1. [Guide] Shadow priest end-game guide by Ubi x

Hello and welcome to my guide. I play on Icecrown server and you might know me as Ubipromaja, or just Ubi. I will be talking about boss fights that last 2 and more minutes, for end-game content from my point of view. I won't be talking about gear, talent, glyphs, etc. and stuff you can find everywhere on google when you type 'shadow priest 3.3.5 pve guide' . So lets begin, shall we?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* This is what will I consider in my guide:
    1. Shortly about class, gear, rotation, variation in gear, etc.
    2. Stats and their importance, proffesions
    3. My vision of what actually matters for good dps
    4. Haste rotation and usage of buffs
    5. Small but useful things I have; Things I think of while I raid
    6. Random macros

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** 1. Shortly about class, gear, rotation, etc.

I love to play shadow priest, my second love in game as class after mage. I like how much damage it can do (even if it had bug for long time) and the way they work. As you probably know you should have 4/5 T10 , proper sp trinkets (Bis = lich + cts), talents for 4/5 t10.
    All of this you can find on my armory: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

I always start my rotation with
    Vampiric touch > Devouring plague > Mind flay > Shadow word: Pain > Mind flays.
    Reason we do this is so you can apply Shadow word: Pain while [Shadow Weaving] talent is stacked 5/5 (Increases shadow damage by 2% per stack).
    Try NEVER EVER to clip dots, as last tick is on end of spell. Try to renew your VT when expiering one is 1 sec or less to expiere. By this I mean, if you have 1.5 of VT on target you will NOT cast another one (I consider that your VT cast time will be 1sec). You will do another mind flay and then VT. You will do VT if VT is on for example 0.9 sec to end. Hoooh... Hope you got that.

There is variations in builds/gear for example : choker + valanar ring / amulet + rapid ring, should you use plague pants from Festergut or plague hands from GSB. For me personaly this doesnt matter since in the end you will end up with difference of few sp or crit or hit or haste wich doesnt pay off to chase item if you already have alternative. I will also note out that there is build where you use Choker + Lord Marrow ring, and gemming few haste gems. That way you can get exacly 1269 (soft haste cap) and exacly 11% hit. I did not try this out, but it is up to you. (I'm lazy to do it).

** 2. Stats and their importance, proffesions.

Stat priority is :

Hit = 289 (11%) <---- mandatory
    Haste = 1269 (soft cap) <---- mandatory
    SP = as much as possible
    Spirit
    Intelect

I dont like to go for 1400 as you loose sp and it doesnt pay of, tested. Useful proffesions for us are : Tailoring, Enchanting, Inscription, Blacksmithing, Engineering, Jewelcrafting, Leatherworking.
    Most of them will give you flat SP buff, except engineering wich gives you 340 haste for 12 sec (1m CD). I suggest engineering on every class and spec, so it doenst really matter wich other proffesion you will go. Shadow priests have very weak escape mechanisms when it comes to movement so I highly recommand it. Plus it will boost your dps more than any other proffesion. If you really care about every single SP you can pull out (wich you should), take Jewelcrafting (as it gives +3 SP than any other proffesion).

** 3. My vision of what actually matters for good dps

Okay, listen. Your gear wont matter after you reach 6.2k gs, this includes 4/5 t10, proper trinkets, hit and haste cap, fully enchanted, gemmed, properly talented and glyphed. I will use term gap or empty walk (I forgot real name for this, remind me please).
    What I mean by this is how you manage to fill up gaps that you make while you move or while you're slowed, casting time slowed etc.

Lets think logically. As a caster, source of your dps is while you cast, wich means not moving. So less you move = more dmg will you make.
    Movement and spot on map will come with time and practice. Only if you care enough about it, ofc. You will figgure out yourself eventually.
    While you move this is where gap comes as you cannot do mind flays. When I'm moving I always do another DP as it has instant tick on cast. Wich means aprox. 5k dmg per GCD. I also recommend using pet while you move ,if it is 5+ minute fights with alot of movement, use while you're on <70% mana. Spamming DP on long fights will drain your mana pretty quick but sielently. Take care.
    If you have to move, use it in your advantage! While you move, you're thinking about spamming only 1 button, wich is perfect for looking what is happening around you and positioning yourself even better. Take it as something you want to do, not as a must. You can practice awarnase of raid and your own position even while you cast VT or spam MFs. Think one step in front and you will see improvement.

** 4. Haste rotation and usage of buffs

Haste is important and crucial dps booster. Things you wanna use/have besides BL are:
    Troll - berserk buff (20% haste for 10 sec, 3m CD),
    Engineering - gloves enchant (340 haste for 12 sec, 1m CD)
    Haste / spell power potions
    Power infusion

On opening most of fights you will have BL at start. If you pot and pre-pot, you will do it sec before fights starts. As the fight starts in most of cases I use berserking after pot goes off. Your gloves usage is important and you should use it whenever you know you will be dpsing hard for next 12 sec.
    But since your berserk has 3m CD, you need to organize it better. What I mean by this is; if fights lasts for 4 or 5 minutes, you dont wanna pop your berserk at 3rd minute of fight. By the time berserk comes to cd, fight will be over. Same goes for long fights like LoD, or situational fights like Halion. It is great CD, use it best you can.
    Power infusion is excellent buff, 30% better than berserk. I'm always greatful when disci is trowing it to me and I use most of it. Ask for it nicely :)

Never try to use all of your haste CDs at once. If your cast time on MF drops < 1 second, you're wasting haste buff.

Some other useful spells that will help you and your raid members,and examples of use. BE USEFUL !!
    - Power word: shield = Obvious reasons
    - Hymn of hope = Obvious reasons. It also gives you bigger mana pool, smart to use together with mana tide
    - Divine Hymn = Useful spell if healers are dead and its tight. Also gives 10% stronger healing on members. Use it when healers pop BL on VDW.
    - Engineering boots enchant = Best gadget in game, great for positioning, escaping tight spots etc.
    - Mass Dispel = Obvious reasons
    - Fear Ward = Obvious reasons
    - Swiftness potion = Excellent potion for tight situation and lack of speed for non-engi users

** 5. Small but useful things I have; Things I think of while I raid

---- Always position yourself in range of shamans haste totem. If he slacks remind him to put them.
    ---- Keep your SP flask up
    ---- Keep your Vampiric Emberance and Inner Fire up 24/7
    ---- If someone dies, for example tank give him that stamina buff for love of god !

---- Some of addons:
    - DBM = Good addon for awareness , raid, etc. (you know why)
    - NeedToKnow (NTK) = Most useful addon I've ever used. It can show you (de)buff timers, trinket on-use cd, time until next proc, etc. CHECK IT OUT !
    - Omen3 = Treath addon. You most likely wont have it as priest, but instal it, better safe than sorry xd
    - Grid / HB / any raid plates addon = Gives you better raid awarness. You can be a hero once cuz of it :D
    - Skada = Check and compare your dps. Ask people if you think you're doing something wrong when you compare numbers and gear

** 6. Random macros

--- To make sure I have 100% uptime on mind flays I use:

#showtooltips Mind flay
    /cast [nochanneling: Mind flay] Mind flay
    /clear UIErrorsFrame

--- To make sure I have 100% uptime on mind flays I use:

#showtooltips Mind Sear
    /cast [nochanneling: Mind Sear] Mind Sear
    /clear UIErrorsFrame

--- To make sure I have 100% uptime on VT, DP and SW:P where you can spam them and not cancel Mind Flay, I use:

#showtooltips Vampiric Touch
    /petattack
    /cast [nochanneling: Mind Flay] Vampiric Touch

*Just change spell name for all 3 macros/

-- Mouse-over Disease dispel macro

#showtooltip Cure Disease
    /use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Cure Disease

-- Mouse-over Magic dispel macro

#showtooltip Dispel Magic
    /use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Dispel Magic

Once again thank you for being here. If something is unclear, need more detailed explanation or you dont agree with me leave a comment. This is my first time typing guide and have no clue about how to make it estetic, but I hope it will help someone out there. Have a good one and cya ingame. Peace

2. Very nice guide, just got a question;
    Can someone explain why HC gs mittens and T10 legs isnt bis instead of T10 hands and HC PP legs? I made the set (linked below, with talents, gems and enchants, un-buffed) and it has same spellpower, but more crit. It does have a little less hit and haste, but still over the soft caps (289 and 1269 respectively), and since crit is more valuable than haste after cap, shouldn't this be bis?
    Also, you're not mentioning crit as the go to stat after haste, which it should be (hit (until capped) -> SP -> haste (until capped) -> crit, not spirit. See Darksxx guide for the stat values.

https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/gear-p...QDGHxIgxfwAnNg

3. Plaguebringer's stained pants are better than mittens because they give more haste allowing you to reach haste cap easier, thus letting you focus on more spell power. Crit is nice ofc but spell power has more value. In the end difference is not so big so go with what you like.