1. Best Spec PVE DPS

Hello guys, i'm gearing my tank dk for an OS as mdps and i have seen a lot of posts here that says Frost/Unholy/Blood (now that it works as intended) are the best as dps. I guess someone has to be mistaken but i wanted your opinions on the subject.

I understand Frost is the best single target in short fights, unholy the best aoe and blood the best single target long fights. Is this correct? And talking about raid utility, Frost brings the melee haste buff for the raid and unholy the one for warlocks and priests, what brings blood?

2. Frost has higher dps then both other specs (except maybe at bis gear ? someone can correct me if smourne changes that)
    Unholy has good aoe & decent single target damage
    Blood has good single target dps at very very high gear but is relatively **** during all other stages of gearing

buffs:
    UH brings disease dmg increase (unique) & 13% damage taken from spells, not stackable with boomy
    Frost brings 20% melee haste, not stackable with enhancement shammy
    Blood brings 10% ap, not stackable with enhancement/MM hunter

My opinion: if you do lot of 10 man, you probably dont use enhancement shammy, so pick frost because melee haste is a huge boost
    if you do mostly 25 man, go for UH or Frost depending on whichever gameplay you like, both are good
    I advise you to not go blood since it's offspec, blood needs a ****ton of gear to work
    Edited: December 28, 2018

3. I understand Frost is the best single target in short fights, unholy the best aoe and blood the best single target long fights. Is this correct? And talking about raid utility, Frost brings the melee haste buff for the raid and unholy the one for warlocks and priests, what brings blood?
    The only chance blood has of being top in a well made and all-round competent group (not the average lod farming guild on IC) is on a very short fight. Blood has a superb burst, but drops significantly after that to a decent sustained dps. The thing is that Frost has an execute phase. The longer that phase is up for along with the more targets that there are where this phase is taken into account (LK ragings for example, there's almost no other spec that can match the sniping potential of frost on ragings) the better frost becomes.

As for the buffs Blood brings nothing that wouldn't be brought otherwise since hunters are just extremely useful for a variety of things. The same can be said of the other two specs I suppose, however, unholy can spread the magic defull to infinite targets and frost takes up a single slot while offering extreme damage potential, at bis/close to bis.
    Edited: December 28, 2018

4. Frost is the best spec you can go for at low gear, and it shines the most if the fight lasts, especially if the phase below 35% is long.

Unholy is a great spec to go to if you have Shadowmourne, and if you need some constant aoe pressure.

Blood is a waste of a raid spot and should not be even played as a DPS, unless you want to have "fun" (dont want to insult them Blood wanabeprodps pleyurs).

Bottom line is, it all depends on what you want to focus.
    If you are doing a lot of pugs and RDF, you should try to maximise threat and go for both auras to help the raid reach those buffs/debuffs it needs to maximise dps:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...xxxVM0z:pmiM0V

As for your offspec, there are 2 options.
    You should go for the Frost offspec, to bring the same aura (20% haste) to the raid, if your focus is ToC and ICC 10m:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jzZ...ofM0hxc:pakmMV

If your focus is dungeon farm, Unholy could be better:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#jZG...zLbuIqo:obsMVm
    But if you go for Imp Unholy Presence talent (for the presence you should always be in while clearing dungeons as both Frost and Unholy DPS), this might not be the best choice for raids.

Just try not to be a hero and avoid playing blood as DPS and you should be fine, w/e u chose as your offspec (Frost or Unholy).

5. Talk to your guild leader and pick whichever is missing and what kind of raids you are doing (10 or 25). Frost is always needed, however unholy has guaranteed spot only in 25man. It is very "meh" in 10man, but there are raid comps where it works very good, for example, sp+uh+blood tank with icy talons aura(no boomy, no warlock).