1. A weird pet and an insane dps.

Today while I was raiding on my DK I took a look at recount and saw something weird: There was a hunter pet doing around 15 to 17% of total hunter's DPS, as most of you know normally pets do from 6% to 10% as top on Marksman spec ( depending on crits and procs).
    I was amazed by it and decided to take a deeper look onto it: 95% of the pet damage was only coming from melee attacks and the 5% that is left was on the specific spammeable attack those kind of pets have. Is good to be mentioned that this specific pet didn't had any buff that could be seen to increase damage or whatsoever.
    Went on the armory and the MM hunter had the regular 7/54/10 that any hunter takes onto end game building and going for explosive trap glyph, there's nothing weird about it and I guess that his pet talents must be pretty mush the same ( being regular).
    The pet was indeed a bird of prey, I'm guessing that you can find it on Northend since it was a white eagle. I just wanted to know if there's any build that I never knew/ looked to boost your pet damage in that kind of way or if it is a bug that this guy just found and is exploiting.
    Anyways thanks for reading the post and I hope anyone has the answer to this, since it is clearly unfair to dps race a player which has a pet that does 2x times my pet damage.

2. Incresing pet dmg = Lowering hunter dmg. Idk about that bird of prey no need to dive deep.

1- Hunter is slacking
    2- Hunter is orc
    3- Hunter doesnt benefit from pet as it benefits from wolf
    4- All above.
    5- All above +unseen things.

He/She would do more dps with a wolf pet.

3. Incresing pet dmg = Lowering hunter dmg. Idk about that bird of prey no need to dive deep.

1- Hunter is slacking
    2- Hunter is orc
    3- Hunter doesnt benefit from pet as it benefits from wolf
    4- All above.
    5- All above +unseen things.

He/She would do more dps with a wolf pet.
    Still doesn't explain the dmg.

4. do you remember what was the dps of pet and the dps of hunter, the abilities he use the most, would help too, in order to see what is happening there. And it could explain the high % of pet damage in comparison to hunter's.

5. What kind of pet ?
    If it's corehound - can easy report him for abuse.
    There are few species with abilities/damage remains after taming.

One russian ***** was using this pet for pvp and got deleted.
    Edited: December 28, 2018

6. We were @ LoD he did 16k and ended 4th when we finished, and peaked 24-25k , he wasn't clearly slacking. For example on Festergut he did 18k dps, so slacking ain't an option. He was troll, so there is not any racial involved. It is known that wolf is the best pet for a hunter on WotLK, but he was using a bird of prey for any reason.

7. The dps was a bit more than a usual BiS hunter dps (17-19K on static fights) just because of the pet, the rotation was normal, the only weird thing was the pet damage and the 95% of that damage coming only from melee attacks. He was using a brid of prey, not a core hound. And I don't remember pet DPS but it was over my ghoul which is glyphed so I think about 2.5 to 3k.

8. The dps was a bit more than a usual BiS hunter dps (17-19K on static fights) just because of the pet, the rotation was normal, the only weird thing was the pet damage and the 95% of that damage coming only from melee attacks. He was using a brid of prey, not a core hound. And I don't remember pet DPS but it was over my ghoul which is glyphed so I think about 2.5 to 3k.
    17-19k static isnt unusual, yet Im going to tame a bird of prey to see whats going on. Will write later.

Btw, was it this bird https://www.wowhead.com/npc=32481/aotona or a regular one.

9. 17-19k static isnt unusual, yet Im going to tame a bird of prey to see whats going on. Will write later.

Btw, was it this bird https://www.wowhead.com/npc=32481/aotona or a regular one.
    Was just a regular white eagle, I tamed one of them already and didn't found anything that can boost their damage in that way. And I meant 17-19k as usual for a bis hunter with a normal pet, this guy does a bit more.

10. What was the name of the Hunter, and those DPS numbers are basic numbers for hunter, atleast used to be when i played (months ago).

11. Does anyone know is every Bird of Prey affected by this Bug or exclusively the ones tamed at VDW trash inside ICC ?

12. No , its not weird, there are a new bug on Hunter's pet , they basically tame the "Bird of Prey" and they increase their dps x3 on pet .
    I reported this already with my recount up ,
    Warmane said they are going to take care of it...
    Lets see...

13. I think today it was finally fixed, seen a hunt with that pet and it did the normal 60% melee 40% claw. And overall 7% of hunter's total DPS.

14. What kind of pet ?
    If it's corehound - can easy report him for abuse.
    There are few species with abilities/damage remains after taming.

One russian ***** was using this pet for pvp and got deleted.
    Thats Warmane's fault not to fix them.

15. I've seen weirdest issues in Recount hunters pet reports. Pet abilities , dmg is not 100% worth of trust imo. For example sometimes in raid like WG shows "Demo" as pet, and last summened pet could be snakes of trap lol. We know combatlog is ****ed up big time, and fixing this issue with tweaks alredy... So it could be combatlog/recount related temporary issues also.

12 Last