1. Well.

Well .. let's discuss ... A lot of ppl stated here that Icecrown profits from shop, that we can see here 12k pop, and a lot of ppl are stucked in queue, so there surely wont be problem with population when everything in shop will be released. To this day is opposite still truth. By each content shop release a some amount of players have stopped to play. BUT still there are not SWP items in shop. My humble question is : Do you really think that Outland will experience comeback of 10k players when they sudenly allow us to buy SWP items, trinkets and weps include ? My answer is Definitelly NO! What's yours ?

2. Well .. let's discuss ... A lot of ppl stated here that Icecrown profits from shop, that we can see here 12k pop, and a lot of ppl are stucked in queue, so there surely wont be problem with population when everything in shop will be released. To this day is opposite still truth. By each content shop release a some amount of players have stopped to play. BUT still there are not SWP items in shop. My humble question is : Do you really think that Outland will experience comeback of 10k players when they sudenly allow us to buy SWP items, trinkets and weps include ? My answer is Definitelly NO! What's yours ?
    No. TBC players are not the same as Wrath players.

3. I guess the trend nowadays is to release servers with no gear shop.
    Outland didn't follow this trend and maybe that's the big mistake that led to the population drop.
    On the other hand Medivh had no gear shop and was still no success.
    Maybe TBC is just a doomed xpac...

I'm a bit concerned now about what gonna happen to the arena activity once s4 gear is in the shop.
    Do you think 3s and 5s will survive this?
    Edited: December 23, 2018

4. 2 month ago Outland had 6k peaks, month ago it was 4.5km now barely 3.5. I think in a month only 1k bots will remain

5. Hello fellas from TBC. I am a wrath player and i randomly saw this thread and a question popped in my head. Might be a stupid one but - Do you think there is a chance for your realm to .. Die? And if this happen(i hope not) what are the people going to do? Quit or maybe move to Wrath? I am asking because a few months ago the population in Outland was like... IDK maybe 6-7k(peak) BUT now i see Icecrown 1500 queue but Outland has 3500 people online.. :(

6. I guess the trend nowadays is to release servers with no gear shop.
    Outland didn't follow this trend and maybe that's the big mistake that led to the population drop.
    On the other hand Medivh had no gear shop and was still no success.
    Maybe TBC is just a doomed xpac...

I'm a bit concerned now about what gonna happen to the arena activity once s4 gear is in the shop.
    Do you think 3s and 5s will survive this?
    We could argue walls of text about how s4 in shop would affect arena activity...
    But the fact is that it would just decrease high rating activity (since there is less need for it right?) then more toxic behaviours like full brutal geared ppl queueing at 1500 (as it's already happening ...) because they just want fast queues !

7. IMO, the most profitable long-term TBC setup would have been x5, with a cosmetic-only shop (and paid race changes etc)

"And if this happen(i hope not) what are the people going to do?"
    classic retail probably

8. IMO, the most profitable long-term TBC setup would have been x5, with a cosmetic-only shop (and paid race changes etc
    There would be also alternative way, let people to buy all gear they want but increase coin price of these items by 3-5x of current price.

9. This happens to every non-retail server, and to be honest Warmane with 3.5k players when SWP' been out for that long is quite good. All this doom-and-gloom like its a new thing...
    These servers go through the same cycle - ppl rush in to hit max level, progress through T4-5 and then either hit a wall or clear all the content. Cash shop or not it has nothing to do with people just...getting bored of a 12 years old game and content they have done on 5-6 servers which is the SAME content.

10. There are a few problems that come to mind.
    1. TBC PvE is a lot less casual than wotlk a lot more preparation goes into it in order to be successful, so putting those items in the shop impacts tbc a lot more than wotlk.
    2. Imo the reason that Medihv didnt work out had nothing to do with the server itself, but rather the timing of release if you think about it at that time there was pretty much no decent tbc server around, then Outland opened and people were hyped there was like 15k players online and a queue of another 3k or so in the beginning, a few weeks later (approx by the time a majority of the players hit 70 and started to grind up their reps and professions) Medihv was released.
    The Problem here was likely that a lot of people didnt rly see the point of repeating the grind work there when they were just about done with the initial struggle of leveling and gearing up for raids/Arenas on Outland.
    3. Duels, duels are an important part of PvP in wow especially so for older Expansions Elwyn forest, Dun Morog and Durotar have been established duel zones for as long as I can remember playing this game, yet for some reason this is not a thing on Outland, nor is any effort put into getting it going, which as I can imagine puts a lot of pvp players off as if you're not interested in pve it would usually what you'd do when you dont play BG's / Arenas as a pvp player.

11. 2. Imo the reason that Medihv didnt work out had nothing to do with the server itself, but rather the timing of release if you think about it at that time there was pretty much no decent tbc server around, then Outland opened and people were hyped there was like 15k players online and a queue of another 3k or so in the beginning, a few weeks later (approx by the time a majority of the players hit 70 and started to grind up their reps and professions) Medihv was released.
    The Problem here was likely that a lot of people didnt rly see the point of repeating the grind work there when they were just about done with the initial struggle of leveling and gearing up for raids/Arenas on Outland.
    There were still plenty of players on Medivh.
    At some point during the hype Medivh and Outland were both capped with 15k players.

Warmanes TBC playerbase shrinked from +30k at peak time down to 3k.
    9/10 left TBC. It's so sad...

12. There were still plenty of players on Medivh.
    At some point during the hype Medivh and Outland were both capped with 15k players.

Warmanes TBC playerbase shrinked from +30k at peak time down to 3k.
    9/10 left TBC. It's so sad...
    This entire post is nonsense. Medivh never had more than 4k or 5k people on at one time.

Also, to the seriousname, you have to take into account the other 1x, no cash-shop TBC servers that have released after Medivh did (all of which are also dead now) which directly competed with Medivh and not with Outland. Every time one of those opened, Medivh lost a huge chunk of players and never gained them back.

13. They have to make a season system that with a server reset every year.

14. This entire post is nonsense. Medivh never had more than 4k or 5k people on at one time.
    You better be sure before you call somebodys words "nonsense".
    During the TBC hype it happend like once or twice that Medivh was full and had queue because all the Nost players swarmed on Warmane.
    That was Warmanes absolute population record across all realms.
    Afterwards the pop of Medivh went rapidly down.
    Edited: December 28, 2018

12 Last