1. Best race for sub pvp?

Human, Night Elf or Blood Elf?

Human has racial, so you can go with double dps trinkets - How useful is that extra edge on dps?

Night Elf has elusiveness plus shadowmeld which grants them more dodge and 3x Vanishes - Is 3x vanishes overkill or only good in RvR duels?

Blood Elf has Arcane Torrent (short silence) and its not on the GCD - Is that just a too situational racial considering the fact that you won't duel casters all the time?

Human is the mainstream choice, I've heard some people tell me Blood Elf is the best sub rogue race for its silence. Night Elf with Shadowmeld saves you a Vanish when used.

What do you guys think? You can add other rogue races if you think them to be superior to the one's mentioned above.

2. If you want a boring, overdiffused, horrible looking race, go human. Probably still the best pvp wise.

If you want to be bad *** and a real rogue, go undead. Everything else is just gay.

3. Well I was not asking about the visuals of the races, which are by the way with the WoD models all good looking, but rather about their racials and the usefulness of the same mentioned. But thanks for the reply mate!

4. human > blood elf > undead > orc >>>> everything else

5. If you want to optimize you always need to go human, sub is physical dmg which makes it more gear dependent than most. Having that extra trinket which bis would be DBW/WFS/DV and all situational stuff would help you a lot. Having that extra trinket let's say it's DBW, you are able to equip more pvp gear than a non human could equip meaning you have more survivability than a person that wouldn't be human and does that damage. DBW gives a good amount of ARP and with the right proc you have an insane amount of atk power *cough* 10k *cough*, all from the comfort of having 900-1000 resil in 2s

That being said if you like to outplay people more, go night elf the extra vanish makes for some fun plays.
    EDIT: Also the % to miss on you is frustrating it doesn't matter how much hit they have, I can't count the times a vital ability like blind/kidney or just a damn ambush or cheap misses on nelfs.

The belf racial isn't really that situational, you can use it to mask a kidney on a paladin so he can't freedom without having to garrote it, interrupt ppl around you with kick on CD, or just use it in shadow dance to even get more energy back over your 5 cp finisher +25 energy returns from relentless strikes which in turn = more abilities in shadowdance = more dmg.

Orc is also a good choice because of the extra atk power you can macro it to doing shadow dance, tho it's a 2m cd so you won't always have it. Also stun reduction for RvR

Undead is swag points + the 45 sec cd if you get feared instead of 2 min, plus you can disrespect people by eating their corpse when they don't release.

Dwarf can use his racial to avoid bleeds when vanishing which is also nice in some situations.

Just pick whatever you like tbh, just get good at the class and the race won't matter that much I switch all the time for the lolz
    Edited: January 15, 2019

6. If you want to optimize you always need to go human, sub is physical dmg which makes it more gear dependent than most. Having that extra trinket which bis would be DBW/WFS/DV and all situational stuff would help you a lot. Having that extra trinket let's say it's DBW, you are able to equip more pvp gear than a non human could equip meaning you have more survivability than a person that wouldn't be human and does that damage. DBW gives a good amount of ARP and with the right proc you have an insane amount of atk power *cough* 10k *cough*, all from the comfort of having 900-1000 resil in 2s

That being said if you like to outplay people more, go night elf the extra vanish makes for some fun plays.
    EDIT: Also the % to miss on you is frustrating it doesn't matter how much hit they have, I can't count the times a vital ability like blind/kidney or just a damn ambush or cheap misses on nelfs.

The belf racial isn't really that situational, you can use it to mask a kidney on a paladin so he can't freedom without having to garrote it, interrupt ppl around you with kick on CD, or just use it in shadow dance to even get more energy back over your 5 cp finisher +25 energy returns from relentless strikes which in turn = more abilities in shadowdance = more dmg.

Orc is also a good choice because of the extra atk power you can macro it to doing shadow dance, tho it's a 2m cd so you won't always have it. Also stun reduction for RvR

Undead is swag points + the 45 sec cd if you get feared instead of 2 min, plus you can disrespect people by eating their corpse when they don't release.

Dwarf can use his racial to avoid bleeds when vanishing which is also nice in some situations.

Just pick whatever you like tbh, just get good at the class and the race won't matter that much I switch all the time for the lolz
    Thank you again Snoo for the time put into the answer. I rolled a human and I am about to finish leveling it, Me not being a fan of leveling, I will stay human. Plus the mentioned racial benefits are reasons enough to stick to it.

Now I have an off-topic question;
    I watched some rogue wods of marm reckful and other rogues on AT. What I wanted to know how do they do the main target and focus target nameplate swap? Like for example: He has a hunter set on main target and a priest set on focus target, now as soon as he switches to the priest as main target, the hunters nameplate is set on focus target automatically and vice versa. Is that a macro or what? Cuz i know the standard set focus target macro. But in this case the main and focus target are swapped as he changes his main target.

7. Thank you again Snoo for the time put into the answer. I rolled a human and I am about to finish leveling it, Me not being a fan of leveling, I will stay human. Plus the mentioned racial benefits are reasons enough to stick to it.

Now I have an off-topic question;
    I watched some rogue wods of marm reckful and other rogues on AT. What I wanted to know how do they do the main target and focus target nameplate swap? Like for example: He has a hunter set on main target and a priest set on focus target, now as soon as he switches to the priest as main target, the hunters nameplate is set on focus target automatically and vice versa. Is that a macro or what? Cuz i know the standard set focus target macro. But in this case the main and focus target are swapped as he changes his main target.
    It's a /target and /focus macro in one, I always prefer to keep them separate though, if you are after macros here u go: https://pastebin.com/njYApnLL

8. Thanks for the feedback. I will look into it asap.

9. Forget old AT vods, the 264(i think) meta is totally different to 284. Sadly.

10. Forget old AT vods, the 264(i think) meta is totally different to 284. Sadly.
    Sadly yes, I can verify, though ilvl 264 was really the best meta for wotlk pvp when it came to balance.

11. Sadly yes, I can verify, though ilvl 264 was really the best meta for wotlk pvp when it came to balance.
    264 meta is so slow paced and boring to play

12. 264 meta is so slow paced and boring to play
    Slow paced, have you seen Legion and BfA arenas? Now that is what I call slow paced. Sure if you mirror warr/hpal because every dude and his mother plays that comp your arena will be 8 minutes long. But in general I wouldn't call it slow paced. Is 284 faster? Of course it is, we are in the burst meta right now.

13. Undead is dat best for me :)
    For da coolness factor :P Nelf female for da win with that smeld hehe

14. if Nightelf sap bug works in wotlk like retail wow i would play that in arenas but dunno if it works at woltk :)