1. Holy paladin with haste or intelect ?

Holy paladin with haste or intelect ?

2. 1. Full intellect -> bad
    2. Full haste -> worst
    3. Full SP -> not recommended until you don't want to test FoL setup but it's bad.

Conclusion: By 1,2 and 3 => Balanced -> the best!
    Edited: January 13, 2019

3. PvE:

Gems - full intellect
    Items however you aim for everything to be Spell power + Haste + Crit. Avoid mp5 items. You can pretty much get all 16 items to have SP + Haste + Crit.
    Edited: January 13, 2019

4. PvP:

go for haste gems/gear because most of the time in the bg you're basically spamming FoL

5. Gems - full intellect
    After a certain point of heroic gear I'd say that gemming pure int is redundant even for the longest fight, which is LK.

This does not always hold true. There are some items with haste and mp5 as secondary stats that are very worthwhile when gearing and are, imo, better than items with +crit @LK. On all other fights it rarely matters what gemming/secondary stat you go for as they're too short to be of any significance.

6. Well there are some BiS items with Haste + mp5 like RS25hc ring for example but pretty much everything else is Haste + crit.
    When gearing sure, you'll find all kinds of mixes on items, but still it's best to aim for most things to have haste and secondary stat to be whatever as long as it's not hit, lol.

By avoid mp5 items I meant:
    mp5 + crit should be avoided.

7. Go with Int untill you have <40ish k mana, after that get some haste if you're <1k or so, after that get some sp+haste or sp+int gems.
    1k is not the cap, by far, but having ~1.2s HL cast time is really good enough if the tanks aren't terribly undergeared or are tanking 3 bosses. Boss will always have a slowed attack speed, tank will dodge some, parry some, 1.2s should be more than enough.

I am far from the best paladin, but don't go just one stat, cause some hybrids would give you more benefit.

8. First of all, keep in mind that "Haste Paladin" is a fringe playstyle that originated several years back when content was so bugged as to barely even resemble WotLK.

Fights were extremely short because of how severely inflated DPS was - which diminishes the value of mana longevity - and there were bugs at work that made it very feasible to literally only ever have a Hpally as the sole tank healer. Raid groups would also run the absolute minimum amount of healers they could get away with, so Hpallies would also have their raid-healing abilities tested (which as a Hpally is really just limited to spot-healing low HP targets in succession with Holy Light, in an intelligent order). All these things favoured emphasizing Haste, so Haste-stacking was a method commonly explored to get the best use out of a Hpally back in that particular paradigm of raiding.

Fast forward some years, and all these things apply to a much smaller degree. The quality of raid scripts has vastly improved, and class mechanics are as close to the blizz-like ceiling as they've ever been.

Admittedly, given how over-geared some raid groups can be, it's not uncommon for some of the above situations to still arise regularly in some folks' guild runs. Even so, it's a little bit mystifying that some people manage to create this kind of a dichotomy between "Haste" and "Intellect" paladins, almost treating those two playstyles as mini-specs within the Holy spec.

As to your question, by and large, a Holy Paladin in patch 3.3.5a should want to pursue Intellect as relentlessly as possible. Your main purpose as a Hpally at the end-game of this patch is to guarantee a strong and constant influx of tank healing on your targets. Intellect helps you perform this role better. It allows you to continue your Holy Light spam for a longer duration uninterrupted, whereas a Paladin with a smaller mana pool might have to break for mana and attempt to regen some via Seal of Wisdom. Intellect makes Divine Plea and Replenishment stronger. It reduces the frequency with which you have to Divine Plea, which also means you're often able to occasionally save Divine Illumination/Wings as a healing CD as opposed to merely a CD to offset Divine Plea's penalty with.

Haste on the other hand is strictly a throughput stat. Unlike intellect, it doesn't improve your healing per mana spent, which means not only are you setback by the absence of a larger mana pool and all its accompanying benefits, but you're also achieving the throughput offered by Haste by in fact burning through your mana bar faster than you ordinarily would. Haste is mainly good when you don't need mana too much. Think of it as converting the excess mana you'd sit on by the end of a fight into healing. This makes it shine for cheesing healing meters with on short fights. It's also good when you have legitimate need of that extra HPS, even at the cost of mana. The best example of this is the Sindragosa 25hc encounter, where both tank-healing and raid-healing are intensively demanded of a Holy Pally, but mana isn't really a concern because of the downtime during Air Phases. Haste improves your raid-healing rather more than it does your tank healing. You shouldn't be the only tank healer, so for the most part having a Holy Light that's say , 0.1 seconds faster isn't going to make you squeeze in an extra heal between boss hits most of the time, and when it occasionally does, odds are it wouldn't have been too necessary anyway. Landing a life-saving Holy Light spot-heal on a critically low HP raid member, however, and topping them right back to full health before moving on to the next low HP player - all the while bathing the vicinity around those players in splash heals - is a much better use of the quicker Holy Lights.

Take with a grain of salt the advice of the people in this thread advocating for an arbitrary Haste or Int amount before focusing on the other.

9. I personally love to play as a Haste hpaladin. I have 4 hpaladins. Two with pure haste with 1.8-1.9k haste+(one with valanyr). Third one with something like 1.7k haste(food/elixir). Fourth one with less haste but still mixed haste/intellect. Closely to 1.4k. And personally i am taking paladins with highest amount of haste. If you know how to restore your mana. It won't be a problem to have it during a whole encounter. Lk 25hc is not a big deal. Im not going out of mana not even once. Since your haste not only increases healing speed. it increaces your melee attacks too. Which regens your mana really fast. Every encounter where you can stack near to the boss and hit him with your melee attacks won't be a problem. The problem starts on Blood Queen Lana'thel. The mana issue is really hard when you can't hit the melees. It all comes to your gameplay. It's not about staying in one spot and spamming your holy lights when it's not necessary. This is the only my conclusion about it.

10. In pvp i'm going full intelect / sp, why? you have a instant skill to heal and maybe if a dk / mage / sham / warrior / etc is going for you, you cant stop to cast or do fake cast everytime. I think in pvp is enought whit Judgments of the Pure.

11. It depends. For 2s war pal you'd want a bit more resilience, 1300ish is enough. For 3s though, taking into example playing comps like ele destro hpal, arms ele hpal etc you'd want to play lower resilience. The paladins I played for r1 with all played with around 900 resilience in 3s EXCEPT when facing good RMPs, thats the only case you'd want higher resil as they are really good at killing paladins in openers.

Source ? 8 years of pvping on wotlk , 2x r1 3s as LSP, got furious gladiator last season. If you need more help msg me ingame on Yagger =).

Armory of the paladin I got furious glad with last season : http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

12. I 100% agree with unraveler. Even on longer fight such as sindra/LK heroic. Mana isnt an issue. There is plenty of downtime that you can use to divine plea without using a cd to "mitigate" it. Since paladin is considered a melee class in blizzards book. There are a lot of fights you can stand on boss and AA while doing your normal "Spell Priority", since there is no rotation for healers. Just sit there, right click and any time where not hard casting a spell you will AA. This alone is PLENTY of mana on almost every fight to maintain a steady set of Holy lights while being well off on mana. Looking at the 2 fights i talked about earlier. There is downtime on them where you can divine plea and not need to heal, IE, sindra air phase and LKs transition phases where you are on outer platform. It's also important to note that SoW works on a PPM (procs per minute) and has no ICD (internal cooldown). This means that the slower your weapon attacks the higher the chance to proc mana will be. In effect this means your weapon attack speed has NO factor on how much mana you get back. If you have any questions you can message me in game via "detro" "shannen" "drallas"
    Edited: March 9, 2019

12 Last