1. I recently joined a guild that haven't even killed LoD yet and they are not that "pro" but even they know about holy priests and say "go disc or logg smth else"

I'ts not the guilds, it's who you are in the guild, if your a Guild master you can bring whatever you want, if your an officer you also have more of a saying to the matter, but a normal guy don't have much saying at all.
    It’s interesting why do you accept to be treated that way by narrow minded people. There are two words I’d tell them, but don’t wanna get my post deleted as I’m all smartypants.

2. And that argument about classes "they are not bad, just people don't know how to play" is a bit outdated, what about survival hunters than ? It's dead spec in this expansion, why ? Because in pve they are far from MM and in pvp everything gets dispelled.
    wotlk is very outdated, still people have a really hard time with it, especially pugs, if everyone knew how to play then why can't pug raids barely clear half of ICC. I would say your argument about saying things are outdated is really outdated.
    Survival hunter is a bad spec, But hunter is a very good class, I said all classes are viable, not all specs.

How many of those "Top guilds" you've been in have been known to do no-buff ICC?
    1, How many guilds cleared ICC 25 HC with no buff all together? Wasn't even that long time ago ICC got released with no buff, by that time I had already geared up 20 characters to almost bis gear.
    But if you wanna know here's some of the guilds, can't remember them all it's been 10 years after all.
    Guerillan warfare - Waste of loot - Blacklist - Apex of myrmidons - Nerd Rage - Aurora - Rampage - Fierce - Fury of darkness - Equinox - Aeturnum - The forgotten Kings.
    ICC buff or no buff these were all "the best" when they existed, this was long before "no buff" even existed, just as long as this "holy priest" debate has been going on.

I would say you're playing with the wrong guilds.
    I recently joined a guild that haven't even killed LoD yet and they are not that "pro" but even they know about holy priests and say "go disc or logg smth else"
    I'ts not the guilds, it's who you are in the guild, if your a Guild master you can bring whatever you want, if your an officer you also have more of a saying to the matter, but a normal guy don't have much saying at all.

I know this is way off topic, "well that escalated quickly", let's not stray too much.
    Edited: January 16, 2019

3. I'm saying that your perspective is based upon the BS you've put up with in the guilds you've been in.
    It’s interesting why do you accept to be treated that way by narrow minded people. There are two words I’d tell them, but don’t wanna get my post deleted as I’m all smartypants.
    I mean, From my own experience with a lot of different guilds and different people and from what I've seen and heard in pugs raids, I honestly though everyone just thought that, I have honestly yet to hear people speaking good about holy priests.

I thought everyone was like this, and in a way I'm glad I'm proven wrong.
    Edited: January 16, 2019

4. most people simply think that holy priests are renew spamming spec, talkto them about something called serendipity spec is truly unheard for most of them.

i recently started playing holy priests, purely becus of mercy's amazing guide over the spec. while i was trying at 1st, learning the spec with pug groups, it was hard to get into icc25n pug raid as 6.2k holy priest, simply becus resto druids will do better(lol). and as always, disc is alot more prefered than holy.
    while i know that holy spec is amazing spec and can perform very well in raids, its not very popular amongs raid leaders.

was lucky enough to find a guild that accepts me as holy priest, yet to try the runs with it though, hoping that i wont need to make a disc spec... xD

5. Anything that they can bring that a Restoration Shaman can't, can be brought by other classes along with better damage and other utilities.
    Totem of wrath and its 3% crit debuff, and 5% crit if the chickien with space lasers is not around. Ele is not exactly useless.

6. people think that serendipity stacks management is some rocket science which only they can do, so they think everyone spams renew because they don't know about serendipity stacks+poh. I think from here comes this meme "no one knows how to play hpriest". Than explain why hpriests are good in cata ? Considering fact that they have same spells/mechanics + 5-6 new ones. Note wotlk hpriests one of the simplest classes to play with, than how in the hell they are so weak, but when people press cata.exe they turn into good hpriests.

7. Holy priests are great. 1 min guardian cd is great tool, problem is that you have to communicate to be effective. 3/4ths of all players are feral and by asking them external they think you are effectively calling them noob or something.

Old dogs think holy sucks because when they played renew instaheal was double dipping and renew-spam spec was born. It's not like that anymore.

Most raids go with 4 or even 3 heals and you need pala-sham-disc "core", at least for ICC.

In the end there are lots of things to deal with to get effective holy priest, for most it's just not worth the headache.

8. A top 3 list would be a lot easier than a top 5, so here: Fire Mages, Fury Warriors, and Combat Rogues. Not necessarily in that order.

Spots no. 4 and 5 can be taken by a lot of specs, depending on gear, player skill, and the nature of the fight.

holy priests are worst heals in wotlk expansion, while in cata probably best. I tell you as holy priest who was playing from tbc and pve only all these years. You cant outperform hpalas on single target healing and same with raid healing vs drus/shams. And on top of that their amazing mana issues.
    They're not necessarily bad. Just very replaceable for the most part. Their single target spot healing is miserable but their instantaneous, snap group-healing is rivaled only by Shamans. The spec is completely redeemed on Heroic LK (and a handful of other fights), where their leftover Infest clearing ability outperforms that of a Shaman's and any other spec's.

The few people in the thread treating Renew talents and the Serendipity talent as mutually exclusive are severely misinformed.

9. How many guilds cleared ICC 25 HC with no buff all together? Wasn't even that long time ago ICC got released with no buff, by that time I had already geared up 20 characters to almost bis gear.
    But if you wanna know here's some of the guilds, can't remember them all it's been 10 years after all.
    Guerillan warfare - Waste of loot - Blacklist - Apex of myrmidons - Nerd Rage - Aurora - Rampage - Fierce - Fury of darkness - Equinox - Aeturnum - The forgotten Kings.
    Any videos of any of those guilds clearing a no buff run? As far as I'm aware TFK has only ever reached LK, Aeternum and Equinox were Ragnaros guilds, Aurora has long been semi-inactive and the rest are completely unknown guilds to me, which is strange, considering I was part of pmuch all the guilds that have done no buff on Icecrown. It's also funny that no buff has been possible for about 2 or 3 years, not 10.

Also
    Shamans? they bring the best raid buffs in game, Bloodlust / Heroism for 1 example, for a "Viable" raid group, especially since raid composition brings such a huge role in 25man raids, any good raid leader knows this and would never pass up a Elemental shaman to a Frost DK cause they pull 1k dps less (according to the chart, which also isn't true but whatever) because that 1k dps will mean 5k extra raid dps in terms of a wrath totem to the raid, even more if you use Bloodlust.
    wat.jpeg

Any good leader will come to realise that all totems ele has are brought by other specs (ret and demo with demo providing more sp than totem BY THE WAY). Elemental shaman is completely useless in 25 man. The resto shaman in the raid will bring the two unique things shamans are needed for, Heroism and 5% spell haste.

wotlk is very outdated, still people have a really hard time with it
    Can't find a better quote than this to finish this off.
    Edited: January 17, 2019

10. Yes i do.
    regards - I
    big.
    regards - the big D

ps. holy priests are better than rdudus in every single way in end game raid environment, just saying

11. wotlk is very outdated, still people have a really hard time with it, especially pugs, if everyone knew how to play then why can't pug raids barely clear half of ICC. I would say your argument about saying things are outdated is really outdated.
    Survival hunter is a bad spec, But hunter is a very good class, I said all classes are viable, not all specs.

1, How many guilds cleared ICC 25 HC with no buff all together? Wasn't even that long time ago ICC got released with no buff, by that time I had already geared up 20 characters to almost bis gear.
    ICC buff or no buff these were all "the best" when they existed, this was long before "no buff" even existed, just as long as this "holy priest" debate has been going on.

I recently joined a guild that haven't even killed LoD yet and they are not that "pro" but even they know about holy priests and say "go disc or logg smth else"

I know this is way off topic, "well that escalated quickly", let's not stray too much.
    I was playing Holy Priest on almost every no buff udba/ohanna did and there wasnt a single one where i wasnt 2nd or 1st on meters. Even tho our Healing core was rock solid.This is to tell you that class stereotypes dont really matter to high end guilds.If you can prove yourself you can play that class then there is no one stopping you.You join your first raid and u expect to holy priest that's pepeGA for me.The way i see it is that you only allow one to play that class if you really trust his gameplay because it can go bad really quick.
    The guilds you mentioned "aeturnum" and such .. These ones didnt do no buffs.Your point is just to glorify your small existence in those guilds back when they were active considering they had a good reputation. Which is, obviously, out of topic.
    The only relevant thing you said is probably that wotlk is outdated.

12. 1, How many guilds cleared ICC 25 HC with no buff all together? Wasn't even that long time ago ICC got released with no buff, by that time I had already geared up 20 characters to almost bis gear.
    what in the actual hell did i just read?

Guerillan warfare - Waste of loot - Blacklist - Nerd Rage - Rampage - Fierce - Fury of darkness -
    never heard of a single one of those guilds.

Apex of myrmidons
    died in 2013 looong before they even made it possible to remove the buff which wasent until after molt-down in 2015

Equinox - Aeturnum
    Equinox was Aeturnum... Equinox was another guild that was dead long before you could remove buff. Aeturnum was dead not long after molt-down.

Dude.... no. Aurora never did zero buff. Realm firsts? Yes. The guild died before you could remove the buff and right before UDBA started doing it.

they are the only one who possibly did it but i doubt it.

all of the guilds who have done it have been in the last 2 years. The list is something like this: Dirty, TFK?, Dignity, Royal Bloodline, Ohana, UDBA. Of those guilds only UDBA and Ohana have killed more than once (Rb maybe more than once cant recall) with Ohana farming it 2x a week at one point. The top two guilds who you somehow managed to leave off your "list" not to mention the others i just named.

it has not been 10 years...

You sir are a stone cold liar and should be ashamed of yourself trying to prop yourself up by tossing out random names of guilds that you obviously know nothing about and were never a part of. Did you really think that someone like myself wouldn't read this who actually played back then and call you on on this pile of garbage?

Get off these forums for good and find someone and something else to inflate your chest about. You know nothing.

13. I have no idea what people are talking about holy priests. I have been playing Holy priest for a decent time now and what i can say is that i have never been rejected because i am HOLY(sometimes they tell me go shadow but not because holy is useless). GS(glyhped) is AMAZING. Also, The renew spec is a simple rdudu copy(weaker), so serependity(or w/e it was XD) is the way to go, Prayer of Healing+Circle of Healing is a good Group Burst Heal combo. The problem is, when the fight doesnt have much AoE damage and disc/rdudu/rshaman outheal the few damage faster than you do, you feel somehow useless, but if you have a lot of AoE damage(BQL,Sindy etc) fight you can do as good. It is also not 2-3 spells user just like the other heals, thats why it is Fun to play with.

14. Fury Warrior
    Ret / Prot / Holy Paladin
    MM Hunter
    Combat Rogue
    Disc / Shadow / Holy Priest
    Resto / Enha Shaman
    Fire Mage
    Demo Warlock
    Feral / Balance / Resto druid
    Unholy and Frost DK as DPS / Blood DK as Tank

All of these can work and are needed in raid more or less...
    (you can cut out Enha shaman, Holy priest and Resto druid maybe, but they can be really good and needed in 10m raids for example)

When it comes to the dps, it wont matter, aslong as you are doing the best you can, it doesnt matter if you are top1 or top10.
    For example, Demo Warlock wont ever see Top1, but is needed in raids and increases the DPS of other casters by A LOT, and on top of that it has Sumstone, Healthstone and Soulstone, which are great tools that have nothing to do with DPS.

It all comes to getting all the raid buffs/debuffs/consumables.
    And again, if you are doing the BEST your class can do when it comes to DPS, it doesnt matter if you are top1 or top10.

Go look at how playstyle of those different classes/specs are, and chose the one you like the most i guess.

15. what in the actual hell did i just read?
    Did you just make an account to answer 1 Forum post? you made this account yesterday and only posted 1 post...

You missed the part where I said 1... The other guilds was way before ICC no buff which was the whole point, Just because I haven't been in the last guilds who did ICC no buff because at the last year I spend joining progression guilds which was progressing old raids, and a friends guild of mine to help them progress ICC, that makes me a noob player who don't know anything? That seems like how you look at it.

Just because you haven't heard of the other guilds they must have never existed....
    I have been in a lot of really good guilds, you can deny that all you want, I could't care less.

Calm down and get out of the forums, enough toxicity from you buddy.
    Edited: January 18, 2019

First 1234 Last