1. Rolling enhancement for wpvp bgs and 2s! Good or bad?

I like the feel of the class, now what about the potential of it and skillcap to be good at it?

Could the seasoned veterans of enhancement shamans write down some knowledge for example; where does the spec shine, what are its flaws and what most interests me is the tactics vs other classes in duels and the general thoughts behind enha pvp. I know there are some guides already there, but I feel they are out of date and thats why I am opening this topic.

2. It's no secret that Enh is at the lower end in PvP.
    Beeing a squishy melee with close to no aoe dmg and not the best single target dmg, makes it probably the weakest spec for BGs or any large scale battle.

On the other hand Enh is a versatile spec with many tools to kite opponents and to avoid their spells. Paired with the healing of maelstorm, it makes him a pretty strong spec for 1v1.

In terms of arena Enh shami works good with bm hunter and hpala in 3s and bm hunter, hpala or disc priest in 2s.
    He performs the best when highend PvE gear isn't available in the meta because due to his low survivability he has to use more pvp gear than other classes.
    BM hunter, his best arena partner, performs also better in a meta w/o highend pve gear.

It's also worth to mention that Enh shami performs better on the Blackrock core than on the Icecrown core because the spirit wolves have several bugs.
    Edited: January 4, 2019

3. Wotlk enh shines against casters. And well... that's hard to tell here at ShadowMane, mostly because warrs and UHDK hard counter enh on BiS.
    That being said, Enh is quite versatile, the spec has a lot of utility on its kit, fire resistance, frost resistance, nature resistance, armor, WotF in a totem, Escape artist in a totem, a root, a stun (pets), a low CD 30% dmg reduction, the possibility to cast more than one instant spell, either a poly, heal or damage spell. Of course you need to pray the RNG gods to get the last one, btw, always try to get a white hit before Stormstrike.

Now 1v1 it depends on the class, there is not a cookie cutter strat, most of time you want to get stoneclaw totem up to get the shield and then replacing it to any other earth totem, tremor, earthbind, stoneskin.
    Let's say you're facing a DK, you want to get both, stoneclaw and grounding totems before you drop any other set of totems, I do have both of them on call of the spirits, and then I drop call of the elements: stoneskin, searing, cleansing, and nature resistance (gargoyle does nature dmg, so remember to drop it again every time you use grounding totem)
    You don't want to use earthbind totem, it doesn't clean the desecration slow but you still have ghost wolf and feral spirits' buff and if you want to slow him you have frost shock/weapon imbue, as well you don't want to cast any spell before outrange them and placing grounding.

And so on and so on, about talents and a reliable build, it is based on your own experience, there are shamans who like [static shock], I don't, those are three talent points you could place on getting more hit chance if you are focusing on pvp gear and not any pve piece, there are many who like [lava leash], I don't, a 2-3k crit is terrible and a waste of GCD, but that's my opinion based on my own experience so taking lava is ok, I do like [reverberation] but 5 points to get 1sec of cooldown on two of the spells you will be using the most is not that great as it sound, same thing on [guardian totems] but it all depends on how you play it. There is no such a thing as "enh shaman build" appart from the talents before dual wield.

But as you said, if you want to roll on random BG's just get a decent 2H, get armorpen and just see by yourself, it is really fun to get a 15k hit on a random cloth
    Edited: February 3, 2019