1. New years event 2019

well, first of all, happy new year to everyone.

now, going straight to the point: i've seen multiple staff members stating that new year events are unlikely to return in 2019 because of the hate they generate in the comunity, both within itself and to warmane staff members.

i come with a few sugestions to prevent such events from disapearing.

first, lets look at some of the problems witht the current state of the new years events:

1st: the "free loot" concept:
    this is simple, whenever a new year event is released warmane comunity instantly believes its a "free loot" event (free mounts, emblems, gold, etc). tho this might have happened in the past, im quite sure the staff is looking to prevent this from happening in the future, yet the "solution" they came up with (the invasions) has brough new problems, since now people complains "it is not worth to play the event" or its "unfair", and, in a way, they might be right, and here's why:

2nd: the open world / 40 man events:
    whenever an event is released, everyone (or at least the vast majority of the server) wants to try and experience it. with the "invasions" event, this is nearly impossible. to begin with, bosses are impossible to kill solo, or with a small group of friends, so a large raid (usually 40 man) is needed, so those who cant join one just cant experience the event.
    also, the fact that this event happens in the world and not in a custom map, and the fact that it gives some juicy rewards (emblems, vanity items, etc) makes it so those who can participate often fight each other, and no, not just alliance vs horde, but diferent raids between the same factions as well. so those who wish to avoid PvP are unlikely to join, and since the goal here is to "prevent" hate, fighting over a spot against own faction members isnt nice either.
    finally, there's the fact that only FEW locations ofer these invasions at a time, which makes it IMPOSIBBLE for EVERYONE to participate, even with perfect cooperation. just do some math:
    7 zones with invasion, at 6 spots per zone its 42 spots. asuming perfect cooperation (that means, 1 spot per raid, which NEVER happens) thats 1680 players among both factions. 1680 players can join the event.. OVER THE 12K+ THE SERVER HAS AT PEAK HOURS! (talking about icecrown here). thats aproximately 10% of its population.
    the event should be playeable by everyone, not just 10% of the people or the ones who have a LOT of time to play the game, which leads me to the 3rd problem:

3rd: time consumption:
    events are meant to be fun and interesting, NOT A CHORE. so when players have to spend hours and hours of tedious farming just to get the rewards, without caring at all for the event, its just not worth it, neither for the players, nor the server, nor the staff members.
    events should be interactive and challenging, something that players can feel proud for doing so, and also have a lot of fun while doing it, so, here i offer my sugestions to these problems:

1st: staff, this is on you: either give the community the "easy farm" kind of event, or just remove the goods completely (easy mounts, emblems, vanity items, etc). since i believe "easy farm" is not the path to follow, i'll continue with the sugestions:

2nd: create an event that is SOLOABLE. no, it doesnt have to be a world boss that dies in 1 hit, but it could be something different, what you guys did with the "scarvenger hunt" event for instance was wonderfull! and to be honest i look foward for next year's scarvenger hunt. also, a "stairs" event could also work, with a difficult, yet rewarding experience, and maybe you could announce whoever reaches the top as a world message so everyone in the server can see when someone reaches the summit, giving a sense of pride to whoever does so, without the need of flashy loot. this could be done in a custom map that is accesed via an NPC (ik, might take some work to do) or just in the open world near major cities (i sugest doing it where there's water, so in case someone falls they wont die)

3rd: if you DO happen to carry on with the "give them loot" style in the way of invasion, here are a few sugestions for such event:
    -make is world wide. every zone gets invaded, that means less fight over spots and more players can participate (and also, which aliens invade just a tiny bit of a planet at once? just send a massive invation world wide already!)
    -make it so the bosses have "fun" tactics instead of "wipe" tactics (remember, we're here to have FUN"). these mechanics could be transforming the raid members into a chicken (or anything you like) until someone does an emote or perfoms certain actions on them, or the bosses only being able to "die" by non conventional ways (make it so healers have to HEAL the bosses instead of the raid DAMAGING them, for instance, or maybe do it so the bosses only get "damaged" by certain members doing a command like /dance or /sleep) or just needing to be drunk (ingame of course) to damage the bosses

lastly, remember that this is a GAME. it might be a job for you staff members but the coomunity here is playing a game, and i believe almost the entire server loves the new years events and have a lot of fun with them, so please, double, even triple check on the community's opinion before removing them, polls can be helpfull in a lot of ways.

i hope you guys apreciate this constructive criticism and reconsider about removing the events so we can have them back for 2019's december, but, well, we have a long way to go until then.

P.D: im not a perfect english speaker, so if you find any miss in the spelling please point it out =D
    Edited: January 9, 2019