1. Thorium veins?

Something is completely off with Thorium veins. Vanilla and TBC had many viable option to farm Thorium. I have tried routes in Winterspring, Un'goro and Silithus and have not yet seen 1 (one) rich thorium vein. When talking about veins...all veins spawn as same when first appeared. I dont know if this is a bug or intended due to lack of skill.

2. Hey, have to be a bug... cause when I farmed thorium, there where tons of rich veins in Ungoro and that was about 3months ago

3. Lots of Rich Thorium in Burning Steps (from Horde flight path to Blackrock Mountain and around the various ridges in the zone). You can also find quite a few around the craters (one's with the slimes) near Light's Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands.

Issue with the nodes around Light's Hope Chapel is that there's some bots that log in a minute or so before the node respawns to mine them and then log out right away to rinse/repeat.

4. I stopped playing months ago but I still lurk on the forums to answer questions. Before I left I would farm most of my Thorium in the underground caves of Un Goro. The veins were all on a five minute respawn timers. Check the caves out. One had 5 viens in it. I would just sit down there and wait for respawns to farm. Great hauls... If you don't see them it's just another thing about Outland thats bugged now. Maybe consider making a report in the bug tracker but lol....

5. where did you farm mithril??
    I farmed the majority of my Copper-Mithril off of the bugged nodes that were scattered about the world (and still might be?) Again I havent played in a few months so they may have been patched out by now. But there were a few nodes that had copper through mithril all stacked on top of a single node. I just sat at those nodes and farmed while watching cartoons haha. They were also on the 5 minute world spawn timer so it was a decent way to get an assortment of ore (definitely not the most efficient though if you're after a single type)

Locations I Remember: (sorry no cords!)
    - South Shore, Farthest point along the south east coast, Just south of Dun Garok is a stacked vein (lighty farmed, most people didn't know about this one... well now they do haha)
    - The cave entrance to Uldaman, three stacked viens in the first open chamber. There are also two Mithril deposits in the very back near the portal to the instance. As well as a few iron nodes. (these nodes can get busy but if you're nice to the opposing faction you can normally just share the nodes. After all no one wants to do corpse runs while farming, even once haha.)
    - If you don't want to sit at stacked nodes I think I did my ride arounds in Tanaris.
    - Not sure about this location at all... but Skull Rock in the Hinterlands was full of something but it might have been Iron. The cave is located along the northern river.

Hope that helps! If anything else comes to mind I'll update this post.
    Edited: January 24, 2019 Reason: More places... I think...

6. where did you farm mithril??
    You can find tons of mithrils in desolace next to maraudon I was lucky to find milion clusters spawned and respawning so fast that I got bored farming them I had full bags. :)