1. PvE Ladder & Guild Ranking Update

Hey there,

I am posting this thread with the aim to improve the PvE experience on Warmane.

Just like arena teams may differ in their names, composition & achievements with every season, guilds come and go the same way. However, unlike in PvP where rating & match history is reset, the mutual achievements in PvE are saved for eternity on the Warmane armory site it seems. Consequently, this leads to wrongful information about the guild landscape on the respective servers, their activity and current strength.

For example, with the ongoing updates many PvE "achievements" are not possible anymore such as killing LK in a record time of 6:33 min by utilizing paladin's DIs shortly before wipe or relogging on other toons during frostmourne phase. Also, changes in class & spec influence not only the individual dps but also the total raid dps and thus the boss kill timer. That is why the current PvE ladder and guild ranking is very misleading.

Suggestions on how to improve the PvE experience:

1. Introduction of a seasonal cycle for PvE (could be synchronized with PvP season reset)
    1.1 Introduction of total raid time (e.g. start of timer with pull of Lord till kill of LK).
    1.2 Introduction of number of weekly runs. Displaying each run of an individual guild, including raid & boss kill timers.
    Thus, more runs = more guild points.
    2. Weekly reset of total raids & raid/kill timers like an arena flush. Transferring and adding weekly guild points to the
    seasonal score of each guild.
    3. Seasonal reset. Transferring and adding seasonal guild points to the general guild score on the leader board.
    4. Seasonal awards. This is completely up to you to decide. Possible awards could be titles, glory mounts or something
    like 3x Invincible or even 1x Shadowmourne given to guild leaders which they can distribute within the guild according to
    their wishes.

These changes will add a competitive side to PvE as well as provide accurate and more detailed information about the different guilds. Since PvE accounts for most activity on Warmane, I think it is worth to invest a bit of time and effort into restructuring the PvE tracking & display methods.

Peace.
    Edited: January 11, 2019

2. All sounds reasonable until the gifting of SMs and Invincibles. Arena gives you titles which are enough of a prestige, giving SMs away would only make PVP that much more annoying. Invincible is eh ok, but then again PVP players don't get mounts, why should PVE players? PVE is in no way harder, guilds do 5+ 25HC runs each week, it's all trained very well and it's no challenge to them. They'll just have one super-main run with all bis chars to burst everything, while PVP you get a different fight each time, you won't train that into muscle memory like running from oozes, stacking on stuff and bursting some adds.
    Resets would be nice since some guilds up there are inactive, some had luck with bugs maybe, so being able to compete again would be really nice.
    As for rewards companions, some titles and mounts are fine, but items/coins seem really unfair, towards PVPers and other guilds also.

3. Yeah, I mean as of rewards it is entirely up to them to decide but you are right, SM might be too much to ask for.
    In PvP you used to get this Roosted Chicken Mount, so why shouldn't PvE people get Invincible.

Unique PvE titles could be very effective in countering the ridiculous gear score obsession in pug raids as a way to identify skilled & knowledgeable PvE players that for example do the same dps with 5.8k gs like an average player does with 6.2k gs simply by making better use of tactics, positioning, CD management, target switches etc.

In terms of this ONE super run, well that is why I suggested to introduce number of weekly raids which could be displayed with the total raid time as well as the individual boss kill timers.

The whole point distribution should be re-thought. In my opinion it should be a mix of how many HC raids were downed in a week and their combined average total raid time, each starting with Lord pull and ending with LK kill for example.
    Edited: January 10, 2019

4. We would really welcome something like that. <3 Though I might add that it would be better to make all of this applicable only in nobuffs, since everyone is overgeared and it's getting too easy. Competitions should be difficult.

4. Seasonal awards. This is completely up to you to decide. Possible awards could be titles, glory mounts or something
    like 3x Invincible or even 1x Shadowmourne given to guild leaders which they can distribute within the guild according to
    their wishes.
    Everyone and their mother have shadowmourne and invincible nowadays. I would be happy with fish + flask + pot rewards.

PVP players don't get mounts, why should PVE players?
    Don't top arena players get roosters though?

Specific PvE titles could be very effective in countering the ridiculous gear score obsession in pug raids as a way to identify skilled & knowledgeable PvE players that for example do the same dps with 5.8k gs like an average player does with 6.2k gs simply by making use of tactics, positioning, CD management, target switches etc.
    Don't see how that would work. If a player managed to reach the top he would be much higher than 5.8k gs. And if you suggest something like guild/account-wide titles, just because a player knows how to play a main, doesn't mean he knows how to play his alt.
    Edited: January 10, 2019

5. Hi,

As an active player on Icecrown, I fully support the idea of Ladder's seasonal nulling and drawing up some sort of Leaderboard based on this.

Because time doesn't stand still, class mechanics change during their fixes, the same happens with encounters. You can no longer kill some bosses as quickly as someone did it 2 years ago. And you can't be worse off of it.

For me, this will add a great incentive to play and grow up not only as a player, but also a guild

6. i completely agree on the PvE ladder reset.
    also, making a seasonal reset would push guilds fowards to improve and evolve to become better as the game gets patched and tweaked.

7. It seems to me too, as not a bad idea really, hopefully they will consider something like this, at least a part of the idea if not all. :)

8. Seems a good idea to have a reset in order to keep the guilds active to keep their ranks/points.
    Altho:

In PvP you used to get this Roosted Chicken Mount, so why shouldn't PvE people get Invincible.
    - PvP rewards are supposed to give out a mount, actually even more mounts then how they give right now (Gladiator titles were supposed to get the mount too),
    - PvE is an 8 y/o content, yes it can be challenging, but not even close to be something competitive enough to provide any costum rewards
    - In PvE you are able to get tons of titles, mounts and items. While in PvP you've access to really few of them.
    - In PvP it's a competition between real players, which mean everything that comes with it, failing means you drop rate; while in PvE you can try different ways and not loose anything except a wipe.

I personally would be up to a seasonal reset and an invitational speed run with some rewards. All the rest in my opionion it's a no.
    Or simply reset once a year or once every 6 month the "Server firsts", (Not the titles, but simply reset in order to allow another guild to get it), in the same way as rank 1 in 3s.

Keep in mind that we're supposed to be blizzlike.

Unique PvE titles could be very effective i
    You get already titles that are not avaiable for casual players, the fact that you dont "enjoy" title such Light Of Dawn is cause you're playng a 10 (?) years old PvE content, that has been farmed by tons of players.
    Top End Game PvE title: The Light of Dawn, giving you opportunity to get 277 items, mount and if they didnt removed it, the % to get Shadowmourne dropped, and be able to get a trasmog scroll; you're gonna face NPC which yes, can be hard, but as you know what to do, and pick you the best raid composition and overgearing it, is just an RNG game about the debuffs and crits from the raid group.
    Top End Game PvP Title: Seasonal Gladiator, giving you the opportunity to get 277 PvP weapons that are not BiS for PvP, mount just for the rank 1 team in 3s, stop. Where you compete with real players, meaning they will try any strat to win you, pass you, or simply make you fall. Dodge/Sniping are factors that influence the ladder in a way or not, and must be added in a "competition".

Is supposed to be like this, i repeat, the fact that we're playng on a WOTLK 3.3.5 for years, and everyone got the opportunity to get LoD, doesnt mean they have to provide you some unique and non-blizzlike title.
    Edited: January 11, 2019

9. Hello there,

The idea of reset of PvE ladder is totally right. I'm not old player there (in total i'm playing for less than 2 years) but even with my experience, fights and mechanics has changed a lot from time i went to my very first ICC and RS and till now. Also a lot of guilds which are in PvE ladder are not active anymore and there is no way they will be ever active again. Like legends should be legends, but than it can be smth like seasons for it. Those people were the best in the past and let them be there. Now it's all different. There should be a chance for new people to shine.

I'm not really sure about rewards or smth like this. I mean it can be a cool bonus for players, but nothing can be better than to be on a top and let everyone knows your guild name and guild players names. First of all you have to start with smth, and reset is a number one goal for everyone who's spending a lot of time in raids.

After all those years when LK patch was released people are still in love with this expansion and maybe in the past they couldn't race with somebody on official servers, but this ladder will let them do it now.

Peace for eveyrone.

10. Warmane staff dont need to do alot of changes to pump PvE Guilds, a season reset its a great idea and a unique value for each position is enough.

Ex. Top 50 and maybe top 5 reward. Flasks and pots for 25 guild members its nice already(At least flask+pot its all i need as a pve player xD).
    1. 50 points
    2. 49 points
    3. 48 Points
    50+. 1 Point

11. Hello there,

The idea of reset of PvE ladder is totally right. I'm not old player there (in total i'm playing for less than 2 years) but even with my experience, fights and mechanics has changed a lot from time i went to my very first ICC and RS and till now. Also a lot of guilds which are in PvE ladder are not active anymore and there is no way they will be ever active again. Like legends should be legends, but than it can be smth like seasons for it. Those people were the best in the past and let them be there. Now it's all different. There should be a chance for new people to shine.

I'm not really sure about rewards or smth like this. I mean it can be a cool bonus for players, but nothing can be better than to be on a top and let everyone knows your guild name and guild players names. First of all you have to start with smth, and reset is a number one goal for everyone who's spending a lot of time in raids.

After all those years when LK patch was released people are still in love with this expansion and maybe in the past they couldn't race with somebody on official servers, but this ladder will let them do it now.

Peace for eveyrone.
    Agree with this %100. There can be rewards or no rewards at all but resetting is more than enough for those who spend hours every week in raids.

12. Totally agree about idea of PvE Ladder reset, except awards. Awards should be different but thanks for opening this topic, i hope it will apply.

13. I like this idea! I think people want to find out who the best guild is and use it as an advertisement. I can see the activity and popularity of PvE increasing because of that. Thumbs up !

14. The PvE ladder is flawed since a lot changed since 2017.
    Biggest difference is the DPS where everyone used to be over 20k, that's not the case anymore and it makes it really hard for even the best guilds to beat a mediocre guild from 2017, this makes the PvE ladder obsolete and therefore invalid in terms of "facts".

I suggest a complete wipe of the current PvE ladder since it displays old guild that dosen't even exists anymore and the timer to beat is impossible to beat since a lot of spells used to be bugged to their advantage back in 2017.

Maybe even adding more dungeons to the charts, Like Naxxramas and Eye of eternity.
    Also some of the kills, like Ulduar 25 Flame levithian in 16 seconds or Freya kill on 25 in 15 seconds, looks really sketchy to me.
    I posted this back in August 2018 in which:

This sounds reasonable, especially if what you say as the numbers being inflated because of bugs that were fixed is correct, so it's been forwarded for consideration.
    It's about time to reset the ladder now, this was 7 month's ago, what was the reason given not to?
    Edited: January 16, 2019

12 Last