 I donated about 450 and received 45 coins as a 10% reward. This year, I donated over 1,6k knowing that there will be at least SOME payback to the donation in the end of the year and received 69 as a 5% payback. This is what I call "the nonpunishable scam". Together with all other issues, I don't really think I will continue paying..

2. Happy New Year!

Guys dont be greedy - This is a GIFT and Warmane doesnt have to make you any gifts at all if they decide.If you dont like it then dont accept it and move on!Even if you recieve 1000 coins as a gift you will still complain that its too small and want more.

3. Happy New Year!

Guys dont be greedy - This is a GIFT and Warmane doesnt have to make you any gifts at all if they decide.If you dont like it then dont accept it and move on!Even if you recieve 1000 coins as a gift you will still complain that its too small and want more.
    When you go to the store and a label says: "buy 2 get 1 free" you really don't get the 1 for free, it's just that the value of the two you're buying is inflated so it feels like that. This is the exact same principle. Each donation has had a 10% value to be added by the end of the year ever since they introduced the 10% gift system. I donated a larger amount this year to benefit the most from that value which was ever so disgracefully ripped away. This account of mine received 10% gift bonus with a 160 donated value but my other account (capped on chars) received 5% to my 1380 donated value.

This is why the system is fraudulent. Because it is currently "buy 2 get 1 free but if you buy 12 get 3 free instead of 6" with the difference is there isn't even tiny text to say that.

Imagine going to work for Grandma Bertha, the sweet lady next door. You clear her lawn, her gutters, mow the grass, do the dishes and in the end of the day she gives you a nice slice of apple pie. This is the best apple pie you've had in your life! You'd kill for that apple pie and to have it again, you go there the next week. You see the beautiful apple pie cooling by the window and you work EXTRA hard and you do it with a passion. She never promised the pie, but you got it last time and surely, your work will be rewarded! You finish working and the crusted deliciousness is brought your way. You cut a small piece with your fork as joy overfills your soul and you take a bite off of it to taste her minced meat pie instead... You can't quite blame her... But you won't go working for grandma Bertha ever again...

4. When you go to the store and a label says: "buy 2 get 1 free" you really don't get the 1 for free, it's just that the value of the two you're buying is inflated so it feels like that. This is the exact same principle. Each donation has had a 10% value to be added by the end of the year ever since they introduced the 10% gift system. I donated a larger amount this year to benefit the most from that value which was ever so disgracefully ripped away. This account of mine received 10% gift bonus with a 160 donated value but my other account (capped on chars) received 5% to my 1380 donated value.

This is why the system is fraudulent. Because it is currently "buy 2 get 1 free but if you buy 12 get 3 free instead of 6" with the difference is there isn't even tiny text to say that.
    The difference is that they never specified that the gift is 10% or that it will be the same as last year. They never said that it will include coins at all. You just assumed that based on previous gifts. You can't compare that to a sign that clearly says that you are getting a specific item for free. When you donate, you get the amount of coins you see on donation window. There is no text saying that you will get additional 10% at the end of the year.

5. The difference is that they never specified that the gift is 10% or that it will be the same as last year. They never said that it will include coins at all. You just assumed that based on previous gifts. You can't compare that to a sign that clearly says that you are getting a specific item for free. When you donate, you get the amount of coins you see on donation window. There is no text saying that you will get additional 10% at the end of the year.
    Yeah mate, true that, just like Grandma Bertha never said that you'd get pie, even the first time around. That's why we as people are used to catch onto and recognize patterns. If one thing happens in 2016 and the same thing happens in 2017, you can kind of inspect for it to happen in 2018 as well. And the thing is that the gift is still 10%, just until a certain point where it caps. I checked my bank receipts, my total donations are 1510 across two accounts (140 on this one and 1370 on another). This one received 14 which is 10%, other one received 69 which is a rounded up (whee, thanks) 5%. Am I wrong for donating more expecting some value based on patterns I have recognized throughout the years?

6. Am I wrong for donating more expecting some value based on patterns I have recognized throughout the years?
    Yes, you are. Because then you aren't wanting to donate and receive gifts at the end of the year that may or may not be related to your donations, you are wanting to "invest" expecting "interest."

7. Yes, you are. Because then you aren't wanting to donate and receive gifts at the end of the year that may or may not be related to your donations, you are wanting to "invest" expecting "interest."
    No disrespect whatsoever, "invest" in your salary expecting "interest" in the form of an intangible currency. I can argue against the common narrative of "donations aren't payments" but even if we look at them as donations, if I donate to my local church and find out a week later that it starts practicing satanism, I will think twice about donating there in the future.. Feels like you peeps got the cheap way out with that 5% over 1,000.

Reward a person for contributing more? Nah!
    Cut it in half so he never does so again? Yes, this!

8. You're not being rewarded. You're receiving a gift.
    And people wonder why my opinion is there should just be no more gifts.

9. You're not being rewarded. You're receiving a gift.
    And people wonder why my opinion is there should just be no more gifts.
    Mate, it's not that I am complaining for receiving a gift. It's that the system that is in place for the gift's distribution is faulty and can lead people into basically scamming themselves. During 2017, I donated 450 euros for the server and received 45 coins as well as friends of mine, who received 10% of their donated value as well. Having a wide enough data pool of people, it became clear to me that the GIFT was 10% of the value. The thing is though, it still is. This current account has donated 140 and received 14. The problem is that if I had donated this 1500 euros over 3 accounts for 500 each, via your system, I'd have received 50 on each and this argument wouldn't have happened. It is commonly known that it is 10%, it's long not "may or may not be involved with donations". A friend with a donator status with no donation during 2018 received 0 coins, so it has something to do with the value.

As for your opinion that there shouldn't be any more gifts, I can understand your point and how a person with basic marketing knowledge would easily ridicule and cast it away. Suddenly not giving something that you used to give with equate to being labeled as "cheap" and breaking trust in the cause which is donating to warmane. More things that break the trust is providing no support for points bought items, for an example. Imagine a person checking the forum rules and reading: "nothing from the points store or in-game is eligible to support or refunds".

Your point of view is obvious: "if we answer to every ticket in-game about an accidentally vendored ring, we will be flooded with tickets and not have a second of free time" which is understandable. But you also have to think about other ways that must be perceived, f.e. "they don't care about anybody in the game until that person pays up money" and the success is when you manage to find the middle ground between the two.

You lost a HUGE chuck of the community and trust with the Neltharion fiasco and right now, the best move without a doubt is trying to make good face. Especially with the upcoming release of Retail Vanilla. Instead, what is perceived is: "Vanilla is coming so they are hoarding as much as they can get". I don't know who makes the executive decisions of the server but happens be I find out and they're willing, I'd give some free marketing tips as I don't want to see this place crumble as I'm unfortunately seeing it is.

10. Right, you're not complaining about receiving a gift... you're just complaining you didn't receive the gift you "counted" on and considering that not receiving a gift anymore would be labelable as "cheap," because not receiving gifts anymore would make you lose "trust." Whatever, really. You receive a gift - that you aren't entitled to anyway - which is based on donations made on the year in question as far as I know. I don't know if the percentage is static or based on something else, but nothing changes the simple fact it's a gift, not something owed to you. If you want to return the gifts you received, let me know and I will see if that can be arranged. Aside from that, enough of you complaining about, basically, not getting the toy you wanted, but a different one. Don't take this as a request or suggestion.

11. ITT: People being manchildren.

I've donated a fair amount above some of y'all and i received very little aswell, but alteast i got coins for free. If i go grocery shopping and pay for it, i don't expect to get **** back at the end of the year, maybe i get a discount code but i definitely do not get my money back or free groceries.

12. People complaining about not receiving the "coins" they "expect" should seriously shut up. Be grateful you received something. I'm really happy with my gift and would like to thank Warmane for it.

13. Last year Warmane gave us the digital equivalent of receiving socks as a Christmas gift. This year we basically got a card from that one family member that cares enough to write it out but not enough to put money in it. But alas, I am still sincerely thankful. Happy new year everyone.

14. Actually such a thing exists. They are called "Reward cards" or "Bonus cards". Anytime you go to your store of choice and purchase something. You have the option to swipe your card, and determined on what you purchased you will be rewarded with points when you swipe your card. You can use these points for as you say a discount. Or you can use it to purchase money on the card which you can then spend on items in your chosen store. It's a pretty okay good system. (I think you can win big prizes as well, so the incentive is there).

15. To be honest I dont see the reason of those giftings, especially of the points gifting when they are useless even for non-premium accounts. I believe new type of gesture of holiday season arrival could be made from Warmane staff. Open point shop for example with some exotic items, specific mounts, higher ilvl items (ICC non heroic even, why not?), transmog items, consumables etc. Like in the old days but just for short period of time. One week, two weeks? Specific days with different marketplace list options.

First ... 61415161718 Last