1. "How are battlegrounds very good now?"

First things i have in my mind...
    - We have all 6 active battlegrounds now. Most important point, if only 2 was the alternative.
    - Better gear balance. For example WsG's i've played this far ended few times in a draw after balancing.
    - I don't need to farm 2.k -4k players (i'm 5.7k).
    - We have now variety of opponents. Not only few players repeating faction balance of current day in WsG.
    - Graz for new battlemasters btw. Achievements are now obtainable.
    - If you ask i make this list longer :D

- If i said "Very good" it is not equal "great" not to mention "perfect" .
    How the hell it could be even possible to have great or perfect BG's in this different rates and gearing rules mess, and same time Lordaeron 6 active BG's?
    Give me ONE alternative option?

Arenas are ****ed up sabotaged at 1300-1800 area because of mmr droppers, and HC BiS players from first game if not other Lordaeron team in queue. This rating area is most important for decent gearing for current BG's. I don't give a flying **** what you guys are doing upper ladder. Trade, mmr ddropping, mostly War/pala comps with smournes, and scripted ****. It's even easier now mmr drop and trade because we can't even view those rating area games or teams in armory atm. Try pull the "skill" card here :D

As in the real world, the dominant controlling elite, seeks to preserve its power. And it was so easy in this " insulated village" before crossrealm. A large part of current Lordaeron players don't even know about better, blinded for the fact things were twisted. Elitism done good work here. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Now we have here mostly dungeon geared players wondering what happened, and how we get rekt in BG's. Simultaneously a handful of elite core members polish fancy ICC gear, crying they have no chance anymore even in full Wrathful gear against donors: D

This does not apply to players who actively participating in battlegrounds. Their perspective is healthy and opinions really meaningful imo.

- Sibe -
    - Sibeicc -
    I do not care even a bit about battle ground achievements or the variety of battlegrounds I play. When I enter a bg, I do so to get some good fights tbh. With the average gs being 6.3k+ there is just so way this is going to happen. Wotlk PvP is very fast and just not balanced around everyone being BIS, espacially since there are basically never any (decent) healers in bgs. I don't measure bg balance on winrates, I measure it on how much of an impact you can have as a skilled player.
    Example: 6lvl 70s + 4lvl 80s vs. 6lvl 70s + 4lvl 80s is a balanced bg in your opinion, while it should be clear to everyone that that would just be crap to play as lvl 70 player
    In arenas you can have an impact as good player with bad gear in most cases, since the BIS players you face at 1.5k mostly have no clue what they are doing. This ofc has exceptions, because not every specc has a possibilty to prevent getting charge -> rolfstormed or getting killed by 45IQ rogues with killing spree as opener.
    Overall arena is way more enjoyable than bgs as 5.6k (mainly pve)lord player, even though I always smile when the gates open and see another team from my server

2. I do not care even a bit about battle ground achievements or the variety of battlegrounds I play. When I enter a bg, I do so to get some good fights tbh. With the average gs being 6.3k+ there is just so way this is going to happen. Wotlk PvP is very fast and just not balanced around everyone being BIS, espacially since there are basically never any (decent) healers in bgs. I don't measure bg balance on winrates, I measure it on how much of an impact you can have as a skilled player.
    Example: 6lvl 70s + 4lvl 80s vs. 6lvl 70s + 4lvl 80s is a balanced bg in your opinion, while it should be clear to everyone that that would just be crap to play as lvl 70 player
    In arenas you can have an impact as good player with bad gear in most cases, since the BIS players you face at 1.5k mostly have no clue what they are doing. This ofc has exceptions, because not every specc has a possibilty to prevent getting charge -> rolfstormed or getting killed by 45IQ rogues with killing spree as opener.
    Overall arena is way more enjoyable than bgs as 5.6k (mainly pve)lord player, even though I always smile when the gates open and see another team from my server
    You just wrote definition for one kind of stereotype player. It's like i say: "I don't care if ICC was only 4 bosses, i just wan't stairs rep farms for ring and recipes". Thank you for your honesty tho. And very interesting view about arenas really. It would be nice if we could have your in-game 5.6k charachter name here, whos talking. otherwise there may be a misunderstanding, and the confusion between the nickname character who doesn't "step into the arena" and the carachter you represent.
    Like i wrote in my posting above: "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king". And i've seen here many Kings in disguise, behind the forum nicknames :)

- Sibe -
    Edited: March 8, 2019

3. The state of pvp on lordaeron was great and fun before the merge was implemented, clueless people from icecrown keep saying we had long queue times before have no idea what they are talking about.. They are so much longer queue times nowdays and no enjoyment anymore. And yes, seeing the same few veterans in BGs over and over is a healthy thing, it keeps the pvp community more alive and interactive.

4. The state of pvp on lordaeron was great and fun before the merge was implemented, clueless people from icecrown keep saying we had long queue times before have no idea what they are talking about.. They are so much longer queue times nowdays and no enjoyment anymore. And yes, seeing the same few veterans in BGs over and over is a healthy thing, it keeps the pvp community more alive and interactive.
    I am very sorry, but my definition for "great and fun" is very different. You favor lack of the content. 2 battlegrounds instead all 6 .
    Queuetime was never THE issue.

- Sibe -

5. You just wrote definition for one kind of stereotype player. It's like i say: "I don't care if ICC was only 4 bosses, i just wan't stairs rep farms for ring and recipes". Thank you for your honesty tho. And very interesting view about arenas really. It would be nice if we could have your in-game 5.6k charachter name here, whos talking. otherwise there may be a misunderstanding, and the confusion between the nickname character who doesn't "step into the arena" and the carachter you represent.
    Like i wrote in my posting above: "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king". And i've seen here many Kings in disguise, behind the forum nicknames :)

- Sibe -
    Hey, sry for the late reply but I didn't check this post for too long and I got banned in the meanwhile for replying to someone in the mercanary post who said that horde racials were better, but whatever here I am.

My ingame char is Imnotadk - Lordaeron. My intent of this nickname in the forum was not to hide my identitiy, it's just the name of my old main from Blizzard servers and I figured this to be the most representative name for me when I created this account here. I still have some rbg and arena matches uploaded to youtube (at 2-2.3k rating I think) under this name, if you want me to backup my claims, I can give you a link.

to follow your icc analogy: it is a good thing that icc offers something for every kind of player and it would be really unfortunate if a future patch would make one of the different ways to play icc completely unfun and frustrating.
    I am that kind of player who plays a game for fun (mindblowing, I know) and that should be a priority in terms of game design imo. I know that there are players who just enjoy leeching honor in bgs and just care about quetime and winrates, but these players fortunately aren't the only ones in this game, but they are the only ones who like this merge (and only if they are alliance players)

6. Hey, sry for the late reply but I didn't check this post for too long and I got banned in the meanwhile for replying to someone in the mercanary post who said that horde racials were better, but whatever here I am.

My ingame char is Imnotadk - Lordaeron. My intent of this nickname in the forum was not to hide my identitiy, it's just the name of my old main from Blizzard servers and I figured this to be the most representative name for me when I created this account here. I still have some rbg and arena matches uploaded to youtube (at 2-2.3k rating I think) under this name, if you want me to backup my claims, I can give you a link.

to follow your icc analogy: it is a good thing that icc offers something for every kind of player and it would be really unfortunate if a future patch would make one of the different ways to play icc completely unfun and frustrating.
    I am that kind of player who plays a game for fun (mindblowing, I know) and that should be a priority in terms of game design imo. I know that there are players who just enjoy leeching honor in bgs and just care about quetime and winrates, but these players fortunately aren't the only ones in this game, but they are the only ones who like this merge (and only if they are alliance players)
    Nice to meet you Imnotadk . I really appreciate. It's somewhat easier to understand the perspectives and views of the speakers if you know their ingame characters.

Warrior 5.6k, Horde PuGs battlegrounds... I feel sympathy for you really. Crossrealm seems to be hardest step for melee plate charachters, for understandable reasons.

Great if the arena feels reasonable. Still impossible to get past 1500 rating I guess? It was pre-xrealm becouse not enough playerbase for climb up ladder, and mmr droppers. Now post-xrealm too many BiS / much better geared teams from the first game.

P.S about racials you mentioned.. Alone Orc Stun resist % passive racial is quite OP. maby combine with metagem for more ?

- Sibe -

7. Nice to meet you Imnotadk . I really appreciate. It's somewhat easier to understand the perspectives and views of the speakers if you know their ingame characters.

Warrior 5.6k, Horde PuGs battlegrounds... I feel sympathy for you really. Crossrealm seems to be hardest step for melee plate charachters, for understandable reasons.

Great if the arena feels reasonable. Still impossible to get past 1500 rating I guess? It was pre-xrealm becouse not enough playerbase for climb up ladder, and mmr droppers. Now post-xrealm too many BiS / much better geared teams from the first game.

P.S about racials you mentioned.. Alone Orc Stun resist % passive racial is quite OP. maby combine with metagem for more ?

- Sibe -
    Yes, Battlegrounds are really a pain. My teammate in 2s is another warrior with comparable gear and we got to like 1530 max rating. I could probably make it into the 1800 range with a good healpaladin, but at this point I don't really see a point in trying to seriously push rating as horde lordaeron player, so I rather stick to double warrior at 1400-1500 mmr since it is a quite fun combo to play. Considering my past, I really couldn't care less if I am stuck at 1300 or 1800 rating, so I might aswell just go in there for fun and maybe help my mate to get the rating he wants (1600 for that chest would help him quite a bit)
    And yes, orc would definitely be the better choice for pvp and probably pve aswell, since undead warrior is a really bad combination (I never intended to level this, it just kind of happened out of boredom). If I could switch race for points, I would probably do it now, but I am not going to spend real money on my character to make it slightly better while I am still at a huge disadvantage in whatever bg or arena match I play. Min-maxing my character just does not feel worth it at all, since the only way I can compete is by outplaying anyways

8. As IC player and Ex-Lorderon I totally understand your frustrating playing cross-realm arena in this situation...IMHO IC and Blackrock deserve to have the arenas shared, Lorderon absolutly NOT! Weeks and weeks of farming to get stomped in 25 seconds in arenas....

9. blackrock players are very unhappy with the merge and warmane should take swift judgement towards fixing mmr. Lots of ppl have already left for another server that i wont mention and even hardcore warmane players like me are considering moving.

10. I actually finally found the thing to do!! Ever since cross realm 20min BG queues on 6k+ Gear I was so let down by eat I stopped playing on my main for like 1 month ... then tonight I got idea ... logged back on my old char on Lordareon and killed lowbies in Tanaris and UnGoro on Lord (since 1x realm = full zones) :D

So much fun! :D So thanks for cross realm time to Gang Horde ... poor guys ... :D

11. I agree that it is bad for Lordaeron. it's just unfair and it gives an unnatural imbalance to the factions.

12. I agree with OP, Crossrealm was a terrible idea, I just came back after a long time not playing and since Xrealm happened, I have no more fun playing PVP against 90% Icecrown players... Thinking about stopping playing only because of this

13. I agree that it is bad for Lordaeron. it's just unfair and it gives an unnatural imbalance to the factions.
    Fix is coming:
    We intend to utilize the Alliance faction players from Blackrock as Horde players. This should relieve the issue whilst not changing anything on Icecrown and Lordaeron.
    -----

I agree with OP, Crossrealm was a terrible idea, I just came back after a long time not playing and since Xrealm happened, I have no more fun playing PVP against 90% Icecrown players... Thinking about stopping playing only because of this
    Blackrock or Icecrown is better for casual PvP fun. Lordaeron is 1 x rate hardcore PvE realm with challenging raid content. Why PvP should be handicap, lack of the content, 2 battlegrounds instead of 6. and short of players? That is only alternative option. You have better idea for?

Battlegrounds are fun atm. I agree what comes to arenas, it's unfair and gearing (above 5.5k. PvP) for Battlegrounds is impossible in current system for Lordaeron players.

- Sibe -
    Edited: April 1, 2019

14. Arenas have never been popular on Lordaeron after ToC released. But now people say whats the point. This crossrealm queue vs. 284 BiS and purple whirlwind vendor players is bullsh*t.

15. It's a shame... Lordaeron was positioned as a 'blizzlike'-server. I want to obtain some gear on BG's (i'm not green or naked, have decent pve-items and some pvp), but what i see - 95% of players just killing me with 2-3 GCD's. I'm doner and have char on Icecrown with some juicy bought items, but im usually playing on Lordaeron, its a rest for my soul. But i must play with not even doners but the guys who got decent PVP-gear just for nothing.

BG's always was alive and fun on Lordaeron. I don't think Icecrown and Blackrock players needed our small pvp-part of community.
    Arenas was dead, so it's a very nice that our players can face different teams and push 'real' ratings. But BG's are for fun and gearing first of all.

So, can you share just arenas, but not BG's? Its fair.

First ... 5678 Last