1. Chain lightning vs Single target

Hello guys. I have a question for fellow elemental shamans.

I can't decide which one is better for maximizing your DPS against single target. Is it with Lighting Bolt, Lava Burst and Flame Shock or does adding Chain Lightning to the rotation increase your DPS. I've raided with a lot of shamans and all have different opinions one this, some of them use CL, some of them don't so i'm kinda curious and i want to hear your opinions on the forum.

Me personally, i use it, because it have lower cast time then LB, but as an elemental shaman with almost BIS gear, i'm rarely in the top half of the DPS chart.
    What do you think guys?

2. fs> instant lava burst > lb > cl > 3lb > cl

i did some testing back in days and this rotation is best, you need to have that much haste to get 3 lb before chain gets from cd and use lava burst when ever from cd and keep flame shock on the boss all the time

3. Lighting bolt's cast time gets pretty close to your global cool down when your geared. Low gear chain lightning is better for dps. High gear don't bother with chain lightning. It's a smaller hit than lighting bolt. You can only cast so many spells due to the global cooldown. When your waiting after a casting chain lightning the shorter cast time is negated.

4. Yup, the lowest your GCD will get is 1 second. Put all you totems and buffs on and just check you CL tooltip, if it's cast is less than 1 second you'll switch your rotation to straight LB. Likewise, use your CDs and see if CL is less than 1 second. If it's less than 1 second with your CDs but not with your normal buff than only when you use your CDs up you switch to only LB. It doesn't take much haste to put CL under 1 second cast with hero and elemental popped.