1. Dps rankings

Hello,

I just came back to the server after a few years away, what classes/specs does most dps (overall) in ICC now?

For example a top 5 list?

2. Warrior,Mage,Hunter,Feral(good one),Rogue. All other VIABLE specs can do as good. I will suggest you to go feral because of the fun. Its not 2-3 button faceroll.

3. Warrior,Mage,Hunter,Feral(good one),Rogue. All other VIABLE specs can do as good. I will suggest you to go feral because of the fun. Its not 2-3 button faceroll.
    Ok, thanks for the reply. How is Ret and Shadow Priest? Would you define them VIABLE?

4. Ok, thanks for the reply. How is Ret and Shadow Priest? Would you define them VIABLE?
    Yes.
    Every single class is viable, except holy priests, they're just hated because not a single person can play them properly, (renew spamming like morons).

5. Not a complete data, but good overall chart and remember raids don't go with 18 furry warriors

Edited: January 16, 2019

6. Ok, thanks for the reply. How is Ret and Shadow Priest? Would you define them VIABLE?
    Yes, they are very viable. There are more Ret Paladins around than Shadow Priests, if that matters to you.

7. Every single class is viable, except holy priests, they're just hated because not a single person can play them properly, (renew spamming like morons).
    He was talking about DPS. But since you want to go this direction, how can you base that the spec is not "viable" because you don't see people play it properly, then don't bother to mention Shaman dps?
    Pretty clear bias here.

8. He was talking about DPS. But since you want to go this direction, how can you base that the spec is not "viable" because you don't see people play it properly, then don't bother to mention Shaman dps?
    Pretty clear bias here.
    Shaman DPS is simply bad because of the way 3.3.5 is. No secret agenda there.

9. i would put combat rogues first, wars dps limited by their tremendous aggro

10. He was talking about DPS. But since you want to go this direction, how can you base that the spec is not "viable" because you don't see people play it properly, then don't bother to mention Shaman dps?
    Pretty clear bias here.
    Far from it, Holy priest is the strongest raid healing class and the hardest one of all the healing classes to master.
    It's more like a warning since a lot of raid leaders don't want them just because 90% of the realm plays them wrong and just because of that.
    they're just hated.
    I thought I was pretty clear about that.

Shamans? they bring the best raid buffs in game, Bloodlust / Heroism for 1 example, for a "Viable" raid group, especially since raid composition brings such a huge role in 25man raids, any good raid leader knows this and would never pass up a Elemental shaman to a Frost DK cause they pull 1k dps less (according to the chart, which also isn't true but whatever) because that 1k dps will mean 5k extra raid dps in terms of a wrath totem to the raid, even more if you use Bloodlust.

Feral cats for example should go way higher in the charts but most people don't think they are that good because they never se a good feral, I've seen some feral cats pulling some insane numbers when it comes to DPS, and not against bad players, I'm talking 100+ LoD kills guilds, they are kinda same as holy priests, it's the most fun (in my opinion) and hardest healing class to play, therefor people think like they do.

Feral druids for example bring 30% bleed damage which greately increases Fury warriors and hunters damage, so combined, 1 bis fury and 1 bis feral cat dps is better then 2 Fury warrs as for overall damage increase for the raid.

My point is.

Every single class is viable.

11. Far from it, Holy priest is the strongest raid healing class and the hardest one of all the healing classes to master.
    You're preaching to the choir.
    It's more like a warning since a lot of raid leaders don't want them just because 90% of the realm plays them wrong and just because of that.
    I don't know if this is an assumption based on anecdotal evidence, but it most likely is. My own experience has been quite the reverse. Plenty of people I've played with have been happy to have a holy priest, if not downright ecstatic about it.
    Shamans? they bring the best raid buffs in game, Bloodlust / Heroism for 1 example, for a "Viable" raid group, especially since raid composition brings such a huge role in 25man raids, any good raid leader knows this and would never pass up a Elemental shaman to a Frost DK cause they pull 1k dps less (according to the chart, which also isn't true but whatever) because that 1k dps will mean 5k extra raid dps in terms of a wrath totem to the raid, even more if you use Bloodlust.
    You're missing one minor but very important detail. Shamans have access to a healer spec that is widely regarded as quite powerful and useful. You only need one Shaman per raid. The Restoration spec renders the other two specs useless.
    I thought I was pretty clear about that.
    That's exactly what I was addressing.
    They ARENT.
    You being "clear" about it doesn't change that what you've posted here isn't factual.

Shaman DPS is simply bad because of the way 3.3.5 is. No secret agenda there.
    I know that. That was the point. He overlooked them and jumped straight to a healer spec, which doesn't pertain to the topic.

12. You're preaching to the choir.
    You're saying I'm bias, and I said what I thought about holy priests since you thought I didn't like them.

I don't know if this is an assumption based on anecdotal evidence, but it most likely is. My own experience has been quite the reverse. Plenty of people I've played with have been happy to have a holy priest, if not downright ecstatic about it.
    In all the "Top guilds" I have been in, whenever I wanted to bring a holy priest I got laughed at, it's been like this for years.

You're missing one minor but very important detail. Shamans have access to a healer spec that is widely regarded as quite powerful and useful. You only need one Shaman per raid. The Restoration spec renders the other two specs useless.
    Useless is pretty harsh would't you say.

That's exactly what I was addressing.
    They ARENT.
    You being "clear" about it doesn't change that what you've posted here isn't factual.
    I guess if you go as a normal player and not warmane staff you will be treated a lot differently, because I got nothing but hate from a lot of guilds for trying to convince them that Holy priests are actually really good.

13. You're saying I'm bias, and I said what I thought about holy priests since you thought I didn't like them.
    Yes, you have a biased perspective because your perspective is limited to what you've experienced.
    Edit: That's not to say it's a bad thing. I don't want you to be offended by this. I'm not saying you are biased by choice. I'm saying that your perspective is based upon the BS you've put up with in the guilds you've been in.

In all the "Top guilds" I have been in, whenever I wanted to bring a holy priest I got laughed at, it's been like this for years.
    How many of those "Top guilds" you've been in have been known to do no-buff ICC?

Useless is pretty harsh would't you say.
    I would say it's pretty accurate. There isn't any reason to bring an Ele or Enhancement Shaman to a raid when you have a Restoration Shaman present. Anything that they can bring that a Restoration Shaman can't, can be brought by other classes along with better damage and other utilities.

I guess if you go as a normal player and not warmane staff you will be treated a lot differently, because I got nothing but hate from a lot of guilds for trying to convince them that Holy priests are actually really good.
    I would say you're playing with the wrong guilds.

14. holy priests are worst heals in wotlk expansion, while in cata probably best. I tell you as holy priest who was playing from tbc and pve only all these years. You cant outperform hpalas on single target healing and same with raid healing vs drus/shams. And on top of that their amazing mana issues. Note i said "worst" not "Bad/Unplayable" And that argument about classes "they are not bad, just people don't know how to play" is a bit outdated, what about survival hunters than ? It's dead spec in this expansion, why ? Because in pve they are far from MM and in pvp everything gets dispelled.

15. Bad editing, Had to make new post instead.

123 ... Last