1. Leveling fishing takes forever?

Hey guys been taking me 10-15-20 fish to get +skill. Am I doing something wrong or is it just like that for everyone? I’m went through some guides but all zones feel the same. Some tips and tricks would be perfect!

2. It's just like that.

If I can fish anything anywhere at any skill point why do I need skill for then?

3. You can fish anything anywhere but being in WG at skill 1 will catch you a fish every once in a lifetime.
    Leveling in a zone appropriate for your skill will give you the best result, but you can just stay in org/sw until you reach like 200ish or something like that.
    It just takes a lot of successful catches to get the increment.
    While you're at it level cooking along side fishing so it's less of a pain later and that will motivate you to move around the zones, maybe even speed up the fishing.

4. If I can fish anything anywhere at any skill point why do I need skill for then?
    Thank you for your inquiry. First, let's look at the fishing level required by zone to have a 100% successful fish (no junk) catch rate.
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Fishin...ements_by_zone
    Note that it cites as of patch 3.1 there is no minimum required level to fish in a zone, but if you are below a certain level you will catch more and more junk.

Now let's look at the proposed (by the community through data collection) mathematical formula that calculates how many fish are required to be caught at any certain level to skill up.
    ( {Current Skill Level} - 75 ) / 25 = Approximate number of fish you need to catch to gain one fishing skill point.

Now, from my experience it's slower that, but a bunch of people took their catch and skillup information and approximated that formula.

On a final note, it is possible to sit in a major city and level from 1 to 450 fishing skill. Interestingly enough on the other side of the coin, supposedly you still get skill ups from junk items. Id want to try it before spouting it out, though

5. before 3-4 months i leveled my fishing from 1 to 350 in Ironforge for one hour or something like that and the rest was in the dalaran fountain

6. Gonna call BS on that right now. On Icecrown server and something is WRONG with this bull****. I've caught 78 fish now and NOT A SINGLE SKILL UP. I'm stuck @ 309.

7. Okey so its really good to fish in your appropriate level zone, its like other professions, you can't skin for example a mob in a 30 level zone being 1 in skinning

8. fishing guide 1-450 :
    1) learn fishing
    2) fish