1. Refurbished yes/no

I've seen some pretty good deals on new laptops. Curious on refurbished ones.Are they worth looking into or not? Is there any particular brand better to look into?

2. I wouldn't buy any used electrical device, especially computers and/or mobile phones. You never know what's been done with them. Whatever repairs there have been to the device, doesn't mean the fault wouldn't return.

A friend of mine did build his new PC, bought one refurbished part. Couldn't get the PC running before changing the said part to new one.

3. I think that’s ok, but like buying anything USED it’s gamble.

There are people who’re buying used cars and those cars serve them better than cars that are purchased new. Same thing is with electronics. I believe that important factor in those two is if you’re familiar how those operate in case of a failure. I am not familiar with car mechanics in any way, but I am familiar with electronics which means that I’d never buy used car, although it does work out well for most people, but I would buy a certified refurbished laptop, I’d just verify who’s teh seller and what’s their rating.

I have a coworker who’s into saving money by going with value-oriented options and he didn’t have any problem with anything he purchased and trust me, he’s addicted to buying those things and it’s buying them constantly.

YES!
    Edited: January 16, 2019 Reason: YES

4. if you can afford to buy new. refurbished is junk.