1. Change the 30 day holding period on names/character data

I think the way that names get placed on hold for 30 days for restoration is a little much. For one thing, I think a player should at least have the option to explicitly say they don't want a character's data stored for 30 days if they know they want to use the name again immediately after deletion. I also don't think characters below level 80 should take 30 days to be fully deleted. I just tested it and even level 1 characters who were never actually played are stored like this. That means someone could basically just go around spamming level 1 characters and deleting them to place huge lists of names on 30 day holds. It just doesn't seem like a well thought out system to me.

2. No, it's in place as some players used to delete their main, make a new one with the same name, then they restore the main and get a free rename on it (as char restoration is free). So it's better to keep the name taken for 30 days than to charge character restoration coins/points, as it can be a mistake or you can change your mind, whatever causes people to regret deleting a lvl80 char.

3. This was an intentional change that we're not accepting suggestions on.