1. Best Melee weapon for Points?

So i recently got my hunter to 80, bought the BiS Ranged weapon, and now i have like 20 Vote Points left, and i dont know which melee weapon is the best as a hunter + can be purchased with Points.

Any recommendations?^^

Playing on Icecrown btw

2. usually you are over hit capped with hunter in pre-icc gearing phase, so your best option from vote shop would be Lotrafen, Spear of the Damned

3. So i recently got my hunter to 80, bought the BiS Ranged weapon, and now i have like 20 Vote Points left, and i dont know which melee weapon is the best as a hunter + can be purchased with Points.

Any recommendations?^^

Playing on Icecrown btw

I would get something else. Battered hilt gives amazing 2h sword for hunters.

4. Stat wise, battered hilt is superior indeed, and if you get your hands on one, that would be amazing. But on a long run, is it worth spending gold on it, I'm not really sure...
    Lotrafen, Spear of the Damnded, doesn't lack too much in stats and dps while it is way cheaper option. And keep in mind that whatever weapon you pick, as soon as you get into icc 10, you will most likely replace it with [Hersir's Greatspear].
    That weapon is really great, it gives good stats for hunter. It will put you out of worry for your hit cap, and hit cap problem is something that hunters on the mid/late transition of gears can face up with very often, while it still keeps your dps and your armor penetration very high, so you definitely want to get your hand on that, and keep it for a while.
    I have even kept it for so long time, that I still have it as souvenir in bag. tested few others (including 25 ones) and this one always popped up above them for Marksmanship ([Oathbinder, Charge of the Ranger-General] being an exception of course). :)
    P.S. If you don't have money problems, BH sword is a better option indeed. Otherwise it is really overpriced for a hunter.